Court Accepts Cannabis Lawsuit Against Anutin, ONCB

webfact

You know I don't have a dog in this fight and I don't want this to sound like a threat, but I can't help but wonder how long these people would live if the manage to pull the plug on keeping it legal. Millions have been spent on this and without doubt some of those people who invested money on this would not give a second thought to doing the gangster thing to insure their investment doesn't go south.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, IamNoone88 said:

Smoking a bunch of high THC content joints and jumping into your 3.0L pickup and driving at 100kph .... nope. There needs to be balance and they are not there yet.

You clearly have zero clue.

One can drink for 12 hours and go fast and furious like you see every single thai girl do on the way home down bukhao or one can have one singular puff of weed and get on a motorbike taxi because they become more aware and alert of the risks and one did try to ride, they would be travelling about 3kmph

6 hours ago, kingstonkid said:

There has to rule Even in countries where it is legal, there are still rules about the sale.  

Also, it is a taxable sale in countries where it is legal.

The catch to all this is that there were no restrictions put on the sale and there was no set agreement it seems that the people that wanted it legalized had set parameters.

Anutin in his stupidity and following along with all the great things he did with covid just said to hell with it lets take it off the books and let anyone sell, smoke, grow and harvest,

YOu can not do that there need to be rules on where how, and who can sell.  Not only to limit the sale but also to ensure the quality of the product.

The last thing any country needs is someone selling <deleted> pot or pot with a kick. because something else is in it.

I can remember buying what I thought was good stuff only to find that it was twigs and <deleted>.  also with the level of THC these days there needs to be a control.

Thailand has enough trouble with drunk farang that it really does not need to deal with the pot head-stoned farang

Again I am not against legal medical use I am just against some kid sitting on the side of the street selling it to whoever wants to buy not knowing what they are buying.

It's too late now for the state to intervene. The amount of intervention is also limited to the budget that a developing country like Thailand can have. Even in the Netherlands where Cannabis sales have been legal for decades now, the state does not intervene on the production side of the equation. In fact production there is a gray area, the coffee shops are legal and theirs sales are taxable (even though in my experience I have brought grams without any sales record). The production ends up in the hands of people who are willing to break the law. So in this respect Thailand is ahead of the Netherlands! 

On 11/21/2022 at 2:57 PM, jcmj said:

They’ll be protesting on the streets big time if this happens. Many Thais have spent a lot of money opening cafes and farms. This will not go down well. 

There may even be a few 'random' accidents involving motorcycle drivers wearing dark visor helmets in the days and weeks to come.

Edited by shdmn

That should make a few million cannabis criminals as well as a few thousand 'cannabis traffickers' with just a wave of a hand by a judge.  Better build concentration camps and the prisons won't hold everyone.

Of course, the judgement would never apply to "Special People."

Edited by connda

22 hours ago, bradiston said:

But that's half the point of legalising it. You can control the legal cultivation, distribution and use. Buying from a licensed premises is surely better than street legal. I've bought potcheen in the sticks, laced with horse tranquilliser. Sure, gave all colours a deep glow, but kidney failure was just around the corner. If the liberalisation, I wouldn't say legalisation as there seem to be all sorts of questions as to what that really means, had been done in any other way it just wouldn't have happened. Endless committees, sub committees, enquiries, studies... You know what I'm talking about. It would have all been shelved as too problematic and difficult. Anutin took the plunge and jumped in the deep end. Kudos to that man. I say. Ok. Now look at regulating the various aspects of its legalisation.

I agree with most of what you say HOWEVER, Anutin was the problem.  He was in such a hurry to be the HERO that he did not think it through.

I compare it to drinking  Imagine if you took a country and said okay, drinking is legal with no rules.

If Anutin's advisers had been on the ball, they would have looked at the issues and not only legalized it but established some of the parameters before or at the same time.

If they did not talk to the medical community or others officially or unofficially, they were derelict in their duty.  It is called Due diligence, and every action has a reaction.

Imagine if they passed a law that sex was legal anywhere in Thailand.  What would the side streets and nooks and crannies of NANA be like

22 hours ago, BritManToo said:

Why the anti-white racism?

This isn't about white foreigners, this is about Thais.

Britmantoo

Where did I say anything about white people potheads come in all colours all races and all sexualities

Me think you have smoked too much of the woke tabaccy.

3 minutes ago, kingstonkid said:

Britmantoo

Where did I say anything about white people potheads come in all colours all races and all sexualities

In your post .........

"Thailand has enough trouble with drunk farang that it really does not need to deal with the pot head-stoned farang"

16 hours ago, Shocked farang said:

It's too late now for the state to intervene. The amount of intervention is also limited to the budget that a developing country like Thailand can have. Even in the Netherlands where Cannabis sales have been legal for decades now, the state does not intervene on the production side of the equation. In fact production there is a gray area, the coffee shops are legal and theirs sales are taxable (even though in my experience I have brought grams without any sales record). The production ends up in the hands of people who are willing to break the law. So in this respect Thailand is ahead of the Netherlands! 

There still needs to be rules  The ability for somchai to sell a product he reports to be marijuana by simply putting it on blanket on Suk is not what was meant.

Anutin screwed the pooch.  Yes, it is going to be hard to put the Genie all the way back into the bottle, but I think there still needs to be restraint especially if the purpose was to auth medical use.

2 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

In your post .........

"Thailand has enough trouble with drunk farang that it really does not need to deal with the pot head-stoned farang"

I think you need to check your definitions Farang does not mean white it means A foreigner. 

Foreigner means person born in or coming from a country other than one's own.

