What Movies or TV shows are you watching (2023)

CharlieH

1 hour ago, xylophone said:

Watched about 25 minutes of and then switched it off, mainly because it seemed like a lot of CGI nonsense?

Perhaps I was more into Indiana Jones in the first instalment of it many years ago, but now, seeing an old, decrepit, bowlegged pensioner running around the place, just doesn't cut the mustard anymore.

Watched half of it last night, the wife loved it so I suppose we will have to have part two this evening ☹️.    I switched off the sound of that ridiculous half hour tuck tuck chase and fell asleep zzzzzzzzz

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

I am watching  Riviera  one episode an evening after she has gone to bed, Its OK and moves along quite well, up to series three now which bears no relation to series one and two....

It makes much more sense with sub titles which are available and can be found.

'One Piece' - pirates with superpowers thanks to CGI - it's fun. 

Thankfully 'Justified' has finished with Raylan hanging his badge up. The final 3 minutes contain great news. 

'Hell on Wheels' is feeding my Western thirst from way back - 5 series.

'Wheel of Time S2' is back & 'Foundation' S2.

'The Winter King' S1 set in 5th Century England might fill the gap till the next Vikings series.

One of my favourite writers, Harlan Coben, now has a production company in his own name (directed by his wife) - the latest is 'Shelter'.

45 minutes ago, oxo1947 said:

Hidden Assets  season 2  Crime/Drama ---has dropped if you missed season 1 then it would help if you viewed it---as it is connected.

Irish drug scene --at a higher level, and the special Irish unit that aims to take away any Hidden Gains they have made out of it.

IMDB have not yet picked up on it---but they gave season 1 ....7.2

The Irish seem so good at these drug related programs.

Thanks for the heads up @oxo1947. Season 1 was very good IMHO.

The Tower Season 2 ... 

After a long-serving cop and a teenage girl fall to their deaths from a London tower block, Detective Sarah Collins investigates the dark heart of policing.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt14364876/

Evacuation 

The documentary military thriller revealing the inside story of the perilous British campaign to evacuate Kabul in 2021 - including top-to-bottom access to the Ministry of Defence

https://m.imdb.com/title/tt28279011/episodes/?season=1

Edited by Mike Teavee

On 8/30/2023 at 9:30 PM, delgarcon said:

I don't know about the rest of you, but I love a series that is binge worthy and LOST is just that. Gone are the days when you couldn't go out on Monday or Tuesday because your favourite show was on the box, Now, you can catch up when you like.

Some of you will have seen LOST as it finished in 2010, but if like me it went under your radar, do yourself a favour and give it a try. You will know almost immediately whether or not it's for you. Me, I've already watched more than half of the 121 episodes and I'm really enjoying the series.

Many thanks for the "heads up" as downloaded it and started watching it last night and I am enjoying it!! Loads of episodes to download................!

• Thumbs Up 1

The following are now available...

Barbie (2023) - IMDb

Hypnotic (2023) - IMDb

The Pod Generation (2023) - IMDb

I watched The Dive last week, and I thoroughly enjoyed it.....

The Dive (2023) - IMDb

I also watched the final episode of The Lioness series 1 last night and the series was a good watch, and IMHO Taylor Sheridan has now redeemed himself for the very poor Mayor of Kingston Series 2.

Lioness (TV Series 2023– ) - IMDb

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LosLobo said:

The following are now available...

Barbie (2023) - IMDb

Hypnotic (2023) - IMDb

The Pod Generation (2023) - IMDb

I watched The Dive last week, and I thoroughly enjoyed it.....

The Dive (2023) - IMDb

I also watched the final episode of The Lioness series 1 last night and the series was a good watch, and IMHO Taylor Sheridan has now redeemed himself for the very poor Mayor of Kingston Series 2.

Lioness (TV Series 2023– ) - IMDb

Sure I watched Hypnotic a few months ago? Remember thinking how bad it was, yet it was only released 1st Sept, was i dreaming?

17 hours ago, Seppius said:

Sure I watched Hypnotic a few months ago? Remember thinking how bad it was, yet it was only released 1st Sept, was i dreaming?

There was a Netflix movie of the same name in 2021… 

A young woman seeking self-improvement enlists the help of a renowned hypnotherapist. But after a handful of intense sessions, she discovers unexpected and deadly consequences.

https://m.imdb.com/title/tt12383460/

And yes, it was bad

Edited by Mike Teavee
  • Thumbs Up 1

58 minutes ago, Daffy D said:

One of the few movies that I've watched several times, always a good watch  :thumbsup:

Dark of the Sun was a book written by Wilbur Smith RIP, one of my favorite writers.

The following movies/mini series were also screen adaptions of his books except for 'The Last Lion' where the screen play by Smith later loosely became the basis for his book 'A Time to Die'.

Films

Wild Justice (TV Movie 1994) - IMDb 

Burning Shore (TV Movie 1991) - IMDb

Shout at the Devil (1976) - IMDb

The Kingfisher Caper (1975) - IMDb - book 'The Diamond Hunters'

Gold (1974) - IMDb - book 'Gold Mine'

The Last Lion (1972) - IMDb - book 'A Time to Die'

Mini Series

The Diamond Hunters (TV Mini Series 2001) - IMDb

The Seventh Scroll (TV Mini Series 1999– ) - IMDb

3 hours ago, Mike Teavee said:

There was a Netflix movie of the same name in 2021… 

A young woman seeking self-improvement enlists the help of a renowned hypnotherapist. But after a handful of intense sessions, she discovers unexpected and deadly consequences.

https://m.imdb.com/title/tt12383460/

And yes, it was bad

Thank you, but was not that one I saw, the Ben Affleck one was released online May 11th this year, that's when i saw it

https://hurawatch.at/movie/hypnotic-kxn7w/1-1    

• Thumbs Up 2

7 hours ago, KhunLA said:

+1, and enjoyed the Affleck one.  Nice twists along the way, especially the end.

Like a very bad "made for TV movie" Gets 2.9 on IMDB, lowest score I've ever seen, but still generous for that pile of dog poop.

5 hours ago, Will27 said:

The Detectives - Fighting Organised Crime

Did this come out some time ago? After watching episode one felt like I'd already seen it, and PB has both episodes from 2021, so obviously it's been re-released.

Edited by giddyup

53 minutes ago, giddyup said:

Did this come out some time ago? After watching episode one felt like I'd already seen it, and PB has both episodes from 2021, so obviously it's been re-released.

I think It might've.

The torrent was just released.

I had a feeling I'd already seen it also but it was so good I watched both episodes again.

• Thumbs Up 1

I've just finished watching season 1 of Justified: City Primeval and enjoyed it. Some other have already commented on the episodes involving his daughter, and I found these to be less enjoyable that the other episodes. I got it from TGx. As a series I don't think it was as good as the original series which IMHO had better storylines and characters like the Crowders, Bennetts, Crowes etc.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt14263564/

• Like 1