Swedish tourist arrested for wandering on Pattaya Beach with a loaded gun and crystal meth

webfact

12 minutes ago, Dogmatix said:

Perhaps the "Made in Turkey" on the slide should have been a give away to the cops. In fact it looks the Turkish BB gun or starter's pistol on sale here.  https://biggunbbshop.com/th/articles/180707-kuzey-911-colt-defender-9mm.p.a.k.

Nicely spotted. Also, appropriately festive (Turkey at Christmas n' all that).

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, NoshowJones said:

shaving your head is not, and neither is wearing a football shirt., so no brain problem.

We're not talking about disfigurements, we're talking about your discrimination of people based on appearance.

When people see a skinhead or football shirts, the assumptions are already made.

Your argument is flawed.

Even if this is a BB gun incapable of firing the ammo, having the real bullets will mean that he will get the same penalties for all the firearms offences he is charged with as for a real gun. Having the meth won't help him much either. He could be facing several years in prison in Thailand before repatriation to Sweden under the prisioner exchange treaty. The Swedes will then release him after a token couply of months in a Swedish prison. 

The only country that abides strictly by their prisoner exchange treaty and waits for the Thai government to order the release of exchanged prisoners is the UK. That means that prisioners exchanged on lengthy drugs sentences have to serve time in the UK with UK prisoners serving similar sentences, e.g. completely deranged murderers on life sentences who can never be released.  All the other Western countries release the prisoners when they have served the same sentence they would got in that country for the same offences, which is usually immediately. Thailand have never raised any official objection to this practice.  The UK leaves them to finish their Thai sentences or get a Thai Royal pardon.  Many British prisoners have said they would have been better off left in the Thai prison.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, racket said:

What an idiot, he could get death sentence for this. But most likely reduced to at least 20-YR jail. Heavy drugs and and a gun in Thailand? This guy is a certified toilet hole. 

Things will not go well for him but a death sentence is not on the cards. A category 1 drug which could get death but quantity seems small and not enough to be classified as dealing and get a death sentence. There are several firearms offences but maxium of 10 years for that and likely for a lot less for a first offence and to serve concurrently. But probably the drugs and firearms sentences will be ordered served consecutively though, as they are unrelated crimes.  Sweden can take him back after he has served a third, I think. 

2 minutes ago, bristolgeoff said:

The gun looks modified with some engraving,if it was left outside a go go bar then walk away leave it.Only get u in big trouble which you are now it

The engravings look quite similar to those found on Turkish Kuzey BB guns or starter's pistols currently available on Lazada but the bullets are real.  Indeed, if he found it, in a trash can, he should have definitly let it be and not put his finger prints on it.  However, I would guess that if he had made contact with a meth dealer, he had probably also made contact with a black market weapons dealer, perhaps the same scoundrel, who may have ripped him off by selling him a fake gun but real bullets. 

24 minutes ago, PJ71 said:

We're not talking about disfigurements, we're talking about your discrimination of people based on appearance.

When people see a skinhead or football shirts, the assumptions are already made.

Your argument is flawed.

There's nothing wrong with covering oneself with tattoos. I just got home from a wander down soi 6 to buy a coffee and say hi to a heavily tattooed girl. Fully half the girls and men in the street were extensively tattooed.

That doesn't mean they should be surprised when the police profile them. As is said, it's very unlikely that tattoos alone attracted their attention. The police sitting around soi 6 didn't bat an eyelid. Your argument that it was the tattoos is obviously flawed.

You were defending him? The premise of this thread, other than the OP, is that he was either profiled based on looks or the police were tipped off. Not many other explanations have been proposed. I think it's fair to suggest that you consider he was (unfairly) profiled based on the tatts. I argued that the tatts themselves might have formed part of the jigsaw but they alone were unlikely to have been the basis for apprehending him.

Here is Matthias' oscar winning performance at the Pattaya cop shop. at 03:10 the cop on his left announces there were 6 rounds found in the gun and one in the chamber which implies it was a modified Kuzey blank gun, if a round could really go into the chamber. Probably a smooth bore tube though. The Kuzey barrels look a lot different and have a bushing and only have a small hole through the bore to let gases escape.  The suspect says he wanted to know, if it could work which implies he knew it didn't look like a real gun. No mention of this by the cops though, even though they would certainly have spotted that. 