Tht can mean anyone that is not Thai

2 minutes ago, kingstonkid said:

I think you need to check your definitions Farang does not mean white it means A foreigner. 

Foreigner means person born in or coming from a country other than one's own.

Tht can mean anyone that is not Thai

Why not say foreigner if you mean foreigner.

No need to use an anti-white Thai racial slur in your posts.

Then people like me won't think you're a racist.

Edited by BritManToo

42 minutes ago, kingstonkid said:

I agree with most of what you say HOWEVER, Anutin was the problem.  He was in such a hurry to be the HERO that he did not think it through.

I compare it to drinking  Imagine if you took a country and said okay, drinking is legal with no rules.

If Anutin's advisers had been on the ball, they would have looked at the issues and not only legalized it but established some of the parameters before or at the same time.

If they did not talk to the medical community or others officially or unofficially, they were derelict in their duty.  It is called Due diligence, and every action has a reaction.

Imagine if they passed a law that sex was legal anywhere in Thailand.  What would the side streets and nooks and crannies of NANA be like

All that would have got everybody bogged down, and nothing would have happened. Due diligence on what? The likely, or even possible, outcomes of liberalisation? Maybe they did work on that. Maybe their conclusion was it was safe to proceed. But no, there wasn't any legislation. There wasn't even a vote on it in parliament. The Thai FDA simply removed it from the Category 5 narcotics list. Yesterday's ruling has added cannabis flowers back onto the list, but the "legalisation" of the cultivation, consumption and selling of the rest of the plant appears to have been, well, let's just say, given the nod. I think it was, since 2018, legal for medicinal purposes. What Anutin and the FDA appear to have done is simply broaden the acceptable use. It's not like it's a new drug, requiring years and years of testing etc etc to gain FDA approval. Neither is it patentable, though I'm sure there will be patented cultivars and brand names emerging, if they haven't already done so.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cannabis_in_Thailand

Edited by bradiston

1 hour ago, bradiston said:

There wasn't even a vote on it in parliament.

Not exactly, there was a first reading which passed.

The second reading has been stalled, by, as some contend, political maneuvering.

1 hour ago, bradiston said:

Yesterday's ruling has added cannabis flowers back onto the list

No. There was "ruling" per se. Flowers have a new catgeory, "controlled herb". Cannabis flowers have NOT been added back on to the Narcotics List.

• Thanks 1

On 11/22/2022 at 7:43 AM, IAMHERE said:

Legalized marijuana affects their wallets; they understand that.

Exactly.  If you follow the blood lines of the people who are behind this lawsuit you will find that they are related in some way or another to the families that have the alcohol and tobacco monopolies.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 11/23/2022 at 1:23 PM, kingstonkid said:

Britmantoo

"Thailand has enough trouble with drunk farang that it really does not need to deal with the pot head-stoned farang "  <---- Your race-based quote @kingstonkid

Because you insinuated that "Farangs" are an issue.   We can probably insinuate that "Drunk Farangs" (your words) insinuating that White people in Thailand are a sort of uniformly problem of alcohol abuse across the Thailand. I hate to inform you, but drunkenness is is not a racial trait. Drunkeness and drug issues transcend race.   Don't make "farangs" being drunks and "potheads" an issue as it makes you're assertions border on overt racism.  And honestly?  If find that disturbing.

By the way - you set the stage that you yourself are now dancing on. 

Britmantoo

Where did I say anything about white people potheads come in all colours all races and all sexualities.  Me think you have smoked too much of the woke tabaccy.

Go back and read through your own threads.

1. "Thailand has enough trouble with drunk farang that it really does not need to deal with the pot head-stoned farang "  (Farangs are white people of European decent so.....your diatribe is anti-white.  FYI-"White", as in 'white skinned' is a color in case you didn't know and a racial ethnicity.).
2. "Me think you have smoked too much of the woke tabaccy."  (When all else fails, resort to ad-hominid attacks of another member's character.) 

So: Just to point out Aseannow Modation rules which you seem to flaunt:  "Do not flame, troll or stalk other members".
"Me think you have smoked too much of the woke tabaccy."  <--- your flaming words. 

And 15: "You will not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, age, religion, ethnicity, nationality, disability, medical history, marriage, civil partnership, pregnancy, maternity, paternity, gender identity, sexual orientation or any other irrelevant factor. "

" "Thailand has enough trouble with drunk farang that it really does not need to deal with the pot head-stoned farang " <---- your racist diatribe aimed on light-skinned individuals of European decent - or any other light-skinned individual whom most Thai would refer to as 'white' (farang) based on their skin color.

Let me make a recommendation:
Really - mellow out.  Have respect.  Don't attack other members.  And realize that "People of color includes the entire color spectrum."  ❤️

Edited by connda

On 11/21/2022 at 7:32 PM, bradiston said:

I doubt they'll be affected. You could always buy weed in Thailand. This is more to do with giving Thais the opportunity to start legitimate businesses, cleaning up the drug culture and safeguarding users. These politicians are blinkered idiots.

I bought weed (mostly Thai bricks) for almost two decades since I started visiting Thailand. Legalization made it cheaper and widely available. I remember during Covid-19 the two years when I lived in Pattaya without leaving the country, I had to beg and plead my contact to come to Pattaya (it seems he went to his village) to supply me some weed. He eventually agreed if I buy in bulk for at least 8,000 baht worth of weed. And I bought. I left Pattaya in Sept 2021 and then came back in July 2022. It was a new World and the golden age of Weed in Thailand has set in. Shops everywhere. Before legalization, the same amount of Thai brick that I bought for 1000 baht was available for 300 baht. 

Edited by Onerak