British food products

Siam_Sam

I think that the expat brands available at Big C are dependent on the farang demographic in that area and whether it is a Big C superstore. I live across the road from Big C Saphan Kwai and have shopped there for 5 years but I prefer the variety at Big C Ladprao. I am sure that the expat content in Thonglor or Ekkamai would be greater than our store and also more in demand. I prefer getting my expat items from Tops or Gourmet Market as I find the Big C stock is often "stale" or nearly out of date.

14 hours ago, worgeordie said:

Variety foods on Lazada have lots UK foods , spent 600 Baht free delivery ,,,

regards worgeordie

I use Food Variety , as for the " spend 600 baht free delivery " that is only in certain areas , as I have just found out , after putting in an order for 1,200 baht.

• Thumbs Up 1

55 minutes ago, NE1 said:

I use Food Variety , as for the " spend 600 baht free delivery " that is only in certain areas , as I have just found out , after putting in an order for 1,200 baht.

Free delivery to Chiang Mai ... where are you ? on an island or out in the jungle , plus was

that Food variety on Lazada or Shopee , as on Shopee they charge delivery on Lazada

600 thb Free delivery 

Regards Worgeordie

• Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, worgeordie said:

Free delivery to Chiang Mai ... where are you ? on an island or out in the jungle , plus was

that Food variety on Lazada or Shopee , as on Shopee they charge delivery on Lazada

600 thb Free delivery 

Regards Worgeordie

Food Variety on Lazada. Based in Bangkok according to their product listing. 

and I am a lot closer to Bangkok than Chiang Mai is.

Edited by NE1

5 hours ago, hotandsticky said:

+ laziness.

He doesn't seem to have done much leg work to explore the options. A simple Google search would have yielded scores of results.

You never gave me the names of the 12 other places that sell the products I'm after? 

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, blazes said:

anyone come across Cheshire cheese or Wensleydale?  I'm in HH.

Google is your friend. 

https://expatfoodsthailand.com/shop/chilled-products/cheese-dairy-products/wensleydale/

https://expatfoodsthailand.com/shop/chilled-products/cheese-dairy-products/joseph-heler-white-cheshire-cheese-250g-approx-weight/

Edited by IvorBiggun2

If you buy UK foods in Topps you pay a high price for it as most of its UK foods are supplied by the UK upmarket Supermarket Waitrose. For which you will find a Waitrose label on some of the UK foods. Rimping I find tend to stock a bigger variety of UK food cheaper. Wholesaler Makro can be worth a visit for some things.

2 hours ago, IvorBiggun2 said:

Ta, squire.  But I'm only here for another six weeks.  Is there much fol-de-rol involved in "registering"?

9 minutes ago, blazes said:

Ta, squire.  But I'm only here for another six weeks.  Is there much fol-de-rol involved in "registering"?

Is it really so hard to click "register" and see what is involved?  You need to enter your name and email and they send a link to your mail to set up a password. It's literally the least strenuous things ever. 

Used them several times, their products are good, their prices are good, and for where I live in Bangkok there's a flat 300 baht delivery which is not great for a 250 baht block of cheese, but fine if you are ordering a bit more.  I normally do a 3-4,000 baht order at a time so the 300 baht delivery is nothing.

Amazed that someone has to ask someone else to explain the registering process rather than just clicking on "register" themselves....

Edited by josephbloggs
  • Like 2

15 minutes ago, josephbloggs said:

Is it really so hard to click "register" and see what is involved?  You need to enter your name and email and they send a link to your mail to set up a password. It's literally the least strenuous things ever. 

Used them several times, their products are good, their prices are good, and for where I live in Bangkok there's a flat 300 baht delivery which is not great for a 250 baht block of cheese, but fine if you are ordering a bit more.  I normally do a 3-4,000 baht order at a time so the 300 baht delivery is nothing.

Amazed that someone has to ask someone else to explain the registering process rather than just clicking on "register" themselves....

And it often takes more time and effort to write and post a post asking about how to do it , rather than just actually doing it 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, blazes said:

Na you just turn up at his abode on a Sunday and get whatever you want. He takes phone calls other times. I really can't understand why you are the only person to ask about this person/place. The guy is a blessing for those wanting farang foods.

• Thumbs Up 1

8 hours ago, josephbloggs said:

You need to enter your name and email and they send a link to your mail to set up a password. It's literally the least strenuous things ever. 

I dunno about about any emails etc. I live nearby to the guy that sells the stuff and I go in person and have a beer with him on a Sunday. He's cheaper than Tops, Makro etc.

