What Movies or TV shows are you watching (2023)

CharlieH

First you press the subtitle icon.

You then click on subtitles and select download subtitles from the drop-down menu

Next you press the magnifying glass and enter the title of the movie or serie.

VLC is not Google, so take care about spelling.

The Globe with the digit 1 is to enable other languages than English, which is enabled by default

Edited by BenStark
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, BenStark said:

If you use VLC player for your movies and series, it is also easy to download subs in any language through the VLC app

I use infuse on the Apple TV, it has the same feature as you mention with VLC - I already have Thai as my main subtitle, and English as secondary. It just searches opensubtitles and adds them to the menu as you are playing. Automatic subtitles make life so easy. 

On 9/13/2023 at 4:32 PM, oxo1947 said:

Black Cab---Thriller 4 episodes....CH 5....... England

There is very little info on this --No Youtube trailer---2 lines on IMDB  with no rating. First episode on TG & other places

IMDB blurb

It tells the story of Glenister, a Liverpool taxi driver who begins to form an unhealthy obsession and twisted world view of a late-night radio talk show host.

Available for streaming on fmoviesz.to if you are interested .

• Thumbs Up 1

20 hours ago, Will27 said:

PMTA AKA Red Lines

TPB

Halfway through this one and it's excellent.

Red Lines

Enter the complex world of the District Attorney’s office with up-and-coming attorney Marcelle Ben-David who believes in justice above all else, even the law. After convicting the head of a major crime family, she is given a promotion under the watchful eye of the highly-esteemed D.A. But when she begins working on her first assignment – a high profile case of mortgage fraud - Marcelle’s disregard for the rules of the D.A.’s rigid hierarchy opens a Pandora’s Box that threatens to shake the country’s entire legal system. As Marcelle digs deeper into the investigation, she discovers that this case is only the tip of the iceberg in a massive conspiracy. Going against her boss’s wishes, she will do whatever it takes to bring justice to those involved - no matter the cost. But when Marcelle finds out that those behind it are the ones closest to her, can she stop it all before she crosses too many red lines?

Thanks @Will27. Downloading season 1 now from 1337x.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 9/10/2023 at 6:53 PM, delgarcon said:

For Bill Nighy fans, Page Eight might have gone under your radar, mine too, but I just watched it and I really enjoyed it. About Time is another of his best movies if you haven't seen it.

Many, many thanks for this recommendation (About Time) because I enjoyed it immensely, and I had a moment of sadness during it, mainly because the love affair between Tom and Mary was lovely, and intense, and I recalled the few times that I had been in love like that, but then realised that the chances of that happening at the age of 76 were zero! Lovely movie, thank you.

Nearly forgot that I thought the song, "How Long Will I Love you" was brilliant and so very well performed by Jon Boden, Sam Sweeney and Ben Coleman – – haunting and I've downloaded it to listen to on occasion.

Edited by xylophone

1 hour ago, xylophone said:

Many, many thanks for this recommendation (About Time) because I enjoyed it immensely, and I had a moment of sadness during it, mainly because the love affair between Tom and Mary was lovely, and intense, and I recalled the few times that I had been in love like that, but then realised that the chances of that happening at the age of 76 were zero! Lovely movie, thank you.

Nearly forgot that I thought the song, "How Long Will I Love you" was brilliant and so very well performed by Jon Boden, Sam Sweeney and Ben Coleman – – haunting and I've downloaded it to listen to on occasion.

Glad you enjoyed it xylo. Did you know that the writer, Richard Curtis, also wrote Love Actually, Notting Hill, Four Weddings.......and The Boat that Rocks, all really good movies.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, delgarcon said:

Glad you enjoyed it xylo. Did you know that the writer, Richard Curtis, also wrote Love Actually, Notting Hill, Four Weddings.......and The Boat that Rocks, all really good movies.

Thanks for the info delgarcon as I wasn't aware of that, however I have to say that I liked all of those movies and have watched "Love Actually" and "Four Weddings and a Funeral" two or three times over the years – – all delightful movies, and Richard Curtis is a very talented writer and producer!!

Edited by xylophone

A fascinating watch, especially if you remember the aftermath of Sadam Hussains invasion if Kuwait and the wanton destruction left  behind as his troops scuttled back home. 

Lessons of Darkness    IMDB  Rate 8.0
Lessons of darkness is one of the most captivating, hypnotic experiences I have ever witnessed. I felt like I was in a strange nightmare and in an alien world. The film is almost purely visual; it is breathtakingly shot. It feels more like science fiction than most sci-fi films ever made. Absolutely haunting.

This film surveys the disaster of the Kuwaiti oil fields in flames, with little narration and scarcely any interviews. Hell on Earth is presented in such transcendent visions and music that one can only be fascinated by it.

