Patient claims surgeons cut his leg off without his permission - goes to Lawyer's Council for action

webfact

10 minutes ago, Berkshire said:

Agree, pretty insensitive.  I'd be pretty upset if this happened to me.  No amount of "sorry" would suffice when you really can't get your leg back.  Reminds me of a case in the west where the doctor amputated the wrong leg.  I thought it might have been in the US, but apparently it was in Austria....

[A surgeon in Austria has been fined after amputating the wrong leg of a patient earlier this year.]

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-59498082

That has happened in the U.S. as well.   That and took out the wrong kidney is another one I read about.

Apparently it is such a problem, that some doctors have been writing on appendages, this is the limb to amputate, or the right / left limb to amputate, or remove the left / right kidney only.

I also read about a surgeon that removed the wrong organ because it was not the right patient!

Edited by radiochaser
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

May well be true, but knowing Thai inability and laziness to read anything, would not surprise me if it was there and he simply did not bother to read or to ask any question.

My rental agreement is half a page, written in large print, no more than 60-70 words and 99.9% do not read, just sign it and when they breach it are in total shock as if they had never seen it, even though they signed it

• Thumbs Up 1