On 12/28/2022 at 7:16 AM, mrfill said:

So that's Colmans mustard (owned by the Dutch company Unilever), Branston Pickle (owned by Japanese company Miskan) and Lea & Perrins Worcestershire sauce (owned by the US company Kraft Heinz).

Truly great British brands eh?

On 12/28/2022 at 8:11 AM, Muhendis said:

Good point.

This just goes to show how successful these original British products are. 

I don't think ownership of the companies reflects on the quality of the product in this case.

I dont think its about country of origin (unless the guy is a nationalistic ......)  I think its more a matter of taste that he likes. He just remembers them from when he lived in the UK.

We all got things we like.

• Like 1

On 12/28/2022 at 7:01 AM, Bigz said:

try https://expatfoodsthailand.com/

They do nationwide delivery for siamburi's . Delivery a bit pricey but they got everything.

That's exactly why I have had to cancel using them because the delivery charges wipe out the good choice and savings.

For delivery I was paying 500/600 baht.

Either they are making a lot on delivery charges or they should look at cheaper options for nationwide.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Scouse123 said:

For delivery I was paying 500/600 baht.

And what was the value of the produce? In Thailand location is everything. Fortunately I don't pay delivery charges due to living near the seller and collecting it myself. But I would accept delivery charges if different. You have a choice. The seller has overheads as well.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, IvorBiggun2 said:

And what was the value of the produce? In Thailand location is everything. Fortunately I don't pay delivery charges due to living near the seller and collecting it myself. But I would accept delivery charges if different. You have a choice. The seller has overheads as well.

I sent a medium sized box to Pattaya by courier full of CDs, rhe cost by private courier was 30 baht.

I recently sent to Pattaya, guardrails (×5) which were heavy and a separate box with connecting ropes, total cost was 400 baht and far more weight than any deliveries I have received.

I have no problem with people running a business and appreciate overheads and the products are good, but rhe great experience is taken away with expensive delivery costs.

We expect with imports and taxes to pay 30-35% more, but alternate delivery services could be looked at.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Scouse123 said:

I sent a medium sized box to Pattaya by courier full of CDs, rhe cost by private courier was 30 baht.

I recently sent to Pattaya, guardrails (×5) which were heavy and a separate box with connecting ropes, total cost was 400 baht and far more weight than any deliveries I have received.

I have no problem with people running a business and appreciate overheads and the products are good, but rhe great experience is taken away with expensive delivery costs.

We expect with imports and taxes to pay 30-35% more, but alternate delivery services could be looked at.

Where exactly are the "expensive delivery costs" in your narrative above??

You consider 400 baht "expensive" for the weight you describe as being delivered??

What would be an INexpensive cost?

14 hours ago, IvorBiggun2 said:

I dunno about about any emails etc. I live nearby to the guy that sells the stuff and I go in person and have a beer with him on a Sunday. He's cheaper than Tops, Makro etc.

What sort of turnout is there?

Do the same people go every week?

What nationalities are the attendees? Mostly Brits?

8 hours ago, MisterPooFarty said:

What sort of turnout is there?

Do the same people go every week?

What nationalities are the attendees? Mostly Brits?

All depends on turn-outs. It's kinda hit and miss. One week there could be just five. Next week there could be 20+. No specific reason for the difference. People just turn up as and when they need goodies. You can take your missus being as the wives sit and do their own thing also.

Sunday%20Afternoon%203.jpgSunday%20Afternoon%201.jpgRegular customers include expats from England, Ireland, Scotland, Wales, USA, Canada, Australia, Germany, Scandinavia, Turkey, Holland, Belgium

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, blazes said:

Where exactly are the "expensive delivery costs" in your narrative above??

You consider 400 baht "expensive" for the weight you describe as being delivered??

What would be an INexpensive cost?

You've missed the comparison point I was making completely.

Forget it. I gave an example with the above posts I sent. I did NOT consider the 400 baht delivery charge expensive as the posts were over six kilos combined. They were far cheaper and heavier weight than my food deliveries were. That is what I couldn't understand.

Anyway, its a customer choice, if we feel it doesn't work for us and we have tried it then we can shop elsewhere.

I was stating an opinion that it didn't work for me and that's it.

It was mainly meats and cheeses I was buying anyway, which I am able to get similar, but not like for like, options at Makro in Isaarn.

You may very well reside in Pattaya or Bangkok and be able to avoid 14/15 GBP delivery charges. All good for you.