British food products

Siam_Sam

On 12/30/2022 at 6:28 AM, IvorBiggun2 said:

All depends on turn-outs. It's kinda hit and miss. One week there could be just five. Next week there could be 20+. No specific reason for the difference. People just turn up as and when they need goodies. You can take your missus being as the wives sit and do their own thing also.

Sunday%20Afternoon%203.jpgSunday%20Afternoon%201.jpgRegular customers include expats from England, Ireland, Scotland, Wales, USA, Canada, Australia, Germany, Scandinavia, Turkey, Holland, Belgium

I wonder what the wives gossip about in this kind of get-together?   Maybe  "loss of face" possibilities keep the conversation on the positive side.....

• Haha 1

On 12/27/2022 at 11:50 PM, Siam_Sam said:
On 12/27/2022 at 11:37 PM, proton said:

Tops sell Branston pickle

I've been in several Tops supermarkets and haven't seen it being sold in any of them? 

Order online from Tops, they've got original and smooth, B160.   There are a number of items that the shops don't necessarily stock that are available from their distribution points.

Edited by Liverpool Lou

46 minutes ago, roo860 said:

Feel sorry for the guy on the far left, can't afford a shirt, not even a wife beater.

His name is Paul and he's the local guy to get you what you want food wise. His lack of shirt is a normal thing that doesn't bother anyone that frequents his facility. For want of a better word.

• Love It 1

44 minutes ago, blazes said:

I wonder what the wives gossip about in this kind of get-together?   Maybe  "loss of face"

If it's anything like my wife and her friends they'll be talking dirty. My wife does not go to women's get together.

• Haha 1

On 12/28/2022 at 12:45 PM, phetphet said:

The only reason I think the OP can't find his desired foods...

...is because he doesn't bother to check the suppliers and supermarkets online that everyone is familiar with!   All his items are easily found in a minute or so of checking.

On 12/28/2022 at 9:43 PM, blazes said:

Ta, squire.  But I'm only here for another six weeks.  Is there much fol-de-rol involved in "registering"?

None, at all.  Provide your name, phone number and address, order and pay.  That's it.

Edited by Liverpool Lou
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 12/31/2022 at 6:08 PM, NoshowJones said:
On 12/31/2022 at 3:57 PM, herfiehandbag said:

Shopee's site is jolly secure - impenetrable in fact.

When I try to register on the app, using a phone with a Thai (DTAC) sim card, it tells me that the service is not available in your country!

Expand  

So it is not available in Thailand then.

Shopee, obviously, is accessible in Thailand using a Thai SIM.

Edited by Liverpool Lou

5 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Shopee, obviously, is accessible in Thailand using a Thai SIM.

Thanks, but if I cannot register the same way I do with Lazada and other online sites, I will just give it a miss.

11 minutes ago, NoshowJones said:

Thanks, but if I cannot register the same way I do with Lazada and other online sites, I will just give it a miss.

If you call them, they have English speakers who will talk you through the simple process with you on the line.

02 017 8399

Edited by Liverpool Lou

5 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

If you call them, they have English speakers who will talk you through the simple process with you on the line.

02 017 8399

Thanks Lou, But I'll just give it a miss. I prefer doing things online than by using the phone.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 12/27/2022 at 11:50 PM, Siam_Sam said:

I'm in Bangkok. 

I've been in several Tops supermarkets and haven't seen it being sold in any of them? 

What are the names of the 12 other places that sell these products? 

Was just in a Macro in Bangkok, they have L&P. Much cheaper than Villa too.

1 hour ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Maybe my Shopee order of tins of corned beef today was a figment of my imagination, then?     Odd, though. because there's a payment from my bank for that exact order. 

Frankly I couldn't really care less about your order for corned beef from Shopee - other than perhaps to pun "bully" for you!

My point is that the registration process for the Shopee app seems (and this is reflected in other's experience it seems) to be somewhat hit and miss. My attempts to download the app and register, using an Android phone with a Thai (DTAC) sim card results, at least for me, in being told that "the item is not available in your country" - and I went to the trouble of posting a screenshot of just that message.

Personally I suspect that their IT system is somewhat ramshackle; so I won't bother to persue it any more. I don't buy food through online shopping anyway, and for what online shopping I do, I can manage quite happily with Lazada.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, herfiehandbag said:

Frankly I couldn't really care less about your order for corned beef from Shopee - other than perhaps to pun "bully" for you!

My point is that the registration process for the Shopee app seems (and this is reflected in other's experience it seems) to be somewhat hit and miss. My attempts to download the app and register, using an Android phone with a Thai (DTAC) sim card results, at least for me, in being told that "the item is not available in your country" - and I went to the trouble of posting a screenshot of just that message.

Personally I suspect that their IT system is somewhat ramshackle; so I won't bother to persue it any more. I don't buy food through online shopping anyway, and for what online shopping I do, I can manage quite happily with Lazada.

the answer is a few posts back