British food products

Siam_Sam

3 hours ago, IvorBiggun2 said:

All depends on turn-outs. It's kinda hit and miss. One week there could be just five. Next week there could be 20+. No specific reason for the difference. People just turn up as and when they need goodies. You can take your missus being as the wives sit and do their own thing also.

Sunday%20Afternoon%203.jpgSunday%20Afternoon%201.jpgRegular customers include expats from England, Ireland, Scotland, Wales, USA, Canada, Australia, Germany, Scandinavia, Turkey, Holland, Belgium

This is why I love the solitude of living up in the sticks!

Each to their own.

These type of gatherings are not for me.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, IvorBiggun2 said:

All depends on turn-outs. It's kinda hit and miss. One week there could be just five. Next week there could be 20+. No specific reason for the difference. People just turn up as and when they need goodies. You can take your missus being as the wives sit and do their own thing also.

Sunday%20Afternoon%203.jpgSunday%20Afternoon%201.jpgRegular customers include expats from England, Ireland, Scotland, Wales, USA, Canada, Australia, Germany, Scandinavia, Turkey, Holland, Belgium

duplicate post

Edited by Scouse123

On 12/27/2022 at 11:30 PM, Siam_Sam said:

Coleman's mustard

Branston Pickle

Lea and Perrins Worcestershire sauce

Big C have Coleman's mustard and Branston Pickle. (Chiang Rai, but I presume nationwide)

Tops often have Lea and Perrin's.

IMG20221230095625.thumb.jpg.297dd989e1eda23cb6269d7c0a0d39af.jpg

This stuff, a local version is in Tops. 1/2 the price for a much bigger bottle.

5 hours ago, IvorBiggun2 said:

Doesn't compare to Lea & Perrins. Sorry.

The OP asked a question, part of which was specific to getting a supply of Worcester Sauce. I suggested a possible solution.

If it compares to Lea & Perrin's, well that is really up to the OP if he reacts to my suggestion.

But thank you for reminding me why I don't usually bother to answer these sort of questions!

18 hours ago, herfiehandbag said:

The OP asked a question, part of which was specific to getting a supply of Worcester Sauce. I suggested a possible solution.

If it compares to Lea & Perrin's, well that is really up to the OP if he reacts to my suggestion.

But thank you for reminding me why I don't usually bother to answer these sort of questions!

You are quite right, but one glance at IvorBiggun2's avatar should alert one to the  kind of answer you are likely to get from this person.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 12/28/2022 at 12:19 AM, worgeordie said:

Variety foods on Lazada have lots UK foods , spent 600 Baht free delivery ,,,

regards worgeordie

I tried to take advantage of this but there is not much of a choice, they are taking it back in other ways ie about 50% added to a can of Princes corn beef. Scandalous.

On 12/28/2022 at 9:53 PM, josephbloggs said:

Is it really so hard to click "register" and see what is involved?  You need to enter your name and email and they send a link to your mail to set up a password. It's literally the least strenuous things ever. 

Used them several times, their products are good, their prices are good, and for where I live in Bangkok there's a flat 300 baht delivery which is not great for a 250 baht block of cheese, but fine if you are ordering a bit more.  I normally do a 3-4,000 baht order at a time so the 300 baht delivery is nothing.

Amazed that someone has to ask someone else to explain the registering process rather than just clicking on "register" themselves....

I tried all that to try and register into Shopee and found it impossible, so I gave up, and it is not down to me as I have had no problems registering into Lazada, Expat Foods or anywhere else.

• Thanks 1

On 12/29/2022 at 11:16 AM, Scouse123 said:

That's exactly why I have had to cancel using them because the delivery charges wipe out the good choice and savings.

For delivery I was paying 500/600 baht.

Either they are making a lot on delivery charges or they should look at cheaper options for nationwide.

I also had to cancel an order because of the high delivery charges.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, NoshowJones said:

I tried to take advantage of this but there is not much of a choice, they are taking it back in other ways ie about 50% added to a can of Princes corn beef. Scandalous.

50% add on Princess corned beef compared to who ? , the price has gone up

at all sellers , Check out Highway Corned Beef on Shoppe about 200 Baht but

you have to pay delivery , but its just as good as Princess ,  

regards worgeordie

2 minutes ago, worgeordie said:

50% add on Princess corned beef compared to who ? , the price has gone up

at all sellers , Check out Highway Corned Beef on Shoppe about 200 Baht but

you have to pay delivery , but its just as good as Princess ,  

regards worgeordie

Yes you are dead right, any other brand is round about the 200Bt, especially on Lazada, that is what I have been buying.

Regards. NoshowJones.

On 12/30/2022 at 9:39 AM, Scouse123 said:

Each to their own.

I really miss these gatherings, used to have them regularly when I first came to Thailand about 16 years ago, but everyone has either died or moved back home or elsewhere, now I am the only Farang for miles around.

1 hour ago, blazes said:

You are quite right, but one glance at IvorBiggun2's avatar should alert one to the  kind of answer you are likely to get from this person.

It could have been worse, there used to be a regular poster with an avatar of an ugly shirtless guy with a very hairy chest.

I used to bypass his posts very quickly.

• Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, NoshowJones said:

I tried all that to try and register into Shopee and found it impossible, so I gave up, and it is not down to me as I have had no problems registering into Lazada, Expat Foods or anywhere else.

Shopee's site is jolly secure - impenetrable in fact.

When I try to register on the app, using a phone with a Thai (DTAC) sim card, it tells me that the service is not available in your country!

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, herfiehandbag said:

Shopee's site is jolly secure - impenetrable in fact.

When I try to register on the app, using a phone with a Thai (DTAC) sim card, it tells me that the service is not available in your country!

So it is not available in Thailand then.

36 minutes ago, herfiehandbag said:

Yes, I try to sign up, using a Thai phone, in Thailand. Not available in your country.

If you are using an iPhone you need your Apple ID country/region set to Thailand

Edited by ozfarang

From Villa yesterday.

14 Richmond imported pork sausages, 800 grams, 189 baht. Local made western butcher 8 pork sausages 500 grams 263 baht.

4 Greggs sausage rolls 479 grams 179 baht. One sausage roll from local western butcher 150 grams 90 baht.

4 Imported chicken pies 568 grams 179 baht. 1 local chicken pie 240 grams 125 baht.

• Love It 1

1 hour ago, stratocaster said:

From Villa yesterday.

14 Richmond imported pork sausages, 800 grams, 189 baht. Local made western butcher 8 pork sausages 500 grams 263 baht.

4 Greggs sausage rolls 479 grams 179 baht. One sausage roll from local western butcher 150 grams 90 baht.

4 Imported chicken pies 568 grams 179 baht. 1 local chicken pie 240 grams 125 baht.

Quite frankly, it's not the discrepancy in prices that alarms me, but the kind of diet some of our expat friends are existing on....

• Haha 1

On 12/30/2022 at 9:39 AM, Scouse123 said:

Each to their own.

Feel sorry for the guy on the far left, can't afford a shirt, not even a wife beater.

• Haha 1