Elon Musk restores Donald Trump’s Twitter account

Scott

18 minutes ago, Sparktrader said:

No, its what happens when hate filled people act irrationally. It's not regular people who hate so much. Hating people doesnt affect them, it affects you. You are self harming.

I offered you an opportunity to declare that Trump wasn't racist but you wouldn't step up to the plate.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Sparktrader said:

No you falsely claimed several things. You compared Trump with Hitler. You claimed Trump did nothing during protests. You claimed it isnt police job to control protests.

After 2 mins on google I proved you wrong. You spent 22 months hating Trump based on incorrect information.

I pointed out that both Trump and Hitler were careful to not do the dirty work themselves.  That is true.

Trump did nothing for hours after the protest became an attack on the Capitol and Congress other than watch television.  Prove me wrong, provide a credible source telling us what he did.

It's Trump's sworn duty to defend and protect the US and its Constitution.  He didn't.

6 minutes ago, Sparktrader said:

Nobody thinks that. More irrational comments.

Trump Declares Himself “King of Israel,” the “Second Coming of God”

https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2019/08/donald-trump-king-of-israel

‘He was chosen’: the rightwing Christian roadshow spreading the gospel of Trump

Part Trump rally, part religious service, and much conspiracy theory thrown in – on the eve of the midterms, Ed Pilkington visits the ReAwaken America tour

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2022/nov/06/trump-reawaken-america-republicans-midterms-branson-missouri

Edited by ozimoron
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, Sparktrader said:

Police job. Learn how the law works instead of posting hate. 

Trump had the right to declare a state of emergency and call the national guard.

If needed, insurrection act art 252 and 253.

Edited by candide
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, heybruce said:

Do you think you are the only person for whom Trump has replaced Jesus?

I did not say that Trump had replaced Jesus (for me) , stop making untrue accusations . (And I have no idea about whether anyone has done that , you would have to find that out for yourself)

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

I think that you misunderstood  my post .

I can recite more of Donald Trumps words than I can  recite Jesus's words .

I have spent a lot of time in the last six years studying and dissecting what Donald has said and what he meant (on internet forums) , my point was that Trump has taken the place of Jesus , these days 

1 hour ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

I am a one person "cult" ?

Doesn't it have to be a group of people before it can be classified as being a cult ?

37 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

I did not say that Trump had replaced Jesus (for me) , stop making untrue accusations . (And I have no idea about whether anyone has done that , you would have to find that out for yourself)

Ok, you posted "my point was that Trump has taken the place of Jesus , these days ".  I assume you meant Trump has taken the place of Jesus for you and possible others.  What did you mean by these words?

42 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Who's words do you study more ?

Trump or Jesus ?

In the last six years , whose words have you studied the most between the two ?

That is a very strange thing to ask.  Before I attempt an answer, I'd like to know why you are asking this strange question.  Is this an attempt at proselytizing?

29 minutes ago, heybruce said:

That is a very strange thing to ask.  Before I attempt an answer, I'd like to know why you are asking this strange question.  Is this an attempt at proselytizing?

You did ask me whether Trump had replaced Jesus for some people and I was asking you as to whether you study Trumps words more than you do study Jesuses words . No, it isn't an attempt at "proselytizing" .

Some people study the Bible and discuss among themselves the actual meaning examining every word , which is quite similar to the words of Trump .

What did Trump mean when he said the word "Peacefully' ?

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, heybruce said:

Ok, you posted "my point was that Trump has taken the place of Jesus , these days ".  I assume you meant Trump has taken the place of Jesus for you and possible others.  What did you mean by these words?

These days , some people sit around all day studying the words of Trump , differing people have a differing opinion of what he meant and we sit around discussing them in depth . People used to do that with the Bible , seems like Trump words have taken the place of the Bible .

Trump leading his followers to protest against injustice in the Capitol and then getting Twitter jailed , is rather similar to Biblical stories 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

5 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

You did ask me whether Trump had replaced Jesus for some people and I was asking you as to whether you study Trumps words more than you do study Jesuses words . No, it isn't an attempt at "proselytizing" .

Some people study the Bible and discuss among themselves the actual meaning examining every word , which is quite similar to the words of Trump .

I think he knew he would need a CYA word after whipping up the crowd with lies about a stolen election, words such as "fight like hell" and then telling them to march to the Capitol.

What did you mean by "my point was that Trump has taken the place of Jesus , these days"?

Also, what do you mean by stating the words of the Bible are similar to the words of Trump?

1 minute ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

These days , some people sit around all day studying the words of Trump , differing people have a differing opinion of what he meant and we sit around discussing them in depth . People used to do that with the Bible , seems like Trump words have taken the place of the Bible .

Trump leading his followers to protest against injustice in the Capitol and then getting Twitter jailed , is rather similar to Biblical stories 

I assume that by "Trump leading his followers to protest against injustice in the Capitol" you mean the injustice of his losing the election.  The greatest injustice at the time was his repeated lies about a stolen election and all the gullible people who believed it.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

His advisors undoubtedly told him that if he didn't say that he would quickly be in an orange jumpsuit. Just the same as how the secret service would not allow him to go to the Capitol to attend the riot..

It was too little, too late, he fooled nobody except those who want to be fooled.

