What Movies or TV shows are you watching (2023)

CharlieH

5 hours ago, oxo1947 said:
The Woman in the Wall                                 2023 ‧ Psychological thriller--- BBC 6 episodes

This was due to be released in November this year, I think the on going USA strike is starting to have an affect--so expect many re-runs foreign programs  early releases etc.

It's set in Ireland in 2015  and centers around the earlier Magdalene Nurseries scandal. Where 1,000s of women had been incarcerated for having sex outside marriage.

Daily Mail Blurb

The Woman In The Wall's opening episode branded 'utterly superb' by viewers while the spooky thriller leaves others 'unable to sleep' BBC's new gothic thriller The Woman In The Wall saw its opening episode branded 'utterly superb' by viewers on Sunday.The six-part series examines the legacy of one of Ireland's most shocking scandals, the inhumane institutions known as the Magdalene Laundries. In the opening episode Lorna Brady (Ruth Wilson) wakes one morning to find a corpse in her house. Chillingly, she had no idea who the dead woman is or if she herself might be responsible for the apparent murder.

Thanks @oxo1947. Will download when all episodes are available, or watch on iPlayer.

8 hours ago, recom273 said:

Currently watching New Bandits a Brazilian show on Amazon prime, not bad.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt27208330/ ? Better than the wire? I don’t think so. 

@Mutt Daeng Did you know there are subs available for all the seasons of mocro mafia? - you need to be a bit easy going, sometimes things get a bit messy when the guys are talking Turkish / Arabic and the hard subs are in Dutch, but the latest season is pretty good

@recom273 Thanks for the info re: MM subs. I wasn't aware of that. I've only watched seasons 1 & 2 so far. New Bandits looks promising.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, recom273 said:

Currently watching New Bandits a Brazilian show on Amazon prime, not bad.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt27208330/ ? Better than the wire? I don’t think so. 

@Mutt Daeng Did you know there are subs available for all the seasons of mocro mafia? - you need to be a bit easy going, sometimes things get a bit messy when the guys are talking Turkish / Arabic and the hard subs are in Dutch, but the latest season is pretty good

Looks good.

Early days on IMDB for reviews.

You usually get a better indication after about a week IMO.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Will27 said:

Looks good.

Early days on IMDB for reviews.

You usually get a better indication after about a week IMO.

I’m about half way through, and thought it was ok.

I thought I would give some reference or trailer and found those reviews, comparing it to the wire and breaking bad .. lol ? Not really accurate. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, giddyup said:

Mobland with John Travolta and Stephen Dorff. I thought this was pretty good for a low budget crime thriller. Starts a bit slow but improves. Available TG and elsewhere.

I think you mean Mob Land - I was thinking it was a persons name.

Thanks for the suggestion tho!

Edited by recom273

The Following Events Are Based on a Pack of Lies ----BBC 7 episodes

I haven't seen it--- IMDB is giving it 7.2 Its a con man Drama -- cheated women ($$$)  seeking revenge.

IMDB Blurb----Two very different women, Alice a formidable PA and Cheryl a best-selling fantasy author, become trapped in a triangle of epic proportions with Rob an eccentric and celebrated ecopreneur who may or may not be trying to destroy them both.

Edited by oxo1947

On 8/30/2023 at 9:30 PM, delgarcon said:

I don't know about the rest of you, but I love a series that is binge worthy and LOST is just that. Gone are the days when you couldn't go out on Monday or Tuesday because your favourite show was on the box, Now, you can catch up when you like.

Some of you will have seen LOST as it finished in 2010, but if like me it went under your radar, do yourself a favour and give it a try. You will know almost immediately whether or not it's for you. Me, I've already watched more than half of the 121 episodes and I'm really enjoying the series.

Thanks, I will do just that!!!

On 8/28/2023 at 7:42 AM, oxo1947 said:
The Woman in the Wall                                 2023 ‧ Psychological thriller--- BBC 6 episodes

This was due to be released in November this year, I think the on going USA strike is starting to have an affect--so expect many re-runs foreign programs  early releases etc.

It's set in Ireland in 2015  and centers around the earlier Magdalene Nurseries scandal. Where 1,000s of women had been incarcerated for having sex outside marriage.

Daily Mail Blurb

The Woman In The Wall's opening episode branded 'utterly superb' by viewers while the spooky thriller leaves others 'unable to sleep' BBC's new gothic thriller The Woman In The Wall saw its opening episode branded 'utterly superb' by viewers on Sunday.The six-part series examines the legacy of one of Ireland's most shocking scandals, the inhumane institutions known as the Magdalene Laundries. In the opening episode Lorna Brady (Ruth Wilson) wakes one morning to find a corpse in her house. Chillingly, she had no idea who the dead woman is or if she herself might be responsible for the apparent murder.

Last night I watched the first two episodes of this and I can't say that I was "over enamoured" with it, mainly because, for me, it was a little "bitty" – – a bit here and a bit there, however I will persevere when the next episode drops and see how I fare.

On 8/30/2023 at 9:30 PM, delgarcon said:

I don't know about the rest of you, but I love a series that is binge worthy and LOST is just that. Gone are the days when you couldn't go out on Monday or Tuesday because your favourite show was on the box, Now, you can catch up when you like.

Some of you will have seen LOST as it finished in 2010, but if like me it went under your radar, do yourself a favour and give it a try. You will know almost immediately whether or not it's for you. Me, I've already watched more than half of the 121 episodes and I'm really enjoying the series.

Can you give an update when you finish the LOST series? I stopped watching just because of other things going on in my life but think I had friends tell me they lost interest in the later seasons.  If you think it is good all the way through I will have to download it.

2 hours ago, biervoormij said:

Can you give an update when you finish the LOST series? I stopped watching just because of other things going on in my life but think I had friends tell me they lost interest in the later seasons.  If you think it is good all the way through I will have to download it.

Most of the stuff I watch is recommended by the IMDB users, as is Lost and according to the majority it's worth watching to the end. I've just finished Season 4 and I'll try and remember to give you the heads up when i get to the end.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, biervoormij said:

I watched the whole a while back, worth watching, and has some twists that come around in the end. 

Worth picking back up, especially now, since so little is out there.

• Thanks 1

On 8/29/2023 at 1:30 PM, giddyup said:

Three new releases available on TG, Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny, The Last Voyage of the Demeter and Boogeyman.

Watched about 25 minutes of and then switched it off, mainly because it seemed like a lot of CGI nonsense?

Perhaps I was more into Indiana Jones in the first instalment of it many years ago, but now, seeing an old, decrepit, bowlegged pensioner running around the place, just doesn't cut the mustard anymore.

• Like 1