Is this wrong?

Sparktrader

4 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

I never understand why pizza is expensive. 25-50bht to make plus 250bht markup. 

Perhaps it is all the work that goes into beating the s##t out the dough, and tossing it up artistically. Or the capital cost of the oven.

I eat it very rarely, IMO there are better dishes around.

16 hours ago, Myran said:

This is incorrect. In Thailand and many other countries, you can be convicted of slander even if what you say is true.

There is nothing the Thai authorities can do if you commit "defamation" when you are outside the country, unless that country has the same dafamation nonsense as Thailand.

16 hours ago, Sparktrader said:

Get fined in Oz $30,000+ doing that. A fish n chip shop got fined 70 grand for doing something misleading.

It should also be unlawful for companies, ie restaurants, legal firms etc to use small or fine print in an attempt to mislead people.

15 hours ago, 2baht said:

I would think a 599 baht hotel would be somewhat dodgy! I think 1200 baht is very cheap.

I have used the same hotel, well 599Bt guesthouse, in Pattaya for years and it has everything you need, including excellent service.

24 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

Perhaps it is all the work that goes into beating the s##t out the dough, and tossing it up artistically. Or the capital cost of the oven.

I eat it very rarely, IMO there are better dishes around.

Me as well, ham cheese toasties, 7/11 special!

6 hours ago, Sparktrader said:

Prawn soup with mushrooms

Clams

Veges

Rice

No it wasnt scary

I wish someone would produce a baked beans pizza, with ham and egg. you used to buy one in Iceland, the store not the country, in Scotland years ago. it was delicious.

Just now, NoshowJones said:

I wish someone would produce a baked beans pizza, with ham and egg. you used to buy one in Iceland, the store not the country, in Scotland years ago. it was delicious.

I make my own pizza most of the time, using a store bought thin crust base, topped with a thin tomato dressing and some mozzarella cheese – – – and after I have cooked that, I add my own precooked chili con carne. Lovely jubbly!!!!

• Thumbs Up 1

44 minutes ago, Sparktrader said:
45 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

I never understand why pizza is expensive. 25-50bht to make plus 250bht markup. 

True its bread plus a couple of cheap toppings.

That depends on the Pizza of course... 

Quality pizza requires quality ingredients and wood fired pizza oven... 

The ovens are costly to make or buy...  but that aside, the ingredients and time required to make a good pizza vs the type of pizza pictured (earlier in this thread) are not the same...

... it may be called pizza - but its not the same pizza... 

Additionally... Toppings vary... from quality cheese, quality tomatoes...  there is even a significant difference between rubbish and quality pepperoni... 

This... If I just want ‘bread plus a coupe of cheap toppings I’ll have a ham and cheese toastie !!!... 

But if I want Pizza...  I’ll have something such as Massilla Pizza... 

...or even Pizza Mania...  But thats Bangkok. 

There must be some excellent Pizza restaurants in Pattaya too... 

But... for 99 Baht, my exceptions would be so low I’m not interested...  That said, this thread is not about the quality of Pizza being served.....  

Its about what appears to be either deliberate false marketing by the restaurant to get people in the door...  Or a clumsy mistake by the restaurant to continue marketing an expired promo.

7 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

That depends on the Pizza of course... 

Quality pizza requires quality ingredients and wood fired pizza oven... 

The ovens are costly to make or buy...  but that aside, the ingredients and time required to make a good pizza vs the type of pizza pictured (earlier in this thread) are not the same...

... it may be called pizza - but its not the same pizza... 

Additionally... Toppings vary... from quality cheese, quality tomatoes...  there is even a significant difference between rubbish and quality pepperoni... 

This... If I just want ‘bread plus a coupe of cheap toppings I’ll have a ham and cheese toastie !!!... 

But if I want Pizza...  I’ll have something such as Massilla Pizza... 

...or even Pizza Mania...  But thats Bangkok. 

There must be some excellent Pizza restaurants in Pattaya too... 

But... for 99 Baht, my exceptions would be so low I’m not interested...  That said, this thread is not about the quality of Pizza being served.....  

Its about what appears to be either deliberate false marketing by the restaurant to get people in the door...  Or a clumsy mistake by the restaurant to continue marketing an expired promo.

I better find a seafood pizza tonight then

13 minutes ago, Sparktrader said:

Yuck

Thanks for letting me know where your taste buds are located.

IIRC, you claim to be the Daddy Warbucks of share trading, making a motza every day. Why are you obsessing about a 99 baht pizza, which for that price was probably inedible?

Are you Scrooge McDuck's love child?

• Haha 1

32 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

This is what I make for myself - pork tenderloin, hot English mustard, and tasty cheese.

Oh dear, I've gone off topic again.

Yes... you’ve been off topic all thread.... 

IF you ran a restaurant and advertised your  sandwich 99 baht, and IF there was anyone who wanted to eat it and came to your restaurant, and you told them, the 99 baht one wasn’t available, but the 250 baht one is....  Their irritation would be perfectly understandable.

There... On topic !  

You can now go back to learning about manners in Thailand !!! :giggle:

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Sparktrader said:
3 hours ago, Lacessit said:

Perhaps I like watching train wrecks.

No you are bored. Counting posts. Judging others whilst complaining Richard had a go at you. 

Look on the bright side. At least he hasn't started a sub-topic that pizza  can cause kidney and liver damage.