I got angry today, as always "thai people know it better, your way might work in farangland, but this is Thailand" ...

AndyAndyAndy

2 minutes ago, Sparktrader said:

Expensive?

Haven't paid for years - not in the way you're suggesting.

However, if I wanted to I could have a hell of a lot of fun for what a wife costs - without the agro and boredom.

Anyone who thinks having a wife gets you a 'free pass' is deluded.

• Haha 2

Just now, KhaoYai said:

Haven't paid for years - not in the way you're suggesting.

However, if I wanted to I could have a hell of a lot of fun for what a wife costs - without the agro and boredom.

Anyone who thinks having a wife gets you a 'free pass' is deluded.

Havent paid 555

19 hours ago, kwonitoy said:

Years ago when the very first Spiderman movie came out, we were watching it at home via DVD

About half way through my wife asks me if this is a real movie, depicting actual events.

I said no, it's fiction.

She said, "I think it's real"

Case closed.

Why did you get married?

2 minutes ago, Sparktrader said:

Havent paid 555

You can 555 all you like, your sarcasm is both unfounded and inconsequential.

I have my own house, ride my bike whenever and wherever I like. See who I like, when I like, cook what I want, drink when I want, come home at 5am. Go on holiday where I want and only pay for one ticket................ but most of all, I don't get taken for a ride by a wife or her family and have to listen to the same twoddle as the OP does.

Having been married for most of my life and raised 2 families yes, it takes a bit of getting used to but I can honestly say that I have never been happier.  Of course, some of my current 'partners' are probably 'hopefulls' with their own agenda but I don't let it get that far.

I've ridden 'big bikes' since I was young and have always said that I will continue as long as I can swing my leg over a bike - the same now applies to 'other things'.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, KhaoYai said:

You can 555 all you like, your sarcasm is both unfounded and inconsequential.

I have my own house, ride my bike whenever and wherever I like. See who I like, when I like, cook what I want, drink when I want, come home at 5am. Go on holiday where I want and only pay for one ticket................ but most of all, I don't get taken for a ride by a wife or her family and have to listen to the same twoddle as the OP does.

Having been married for most of my life and raised 2 families yes, it takes a bit of getting used to but I can honestly say that I have never been happier.  Of course, some of my current 'partners' are probably 'hopefulls' with their own agenda but I don't let it get that far.

I've ridden 'big bikes' since I was young and have always said that I will continue as long as I can swing my leg over a bike - the same now applies to 'other things'.

I bet they dont buy dinners and hotel rooms. You do. 

26 minutes ago, Sparktrader said:

I bet they dont buy dinners and hotel rooms. You do. 

Hotel rooms?  I have my own place and of course I pay for drinks and food - the difference is, I have a choice.  Try choosing whether to feed and water your wife.

Best post I've read for years sort of  sums up Thailand is best ,there is an element of this in every Thai woman most learn to keep their mouth shut and opinions to themselves after a  while

i am currently in UK, now we  need some work doing in house we live in a pretty remote area, Mrs. Poohy phones me up as shes Bangkok born and bred and  ignores most of the locals  (country folk  you know , we have only lived there 13 years) and does not know who or where where to ask to get things done

8 minutes ago, poohy said:

Best post I've read for years sort of  sums up Thailand is best ,there is an element of this in every Thai woman most learn to keep their mouth shut and opinions to themselves after a  while

i am currently in UK, now we  need some work doing in house we live in a pretty remote area, Mrs. Poohy phones me up as shes Bangkok born and bred and  ignores most of the locals  (country folk  you know , we have only lived there 13 years) and does not know who or where where to ask to get things done

Bangkok people are pretentious. 

12 hours ago, Pawpcorn said:

Well thought out explanation, I couldn't say it better.

The belief in magic and mysticism runs deep here.

She doesn't sound willing to listen to you, nor accept your logic; I'd say it's pointless to fight it.

Like BangkokReady suggested, just "do what you want, and try to ignore her."

Resistance is futile. They have been assimilated. Take the good with the good; try to see it as your free education into Thai-ism, and try to avoid being supremely frustrated. It's bad for your mental and physical health.

Surely there's a humorous side to all this? Who knows, she COULD be right, .000001% of the time! ????

Edit addendum: There ARE occasions where "The Thai Way" will make better sense (in Thailand, or in Thai situations)... surprising, to our Western mind, but nevertheless true. 

Have you EVER been able to teach her ANYTHING, or open her mind to a different way of seeing or understanding ANYTHING? Even once?

I have never ceased to wonder … all those tangle of overhead wires, the coils of extra cord … I am amazed but it appears to work!

• Thumbs Up 1

7 minutes ago, wwest5829 said:

I have never ceased to wonder … all those tangle of overhead wires, the coils of extra cord … I am amazed but it appears to work!

...until the next hatchet job of tree trimming, (here in Issan), upon which we're guaranteed a minimum of a weeks internet outage, due to falling tree limbs snapping the fibers.

A yearly event, and not including weekends, regardless of multiple phone calls, thank ya, TOT.

• Thumbs Up 1