17 year old teen girl crashes Mercedes Benz into houses at "Bend of 100 corpses" in NE

webfact

7 hours ago, bobbin said:

True that..

Why would any insurance company agree to pay out with an unlicensed driver at the wheel?

Probably the family agreed to pay..

Looking the photo it happened at night,this article was wrote the following day ?,since when ,not in our countries ,does an insurance company make an agreed payment so quickly.

Must agree, family agreed to pay.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, kidneyw said:

Amazing that no one commented on the fact that they had minor injuries.

I mean, just look at it.

Guess it says a lot for Mercedes safety features.

(Or Thai reporting).

Also no mention of amulets or lottery numbers.

They were lucky... probably because they were not speeding.....no need to mention how lucky they were it could have been much worse

15 hours ago, ikke1959 said:

no driverslicense... and a mercedes.. probably people with money and so no further charges as the insurance company already agreed to pay.... 

i think the poorly written article means the house owners will be compensated; the vehicle insurance maybe a different matter. IMHO.

23 hours ago, webfact said:

The house owners said that insurance had agreed to compensate them for the damage.

Because she had no Driving License, probably the insurance cover the damage done to the house and they will probably claim that money from the driver of the Merc, or the owner of the car. They will not spend a baht to fix or replace the car even if fully insured.

A friend of mine had a head on collision with a un insured van where the driver had fallen a sleep. My friends insurance company payed all damages to his car, they even offer him a rental car, and he asked who pay for that, and the insurance company say they will claim all damages and costs from the un insured driver. My friend felt sorry for him and declined having a rental during the time of repair.

Edited by Eaglekott

19 hours ago, G Rex said:

Yes - this concept has been difficult for me to comprehend in LOS.  No No Claim Bonus to carry onto your new car , no multi vehicle discount on policies.  I have insurance on all of my cars - I just hope to never need to use it here!

I drove in Thailand from 2005 ~ 2019, in that time I had 2 people drive into me: 1st stopped at a red light second was a guy so drunk he could hardly stand (police did nothing about him being drunk). Both admitted responsibility.  The problem and arguments I had was with insurance company wanting to do things on the cheap also seem to have a 50/50 agreement which I refused and demanded their insurance pay full.

• Thanks 1

On 11/14/2022 at 1:49 PM, Liverpool Lou said:

From the OP...

"The 17 year old girl was charged with negligent driving causing damage and not having a license". 

What other charges could there be?

oh, I don't know. being a member of the elite whom they're always talking about here in Thailand. I admit to being prejudiced somewhat, in suggesting that the parents should be sent back to parenting school.  ????

On 11/14/2022 at 8:46 PM, kickstart said:

Looking the photo it happened at night,this article was wrote the following day ?,since when ,not in our countries ,does an insurance company make an agreed payment so quickly.

Must agree, family agreed to pay.

also known as ''saving face''.