Foreign man seriously injured after falling from Phuket Airport departure platform

webfact

image.jpeg

By Goongnang Suksawat

Phuket – A foreign man has sustained severe injuries after he fell from a third floor at the Phuket International Airport.

The Phuket International Airport has issued a press release at 4:00 P.M. this afternoon regarding the incident (December 28th).

They stated a male foreign passenger ‘jumped’ from the third floor at the departure platform of the International Terminal.

Full story: https://thephuketexpress.com/2022/12/28/foreign-man-seriously-injured-after-falling-from-phuket-airport-departure-platform/

The-Phuket-Express-Logo-Small-300x121.png
-- © Copyright The Phuket Express 2022-12-29

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Monthly car subscription with first-class insurance, 24x7 assistance and more in one price - click here to find out more!

• Thumbs Up 1

UPDATE: American man who fell from Phuket Airport later pronounced dead
By Goongnang Suksawat

image.jpeg

Phuket – An American man who sustained severe injuries after he fell from a third floor at the Phuket International Airport has been pronounced dead.

The Phuket Tourist Police told the Phuket Express that the foreign man was later identified as a 35-year-old American national. (The Phuket Express is withholding his name pending embassy and family notification).

He was later pronounced dead at a hospital.

Full story: https://thephuketexpress.com/2022/12/28/update-american-man-who-fell-from-phuket-airport-later-pronounced-dead/

The-Phuket-Express-Logo-Small-300x121.png
-- © Copyright The Phuket Express 2022-12-29

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Monthly car subscription with first-class insurance, 24x7 assistance and more in one price - click here to find out more!

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

They stated a male foreign passenger ‘jumped’ from the third floor at the departure platform of the International Terminal.

sad.   I don't even know how I could jump to my death in an American International Terminal, so maybe they need more safety precautions here.    Very young to do this....

• Thanks 1

R I P man hope you can find what you were looking for in the after life

as for the misleading post, what is it Jumped or Fell

Phuket – A foreign man has sustained severe injuries after he fell from a third floor at the Phuket International Airport.

American man who jumped from third floor of Phuket Airport dies in hospital

Screenshot-2.jpg

Nation TV

Police in Phuket have confirmed that an American man, who is understood to have jumped from the smoking are on the third floor at Phuket Airport’s international terminal, has died from his injuries. According to a Phuket Express report, the man jumped from the third floor at the back of the Departures area yesterday afternoon, just after 3pm.

He was taken to a nearby hospital with severe injuries.

The man is now understood to have succumbed to his injuries around 4pm when doctors confirmed they were not able to revive him. It’s understood he was 35 years old and an American national, but his identity has not been revealed until next-of-kin have been informed.

Police are currently referring to the man as “mr. Jason”.

The man flew into Bangkok on December 13 and arrived in Phuket on December 17, when he checked into a hotel near the airport on Nai Yang beach. There are unconfirmed reports by some Thai media outlets that he had run out of funds and was waiting for family members to send him money. The US Embassy in Bangkok was also contacted in the days before his death with tourist police trying to help him get hold of funds.

Sakoo Police are continuing their investigation.

Source: https://phuket-go.com/phuket-news/phuket-news/american-man-who-jumped-from-third-floor-of-phuket-airport-dies-in-hospital/

Phuket Go

-- © Copyright Phuket GO 2022-12-29

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Monthly car subscription with first-class insurance, 24x7 assistance and more in one price - click here to find out more!

Very sad.  He came here for what seems like was a holiday, to be happy and enjoy life and ends up committing suicide. Really sad. Why he came here and didn't have enough funds and pre-planning?  Who knows.  Mental illness, financial desperation.  RIP 

"Jason (family name witheld) jumped from the smoking area after he decided not to wait for a loan from the US Embassy, which would take a week to be approved, to enable him to buy a return ticket home. He told Thai tourism officials at the airport he will ask for money from his sister instead but end up committing suicide. Jason earlier told Airport staff he suffers from depression and was given medicine, food and drinks."

https://www.facebook.com/KhaosodEnglish/posts/pfbid02a4arCrmoJ9CoinRBENCdYxQKGKf5NK8LvsGfJNZkLWdpgdaP8x16W5Ev1GeXCqyvl

Edited by internationalism

2 hours ago, South said:

An Irish guy did the same at Swampy a few years ago

Sadly, this happens regularly.

Thailand, the most beautiful country in the world, with beautiful people.

Feel sorry for these guys, having to go back to their high priced, awful countries with awful people.

Edited by Cricky

19 hours ago, nausea said:

Wouldn't choose this myself, as a method of suicide. Though  I suppose it is pretty final, if you're serious, as opposed to slashing the wrists or drug overdoses, which are more a call for help.

On the way down I'm sure he was thinking.... "that was a bad idea".

RIP fella...nothing worse than feeling desperate and thinking  that there isn't a way out.

A friend of mine committed suicide and I still wish I could have done whatever it was that would have prevented it. Such a waste of life when generally these people do have friends and family that love them but they can't see it when the black dog has got its grip on them.

• Like 1

On 12/30/2022 at 4:03 AM, Cricky said:

Thailand, the most beautiful country in the world, with beautiful people

Really? You need to get around the World a bit more. There are many other beautiful countries & people, too many to list.

But here am I , living and loving it here.