What Movies or TV shows are you watching (2023)

CharlieH

On 6/4/2023 at 11:34 AM, IvorBiggun2 said:

Thanks to you I managed to watch the Rolf Harris doco via my Nord VPN and found it interesting, though not riveting (don't ask me why).

It appears the main accuser was his daughter's best friend, and although there were other accusations of groping and the like, that was the most serious.

It was suggested that he was a paedophile, but he had a liking for females in general, and also for groping them one way and another – – a creepy man, a pervert and a paedophile and I just can't understand how someone like that can get away with it for so long, especially when there were rumours circulating in the entertainment industry about his unsavoury behaviours.

• Thumbs Up 2

Baltimore. New Year's Eve. A talented but troubled police officer is recruited by the FBI's chief investigator to help profile and track down a disturbed individual terrorizing the city.

Ben Mendelsohn is always worth a watch.

• Like 1

On 6/7/2023 at 8:50 AM, gargamon said:

New HBO series has started to drop.

https://thetvdb.com/series/burden-of-proof-2023

Burden of Proof

When 15-year-old Jennifer Pandos went missing in 1987, her parents told everyone she ran away. Decades later, her brother Stephen begins a relentless odyssey in search of the truth. His investigation into the case threatens to destroy his family as he becomes strongly convinced that his parents are both implicated in the crime. As time passes, more threads unravel and new evidence comes to light, Stephen starts to question everything he has come to believe.

Suffered through 4 tedious episodes that could easily have been condensed to one, only to find that no one knew anymore about what happened to his sister at the end than at the beginning. Total waste of time.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, giddyup said:

Suffered through 4 tedious episodes that could easily have been condensed to one, only to find that no one knew anymore about what happened to his sister at the end than at the beginning. Total waste of time.

Thanks for the heads up on that, I shall now remove this from my Que of shows to watch ????

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Rimmer said:

Thanks for the heads up on that, I shall now remove this from my Que of shows to watch ????

Another one that's also a waste of time is "The Essex Murders". Same question, never answered.

48 minutes ago, giddyup said:

Thanks. Better you wasted the 4 hours than me. ????Maybe this is the new way they are presenting cases where the actual perpetrators are not known. Simply show the current available info and leave it up to the viewers to maybe provide more evidence. 

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, giddyup said:

I read the reviews and when I realised they hadn't resolved it, I didn't bother.

There's been a few shows like that lately.

A waste of time IMO.

• Thumbs Up 1

Dug an old movie up from 1970, starring Patrick McGoohan, Alan Alda and Richard Widmark, called "The Moonshine War" and it was pretty good. Always liked Patrick McGoohan and wasn't disappointed.

• Like 1

On 6/7/2023 at 12:06 PM, xylophone said:

Thanks to you I managed to watch the Rolf Harris doco via my Nord VPN and found it interesting, though not riveting (don't ask me why).

It appears the main accuser was his daughter's best friend, and although there were other accusations of groping and the like, that was the most serious.

It was suggested that he was a paedophile, but he had a liking for females in general, and also for groping them one way and another – – a creepy man, a pervert and a paedophile and I just can't understand how someone like that can get away with it for so long, especially when there were rumours circulating in the entertainment industry about his unsavoury behaviours.

I found another documentary, channel 4 - The Accused : National treasures on Trial. I wasn’t too aware of these accusations on Neil Fox and Paul Gambocinni at the time. I vaguely remember Cliff Richard being accused, but knew nothing of the outcome. Maybe worth checking, filmed during the trials but not released until August ‘22

https://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-radio/2022/aug/24/the-accused-national-treasures-on-trial-review-cliff-richard-operation-yewtree

• Thanks 1

Series 2 of New York Homicide is dropping.

The new series, from Good Caper Content, details the brazen crimes that could only happen in New York and the intense work by law enforcement and civilians who race to take murderers off the streets.

• Like 1

I've watched the first 3 episodes of Alumim (Unknowns) Season 1. It's a crime drama which follows a group of boys from the margins of Israeli society who become the main suspects of a girl's rape and their lives are thrown into upheaval. Pretty good so far IMHO and worth a look. It was already recommended on this forum by @Will27. I got it from 1337x.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt15629318/

• Like 2