He also had some testosterone supplement capsules in his bag which, along with the yaa ice, might explain his bravado. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

You can see the Kuzey pistols demonstrated here.  They even have a gold plated one. The magazine he was caught with is obviously a Kuzey magazine and the .380 rounds must more or less fit in it. But it seems to be the 9 round model for the full size Government model Kuzey Colts and thus too long for the Defender model. 

This pistols are very realistic and I am surprised they can be legally imported and sold in Thailand openly on Lazada etc.  If not, illegal, they certainly should be, particularly if they can be easily modified to fire real bullets.  I would guess a modified one could kill someone at close range and could perhaps also serious harm to the shooter, as the barrel and slide not made of materails that can withstand the pressure of even a lower powered .380 cartridge, which is in fact and a shortened  9mm cartridge with a lighter projectile that takes less powder than a regular 9mm but is still utterly lethal.  

Edited by Dogmatix
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, PJ71 said:

Your argument is flawed.

Rubbish.

9 hours ago, monty1412 said:

wow ..... not a word of praise for the Pattaya police for doing their job and taking what obviously is a threat off the streets .... yes I admit they make the Keystone cops look like pro's most of the time but  occasionally they do step up to the mark . Nicely done Pattaya RTP.... now lets make sure this non quality  tourist gets processed and sent home with a never to come back mark against him......

Let him spend a few years in Thailand first.

In jail.

1 hour ago, Neeranam said:

So did I, but I never met them in that area in Pattaya. The ones there are hookers. 

I actually met my wife in Pattaya, she was down from upcountry with two of her friends, and it was on Beach Road.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Dogmatix said:

The looks fake, home made or maybe a conversion from an air pistol or something. I don't think Colt Defenders have ever been made in anything but .45 and 9mm calibers. The Colt Mustang is a .380 version, as was the Colt Pony.  The .380 cartridges are genuine local production though. The barrel looks like it is a mild steel tube with a weird brass knurling on the end, perhaps to prevent the slide from shooting off the gun, if there are no internals to prevent this. Doesn't seem to have a bushing. The magazine looks as if it is home made from sheet metal and is clearly too long for the grips, so it would stick out, presumably to hold more rounds.  Normally a small .380 pistol is intended for concealment and its magazines will only hold 5 or 7 rounds.

Perhaps the "Made in Turkey" on the slide should have been a give away to the cops. In fact it looks the Turkish BB gun or starter's pistol on sale here.  https://biggunbbshop.com/th/articles/180707-kuzey-911-colt-defender-9mm.p.a.k.

Similar Colts available on Lazada https://www.lazada.co.th/products/kuzey-m1911-colts-100-5-i2674594064.html?spm=a2o4m.store_product.list.1.177f42d7RdErrF

I expect the Swedish guy was ripped off and sold this thing which may or may not have been modified to take the .380 cartriges.  Perhaps the scamster found that real .380 bullets would actually fit in the magazine of a starter's type pistol.  The police said he had a loaded gun.  It would interesting to know what would happen, if it was fired.

321805509_485036487068482_8568361236442343568_n.jpg

You are right it looks fake.The frame even looks like it's made out of some sort of pot metal too under the flaking gold paint.It looks like a toy that's been modified to fire bullets or maybe just made so it looks like it can fire bullets.I  wouldn't like to try to fire it [if it could]

1 hour ago, IAMHERE said:

Unknown to us but I'd give 2 to 1 odds the seller dropped the dime on him.

Wouldn't be surprised, if it was one of the fuzz at the Pattaya cop shop. Sell him a starter's pistol that is $200 new and can't shoot but with real ammo to incriminate him and a bag of ice to go with it to make sure.  Force a round into the fake barrel and some more into the Kuzey blanks magazine to increase the rap to carrying a loaded pistol in public, although they didn't show this on the video.  He told them he didn't know, if it could fire or not, so he is not in a position to argue the gun was incapable of firing.  

• Thumbs Up 1

12 minutes ago, findlay13 said:

You are right it looks fake.The frame even looks like it's made out of some sort of pot metal too under the flaking gold paint.It looks like a toy that's been modified to fire bullets or maybe just made so it looks like it can fire bullets.I  wouldn't like to try to fire it [if it could]

Colt Defender series 90, looks like this BB gun. 9,500 Thai Baht

New Arrival! มาใหม่! Kuzey 911 (colt defender)

https://biggunbbshop.com/th/articles/161416-new-arrival!-มาใหม่!-kuzey-911-(colt-defender)

• Thumbs Up 1