I am being hacked

Peteblank

I am being hacked and I'm tired. I don't know what they want. I'm not rich and my files are not important. 

However I do spend a lot of time in the computer and this has been very frustrating.  I reformatted my drives multiple times and it keeps coming back. I even added browser extensions to disable javascript an antivirus etc... Is there a cyber security expert I can talk to?

I blocked one of my bank accounts so I should be safe on that regard, I don't think they've taken any money.

What does reformatting your hard drive have to do with your google account?

I think your google account was compromised in which case you should contact google, however, they just might disable your account and you will lose everything stored there, 

• Thanks 1

You really need to be very, very detailed for anyone to help you via Thai Visa, as Celsius alluded to.   

What OS are you using? 

Broke "ONE OF MY LAPTOPS" is meaningless.  They broke it physically ?  Obviously not by hacking unless they caused a S/W problem that overloaded the battery (never heard of that before).  Hackers wouldn't do that because they get nothing in return (e.g., ransomware).   

You have more than one computer.  You imply the virus or whatever is one each one.  What is your common link?  Your google account, as Celsius asked?

I could go on and on with questions.

• Like 2

this might be crappy advice. but here goes:

for the bank, change your online banking password. 

create a new gmail account. transfer important stuff from the old account. 

re-install the operating system.

the hacking is from the wifi in your apartment? did someone hack into your wifi? i would contact the internet provider.

46 minutes ago, Peteblank said:

They broke one of my laptops and in my google account said people from bangkok and rayong logged in to my google account.

There is an entire industry on the dark web where account passwords are marketed. I have had a number of accounts fall into this market. In each case, changing the password on my Google (or other) account fixed the problem. Until it was "hacked" again. It is not entirely clear to me how this hack occurs. There is no way there is a keyboard sniffer on my computer, so I suspect brute force bots are pounding away until they meet with success.

54 minutes ago, Peteblank said:

They broke one of my laptops and in my google account said people from bangkok and rayong logged in to my google account.

When you normally log into your google account, where does it say you are logging in from?

Edited by JimmyJ
  • Like 1

41 minutes ago, Peteblank said:

Okay I will contact the internet provider

Nothing to do with them. The best solution has been explained to you. Change all your passwords and use 2FA authentication wherever possible. Do not use easy to hack passwords. Look up "strong password".

Edited by ozimoron
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Peteblank said:

in my google account said people from bangkok and rayong logged in to my google account.

That could be that you got an ip address (from your ISP) which was last used in those cities, and to be honest they are not that accurate in determining your location, for example they now say I am in BKK,  but I am 400kms more to the North East ????

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Peteblank said:

said people from bangkok and rayong logged in to my google account.

I don't use google but apple is always saying theres a new login from "xxxxx" and its really me in the end, its just a screw up in the comms system of that says there is a new login from xxxxx, to do with the internet international access points in Thailand I presume.

A post in which the quoted content had been altered out of context and the replies have been removed:

28. You will not make changes to messages quoted from other members posts, except for purposes of shortening the quoted post. Do not shorten any post in a way that alters the context of the original post. Do not change the formatting of the post you are quoting.

A post using a trolling image has been removed.

3 hours ago, KhunHeineken said:

Like others members say, I'm not so sure you have been hacked, but you might try downloading a free antivirus program, like AVG or Avast, and then run one of their deep scans?  See what comes up.

Good idea – – and you might also want to try one called Atomic Cleaner 3 as that does a pretty decent job of seeking out bugs etc.

• 11 months later...
On 12/26/2022 at 7:49 AM, cnx1204 said:

You really need to be very, very detailed for anyone to help you via Thai Visa, as Celsius alluded to.   

What OS are you using? 

Broke "ONE OF MY LAPTOPS" is meaningless.  They broke it physically ?  Obviously not by hacking unless they caused a S/W problem that overloaded the battery (never heard of that before).  Hackers wouldn't do that because they get nothing in return (e.g., ransomware).   

You have more than one computer.  You imply the virus or whatever is one each one.  What is your common link?  Your google account, as Celsius asked?

Next time, to avoid being hacked, use technology rdp 2fa. This is two-factor authentication for Remote Desktop (RDP). It adds an additional layer of security to RDP by requiring the user to enter a second authentication factor, such as a code from an authentication application or an SMS message, after entering a regular password. This will help protect your computer.

I could go on and on with questions.

I agree with cnx1204. In order for someone to help you, you need to describe the problem in more detail.

What operating system do you use on all your computers?

What does the phrase “BROKE ONE OF MY LAPTOPES” mean? Do you mean that the laptop was physically damaged? If so, how did the hackers manage to do this? Hackers usually don't want to damage physical hardware because it could lead to law enforcement intervention.

If you don't mean that the laptop was physically damaged, then what do you mean by "broken"? Have hackers installed malware on your laptop causing it to malfunction? If so, what kind of malware is it?

You say that you have more than one computer and the problem occurs on all of them. What is the general connection between your computers? Are you using the same antivirus software on everyone? Are you using the same Google account on all of them? Are you using the same Wi-Fi network on all of them?

It is also important to try to remember when the problem started to occur. Did you install any new software or change any settings on your computers around the time the problems started?

The more information you provide, the better we can help you resolve the problem.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Entwere said:

I agree with cnx1204. In order for someone to help you, you need to describe the problem in more detail.

What operating system do you use on all your computers?

What does the phrase “BROKE ONE OF MY LAPTOPES” mean? Do you mean that the laptop was physically damaged? If so, how did the hackers manage to do this? Hackers usually don't want to damage physical hardware because it could lead to law enforcement intervention.

If you don't mean that the laptop was physically damaged, then what do you mean by "broken"? Have hackers installed malware on your laptop causing it to malfunction? If so, what kind of malware is it?

You say that you have more than one computer and the problem occurs on all of them. What is the general connection between your computers? Are you using the same antivirus software on everyone? Are you using the same Google account on all of them? Are you using the same Wi-Fi network on all of them?

It is also important to try to remember when the problem started to occur. Did you install any new software or change any settings on your computers around the time the problems started?

The more information you provide, the better we can help you resolve the problem.

Eleven months later??