Thailand’s crazy laws - it’s just as well many people just ignore them - they are “a ass”

webfact

3 hours ago, huangnon said:

Even if it breaks your arm?

Yes. A guy I new some years ago was walking his dogs along a canal,  a Swan came at him and his dog (an Akita) which was on a lead defended him dispatching the swan. Someone saw it and reported him. Here is where it became interesting. He went to court, was taken to a small room, no one else allowed in and fined £2,000. No report in the local papers!!!

Edited by BritScot
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Lacessit said:

I understand Mr. Bumble said "The law is AN ass, AN idiot." For someone who prides himself on his Scrabble skills, not good, Rooster.

it would seem that he is correct. This is just one of many Google search results that support him. I've never had the temerity to read Dickens so I don't know if it's just Mr Bumble that talks that way or if it was a common thing way back when.

https://www.bartleby.com/73/1002.html

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, kidneyw said:

I used to go jogging at Jomtien in the early morning. When I finished, I would go to 7/11 and buy a bottle of gin and a Chang three pack at 7.00am on a regular basis.

So much for no booze sold before 11.00am.

there will always be a speakeasy somewhere. thank your lucky stars.

54 minutes ago, Lemsta69 said:

it would seem that he is correct. This is just one of many Google search results that support him. I've never had the temerity to read Dickens so I don't know if it's just Mr Bumble that talks that way or if it was a common thing way back when.

https://www.bartleby.com/73/1002.html

I read most of Dickens' books before my teens. I remember that phrase, perhaps in the edition I was reading the proofreaders corrected the article. "An" should always be used when the following noun commences with a vowel.

Rooster may be correct in his quotation, I am grammatically correct.

I don't always take Google as gospel, as I have found it to be wrong in fact on a few occasions.

• Thumbs Up 1

When I'm typing a post it feels unnatural to post something like  "a idiot"   I always correct it myself to "an idiot".  I guess it was drilled into me in my English lessons 60 years ago.

Edited by roger101
Spelling

3 hours ago, kidneyw said:

I used to go jogging at Jomtien in the early morning. When I finished, I would go to 7/11 and buy a bottle of gin and a Chang three pack at 7.00am on a regular basis.

So much for no booze sold before 11.00am.

Ours will deliver out of hours, or serve you in the shop. They just ring it up later, idiotic law.

8 hours ago, blackshadow said:

yrs ago i got "fined" 100 baht by a copper for not wearing a shirt IN MY OWN TRUCK !!!

You cant even own your own truck in the UK check the log book 

The V5C logbook provided by DVLA is not evidence of legal car ownership. Instead, it states the name and address of the registered keeper as the responsible owner or driver of the vehicle.

Wasn’t the law changed a while back (maybe a year or so ago) so that hotels and/or resorts were allowed to sell alcohol between 2 and 5 in the afternoon?  We have never had a problem getting a beer as various hotels during that time even before the law was changed.

18 hours ago, brianthainess said:

I have been told its illegal here to drive without a shirt.  ???? 

Yes, used to be. 

Long ago on a Phuket trip, I rented a Jeep thinggy with no roof. 

Lovely day so we were driving around with our shirts off.

Angry police stopped us and we were told to put our shirts on. ????

• Like 1

According to what I have read the Japanese and the Koreans are more concerned 

about Cannabis than Covid since that is illegal in their countries.

Also, there are no Prostitutes                 there are working girls and they provide a service and refer to their "customers"               I applaud them for providing a service to those

who are Older and Very older, incapacitated as ALS  MD etc, Wheelchair bound,  to men who for, what ever reason,    can't find sex in their own country.  Why shouldn't they experience the joys of sex.  

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Lacessit said:

I read most of Dickens' books before my teens. I remember that phrase, perhaps in the edition I was reading the proofreaders corrected the article. "An" should always be used when the following noun commences with a vowel.

Rooster may be correct in his quotation, I am grammatically correct.

I don't always take Google as gospel, as I have found it to be wrong in fact on a few occasions.

Google Yeah, try having it translate Thai.........total disaster.     Peace