381055946_LessonsofDarkness.jpg.262af92adf7d4f6f61c340911c7dbd35.jpg

Available with subs from 1337X and TGx and probably lots of other places.

• Thanks 2

Did anyone mention "The Killing Kind"--- Crime/Thriller....... just finished it 6 episodes---nothing to rave about, but watchable -- Female Barrister targeted for revenge after getting the someone off.   Real slow start.

--------------

2 Doco's out might be of interest on the Brit side--- Of course the one thats making headlines today  released last night--- "Dispatches" Russell Brand-In Plain Sight" on TPB.   he comes across as a creep -- but maybe he is not--whatever way it goes, its front page now--so his life is ruined  , & the accusers--well under British law, your not allowed to see hear or question them. Until the Police decide whether to take action or not---- on the last 3 cases of celebrity footballers after nearly 3 years they decided not.

---------------------

Where's there's a Will.  Ch 5 UK

Stories of families who have been torn apart as they fight over what has been left in a loved one's will, and the shocking legal battles that followed. The opening episode looks back at the first inheritance battle to ever to hit the High Courts, and also reveals how the millionaire Bernard Matthews' will caused uproar as his children fought over it

• Thanks 2

11 hours ago, delgarcon said:

Well, I finished it, but I have to say that it was a bit of an effort. There was a point when I felt that the writer was asking too much of the viewers' imagination, but by then I was hooked and had to see it through. The ending was fine, but the whole thing was maybe a bit too long.

Well you did better than I did on that score, because although I was interested in it and managed to watch the first 12? episodes, I started to get a bit bored with it, mainly because for me the whole thing became very formulaic, especially with the "back stories" being much of a muchness.

So I sneakily got onto Google and found a précis of the whole series and satisfied my curiosity that way, so I got no further than episode 12!!!!

Agree with your comment that "the writer was asking too much of the viewers imagination". Exactly.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 9/14/2023 at 8:36 PM, xylophone said:

The Spy who came in from the Cold

There is a long scene in this movie where only Richard Burton is on camera and he does not blink (no cuts).  And here I thought that generation of Brit classical actors were undisciplined drunks.  That made me go back to some of his other stuff, like "Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf?"  If interested, check out director Mike Nichols' story of the filming of the "burgen" scene, which somewhat justifies my remarks about drunkards.

"Boom" is a gem with Liz & Dick.  Nice scenery but a terrible movie; however the last 20 or so minutes is only L&D's characters finally having their confrontation, it shows them as capable actors as opposed to show biz caricatures. 

Edited by bendejo

Belfer

A bit of a slow burner but I'm enjoying it.

Hard- coded subs

TPB

Couldn't find a trailer with subs.

A Polish teacher moves to a provincial town and gets involved in investigating the brutal murder of a high school girl. He learns more and more about the mysteries of this murder, revealing corruption and fraud among local elites.

7 hours ago, Will27 said:

Belfer

A bit of a slow burner but I'm enjoying it.

Hard- coded subs

TPB

Couldn't find a trailer with subs.

A Polish teacher moves to a provincial town and gets involved in investigating the brutal murder of a high school girl. He learns more and more about the mysteries of this murder, revealing corruption and fraud among local elites.

AKA The Teacher

I am struggling through your recommendation of The Pimp, the German series set in the Reeperbahn - there's a few holes in the plot and that women keeps on taking off her top and displaying her chest, I can't watch it while I'm eating my dinner, puts me right off. I don't think I have seen such an ugly bunch of actors in all my life.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, recom273 said:

AKA The Teacher

I am struggling through your recommendation of The Pimp, the German series set in the Reeperbahn - there's a few holes in the plot and that women keeps on taking off her top and displaying her chest, I can't watch it while I'm eating my dinner, puts me right off. I don't think I have seen such an ugly bunch of actors in all my life.

Same for me. I did watch all the episodes of The Pimp, but it was a bit of a struggle.

Edited by Mutt Daeng

Will27..... your recommendation---Can you remember the name of the German TV program based on Fact --about the Guy who had to defend some people in the town that was accused of mass pedophilia.  Great show--and I want to recommend it someone , but the old grey matter didn't retain the name--

Or if anyone else can help........ Thanks

The TikTok Effect---BBC Doco     52 minutes...................  TVChaosUK ....and prob elsewhere

What connects amateur sleuths turning up at crime scenes, anti-social behaviour in UK schools and riots in France? The answer, according to a BBC investigation, is that they are all examples of a TikTok 'frenzy'.  Marianna Spring, the BBC’s disinformation correspondent, has spent the last year investigating harmful behaviour on TikTok spilling out into the real-world. She tracks down users, victims and former employees to expose how extremely high engagement on TikTok around some topics appears to be creating these 'frenzies' linked to behaviour previously seen as unacceptable.

This Youtube is from their news run Could not find a trailer