Sean Hannity Testified He Didn't Believe Trump's Election Fraud Lies 'For 1 Second'

Scott

Sean Hannity was apparently willing to promote Donald Trump’s bogus election fraud claims on his Fox News show but unwilling to defend them while under oath.

The New York Times is reporting that when Hannity was deposed earlier this year as a part of a massive defamation lawsuit brought forward by Dominion Voting Systems against the right-wing network, he basically admitted his real thoughts about the 2020 election being stolen.

“I did not believe it for one second,” Hannity testified.

https://news.yahoo.com/sean-hannity-testified-didnt-believe-001935335.html

Waiting for previously-broadcasted vids of him saying just the opposite.  With the holidays and the impending weather siege threatening North America we might have to wait until January for them.  He's just trying to cover his backside, pretty obvious.

On the other hand one thing news reporters, generally, are loathe to do is propel another reporter to become the story, especially those of the rabid right-wing.  But entertainment is where you find it, and one of my fave of such remarks is Limbaugh when he would say of Bill O'Reilly (remember him?) "He's Ted Baxter."

Second fave is when Katie Couric who, upon learning Diane Sawyer (who was one of Nixon's gang) just got a scoop on something or other, said "who did she blow this time?"

Special mention to Chris Hayes, who has no qualms about sticking it to Tucker.

Edited by bendejo
  • Like 2

33 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Fact is, nobody who is interested in the truth would even try to get that truth from fox.

It's like asking a bar girl if she thinks I am handsome and sexy: Sure, you are! 

Unfortunately there are a lot of gullible people out there some well meaning well now they know!

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Tug said:

Unfortunately there are a lot of gullible people out there some well meaning well now they know!

The problem is that they don't know now.

They know that he said X and then the opposite of X. When did he tell the truth and when did he lie?

I am sure Trump fans see it similar to: In his show he told the truth, and when he testified in front of this politically motivated people, he had to tell a lie.

It's all question of the perspective. 

• Thumbs Up 1

11 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Hannity is an opinion/ entertainment show, not a fact based show. Anyone that has watched Fox regularly knows that.

I don't think most, if not nearly all, his audience has been let in on that. Calling the network FOX "NEWS" might  be the thing that's throwing them off. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ozimoron said:

Long ago their motto was "fair and balanced". They couldn't keep saying that with a straight face so they dropped it.

Well, they can't say it now - but I would wager nothing will change. 

What would be interesting would be to know how much Dominion is suing the network for. 

It looks like a real can of worms for Fox.

12 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

1.6 Billion, with a B.

That's a big can of worms.

I'm no legal expert - but considering all that was said on there about voting machines & Dominium, it would seem like a slam dunk having Hannity say this. But then I am sure he was well briefed before going to answer questions. 

But in business defamation/disparagement claims in the US, you have to prove loss of the amount you are claiming. Did Dominium really lose $1.9 Billion dollars because of these statements? I would wager not. Their machines are still being used in the US, not sure about rest of the World.

2 minutes ago, pedro01 said:

That's a big can of worms.

I'm no legal expert - but considering all that was said on there about voting machines & Dominium, it would seem like a slam dunk having Hannity say this. But then I am sure he was well briefed before going to answer questions. 

But in business defamation/disparagement claims in the US, you have to prove loss of the amount you are claiming. Did Dominium really lose $1.9 Billion dollars because of these statements? I would wager not. Their machines are still being used in the US, not sure about rest of the World.

To win the suit, Dominion have to prove that the defamation was malicious. I think that's a slam dunk but we'll see. If Dominion win it will be curtains for Fox.

• Like 1

On 12/22/2022 at 8:22 PM, ozimoron said:

They should have known years ago when Carlson presented a defense in court that no reasonable person would believe him.

A common tactic in the US, in both law and business, they say "fly it up the flagpole and see if anybody salutes it."  If no one does you can get disbarred, like Rudy G.