Edited by ozimoron
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, heybruce said:

I think he knew he would need a CYA word after whipping up the crowd with lies about a stolen election, words such as "fight like hell" and then telling them to march to the Capitol.

What did you mean by "my point was that Trump has taken the place of Jesus , these days"?

Also, what do you mean by stating the words of the Bible are similar to the words of Trump?

I am going to leave it at that , I don't want to keep talking about Trump .

I have spent way too much of my life and time already talking about him , and I seem to spend half my life online talking about him and I have promised myself to cut down on my Trump talking .

So, I will leave it at that and try and get to my "No talking about Trump" ways ????

• Thumbs Up 1

Twitter Inc's head of French operations, Damien Viel, said he was quitting the social media platform, whose new owner Elon Musk recently fired top executives and enforced steep job cuts at the company.

"It's over," Viel tweeted on Sunday, thanking his team in France, which he led for the last seven years.

https://www.reuters.com/technology/its-over-twitter-frances-head-quits-amid-layoffs-2022-11-21/

4 hours ago, Sparktrader said:
Anger is an acid that can do more harm to the vessel in which it is stored than to anything on which it is poured.
Mark Twain

For someone who posts more often than anyone in the Asean Now universe it is a bit rich criticising others for taking things too seriously, or noting they should be a fun carefree guy like you, travelling around Thailand.

Comparing to other events is a bit fruitless too.  Pol Pot was in fact terrible  - it does show though that giving power to one man can lead to terrible things. January 6 in my opinion, was objectively a very significant and serious event, and taking decisive steps to make sure it does not happen again seems smart.  Especially since the person who made it happen has not resiled from it. Banning him back in 2020 made sense. It took courage to stand up to a dangerous fool.  Don't care if they bring him back as I see him mainly as a spent force. 

• Like 2

Elon Musk’s Twitter has reinstated the personal account of far-right Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene, which was banned in January for violating the platform’s COVID misinformation policies at the time.

https://apnews.com/article/elon-musk-technology-donald-trump-marjorie-taylor-greene-misinformation-cb7b71a78b7b8e3516711e287457806c?utm_source=homepage&utm_medium=TopNews&utm_campaign=position_08

13 minutes ago, Fat is a type of crazy said:

For someone who posts more often than anyone in the Asean Now universe it is a bit rich criticising others for taking things too seriously, or noting they should be a fun carefree guy like you, travelling around Thailand.

Comparing to other events is a bit fruitless too.  Pol Pot was in fact terrible  - it does show though that giving power to one man can lead to terrible things. January 6 in my opinion, was objectively a very significant and serious event, and taking decisive steps to make sure it does not happen again seems smart.  Especially since the person who made it happen has not resiled from it. Banning him back in 2020 made sense. It took courage to stand up to a dangerous fool.  Don't care if they bring him back as I see him mainly as a spent force. 

Banning never works in the long run, IMO, and trying to silence someone with millions of supporters only makes them ( the supporters ) despise the opposition even more, as it reinforces their belief that they are being attacked by a corrupt opposition.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Banning never works in the long run, IMO, and trying to silence someone with millions of supporters only makes them ( the supporters ) despise the opposition even more, as it reinforces their belief that they are being attacked by a corrupt opposition.

It may be obvious to note it is not ideal to ban, and should be used sparingly, but life isn't black and white and hard decisions have to be made. It would be nice if everyone could hear everyone and come to sensible conclusions or at least conclusions that don't result in harm to others.  But that doesn't seem to happen in some situations.  Sometimes it is about decency too. Rather than watch from the sidelines ask yourself what you would do as decision maker, running a private communication business, about Alex Jones or about Donald Trump fresh from January 6. 

Edited by Fat is a type of crazy

32 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

If Hitler was alive today, should he be banned from Twitter? You obviously wouldn't think so, judging by that response. Should Putin be allowed on Twitter? All three, racists alike.

Edited by ozimoron
  • Like 2

'Toxic Twitter' activists ramp up pressure on brands after Trump account reinstated

The groups in the Stop Toxic Twitter coalition complained that Musk had vowed to advertisers that Twitter would take a considered approach to reinstating banned accounts and convene a new content moderation council. No such council has been created as of Monday.

"It was a real breach," Angelo Carusone, president of Media Matters, a left-leaning media watchdog that is part of the coalition, said on Monday. He said Musk "was lying from the beginning."

https://www.reuters.com/technology/toxic-twitter-activists-ramp-up-pressure-brands-after-trump-account-reinstated-2022-11-21/

• Like 1

Elon seems desperate to get Trump back on.

While some people on Twitter tried to find pun and humour in the post, others felt that Musk has clearly overstepped his limits calling the meme no less than vulgar, inappropriate and distasteful.

Elon Musk via his meme is perhaps trying to suggest that Donald Trump is tempted to tweet, however he is praying for resistance to do so, with Trump being labelled as Jesus and the woman as Twitter temptation.

"Beyond the obvious gross misogyny, this is so pathetically desperate on multiple levels. Imagine being the richest man on earth, and begging for the attention of Donald Trump and the approval of alt-right "influencers."

It was Musk’s, the world’s richest man’s second attempt at tempting Trump, to post on Twitter, The first, now deleted, used a Family Guy character being tempted by a bottle of pills. Perhaps thinking that this was in bad taste for mocking the nation’s opioid epidemic, Musk deleted it.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1