4 AM Closing Time for Nightspots in Tourism Areas Postponed Indefinitely

snoop1130

Been in Lamphun of all places last 30 days and a bar there stays open till 5 am. Quite a eye opener as its usually quite universal around there that they all close at 12 ish. Apart from Rodeo which was nearer 4 am but previously owned by the Police. New owners now on reopening so not sure who has it now  

Edited by Nigeone

13 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

I understand that discos, I think they are called clubs these days, want to stay open until 4am or even longer. When do they open? 10pm, and maybe after midnight guests start to fill up the place?

But i.e. with gogo-bars that is a different story. Girls start dancing maybe 7pm or 8pm. And by 2am they are tired - if they are still there. They wouldn't be able to dance until 4am. So what would happen if bars would open until 4am? They would start and hour or two hours later. But the amount of open hours would be the same.

So what is the point of pushing everything 2 hours into the night?

Doesn't make a great deal of sense given the 'tourist area' play.   Genuine tourists have a finite amount of money to spend on entertainment during their vacation, so the reality is there isn't any extra revenue to be gained from actual tourists, they will spend what they have and no more.   Local Thais (and some expats of course) in other places, that's a different matter.

Here in Phuket, a couple of years ago I was a regular cyclist and weekends would see me doing 100km plus rides for which I would start very early, circa 5/6 a.m.  I was always amazed (not really) when going through Thalang whilst it was still dark, and outside one particular Thai pub, people were just leaving.

5 hours ago, Salerno said:

I would say your guess is way off the mark and it's not just about tourists. Prior to covid there were times I don't even go out until around 4 am. There are (or where prior to covid) clubs that don't really get started until the sun comes up - and not just Thailand, world-wide. 

Yeah. Worldwide, edgy posers think its cool to stay up late. So the later you start the more edgy you are. I did it a handful of times in my 20's. Lucifers in around 2010

They should leave it at 2am to encourage ppl to grow up

Edited by Harsh Jones
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Chigur said:

Jeez, Harsh, you need to get off the rocking chair and head out more. Clubs barely get going at midnight. 3am is when they start to rock. And babes start to get drunk and, er, amenable if you get what I mean.

I seen it all through my 20's. I would wonder, why cant we all show up a little earlier so we don't waste away the whole next day because your body doesn't know whether to sleep or stay awake anymore.  Id usually just leave my friends behind at the disco and find freelancer and be back at my room by 1:00

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, Harsh Jones said:

I seen it all through my 20's. I would wonder, why cant we all show up a little earlier so we don't waste away the whole next day because your body doesn't know whether to sleep or stay awake anymore.  Id usually just leave my friends behind at the disco and find freelancer and be back at my room by 1:00

Fair enough. But I am on flex time so it's a habit to sleep late and rise late and my body clock knows to leave me alone.

But, as you mention FLs, actually that's a reason I prowled clubs till late. Particularly, CM2 (long dead now but what a place it was) and Mixx till before Covid because I am partial to Russians and Latinas (more so than local talent - grass is greener as they say - but no gainsaying some of these visitors were/are stunning).

Now, here was the problem. Babes would hold out as long as possible for high rollers to pop in and offer silly money. But near closing when the lights start to come on they would either (a) call it a night or (b) here's where lusty little people like me came into the picture, take what's available. Many were the times I would stumble home with an 8 or 9 for 2-2.5k.

Ah, memories. Incidentally, does anyone know if the Russians (Central Asians actually) or Colombians are back on the scene?

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Salerno said:

I would say your guess is way off the mark and it's not just about tourists. Prior to covid there were times I don't even go out until around 4 am. There are (or where prior to covid) clubs that don't really get started until the sun comes up - and not just Thailand, world-wide. 

Totally agree well said

• Thumbs Up 2

46 minutes ago, Chigur said:

Fair enough. But I am on flex time so it's a habit to sleep late and rise late and my body clock knows to leave me alone.

But, as you mention FLs, actually that's a reason I prowled clubs till late. Particularly, CM2 (long dead now but what a place it was) and Mixx till before Covid because I am partial to Russians and Latinas (more so than local talent - grass is greener as they say - but no gainsaying some of these visitors were/are stunning).

Now, here was the problem. Babes would hold out as long as possible for high rollers to pop in and offer silly money. But near closing when the lights start to come on they would either (a) call it a night or (b) here's where lusty little people like me came into the picture, take what's available. Many were the times I would stumble home with an 8 or 9 for 2-2.5k.

Ah, memories. Incidentally, does anyone know if the Russians (Central Asians actually) or Colombians are back on the scene?

Yeah Im just busting around. Everyone is different. Some ppl can stay up all night, catch a nap during the day and then they're good to go again. Im just not one of them. 

That's a good idea. Waiting till the highest bidders are gone. 

So Lucifers and Mixx are still there eh. I just looked on Google earth. Mixx is showing its age now. In 2009 it was the new and shiny place. Even from the outside. 

2 minutes ago, Mickboy said:

2 am just getting started in Barcelona and many hotspots in this world wake up thailand !

Perhaps people come to Thailand for something different.....

When I was young the UK nightlife was limited to 2am... and the public bars to 11pm...  The Thai youth seem to like later... I just fear the likely increase in alcohol related accidents.