What Movies or TV shows are you watching (2023)

CharlieH

25 minutes ago, LosLobo said:

For those who like action heroes, get out the popcorn!

These just dropped.....

Mission: Impossible - Dead Reckoning Part One (2023) - IMDb

The Equalizer 3 (2023) - IMDb

NB Mission Impossible is a HD Rip and has hardcoded English & Mandarin subtitles.

I tried watching Mission Impossible on Sunday night, it's not a great encode, it's only 3GB for a 1080 file, no Thai subs yet. I gave it up, and wait for an upgrade.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

This has good reviews.

First episode out.

Jailed: Inside Maghaberry Prison

Stephen Nolan gets unprecedented access to one of the UK’s most notorious high-security jails to meet prisoners face to face in their cells and investigate a system under pressure.

13 hours ago, LosLobo said:

For those who like action heroes, get out the popcorn!

These just dropped.....

Mission: Impossible - Dead Reckoning Part One (2023) - IMDb

The Equalizer 3 (2023) - IMDb

NB Mission Impossible is a HD Rip and has hardcoded English & Mandarin subtitles.

Thanks @LosLobo. Downloading Equalizer 3 now from TGx.

Think I'll wait a while for other instances of MI to become available.

Edited by Mutt Daeng
typo
  • Thumbs Up 1

13 hours ago, recom273 said:

I tried watching Mission Impossible on Sunday night, it's not a great encode, it's only 3GB for a 1080 file, no Thai subs yet. I gave it up, and wait for an upgrade.

Sorry folks!

I found MI watchable on my 64in OLED UHD and it seemed like a 720p but I thought the hardcoded Mandarin subs would be more of an issue for some.

Nevertheless, I did post a disclaimer about the quality.

NB Perhaps I need to visit SpecSavers.

Edited by LosLobo

33 minutes ago, Mutt Daeng said:

Thanks @LosLobo. Downloading Equalizer 3 now from TGx.

Think I'll wait a while for other instances of MI to become available.

MI quality was ok, on my 65", and wish I could say the same about the movie.  First hour was a total waste, some vain attempt to be a comedy, along with a silly car chase scene.  Second half a bit better. 

I can understand why Cruise said this & next will be his last MI ... as they are going downhill fast.  Maybe he'll make part 2 interesting, with everyone getting bumped off.

Enjoyed the E3 more, though slow paced.  OK time killer, though I've given up expecting any thing new, exciting, thought provoking from any movie makers.

Edited by KhunLA
  • Like 1

If you like horror movies (I usually avoid), then 'Talk to Me' was decent, and different.  Especially considering all were unknowns to me.  Stay till the very last scene, as I almost didn't, thinking it was done.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt10638522/?ref_=nv_sr_srsg_1_tt_7_nm_0_q_talk%20to%20me

Edited by KhunLA

29 minutes ago, KhunLA said:

If you like horror movies (I usually avoid), then 'Talk to Me' was decent, and different.  Especially considering all were unknowns to me.  Stay till the very last scene, as I almost didn't, thinking it was done.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt10638522/?ref_=nv_sr_srsg_1_tt_7_nm_0_q_talk%20to%20me

I liked "Talk to Me" but wish I could see it with subtitles, I had a lot of difficulty understanding much of what was said. 

Also recently saw:

"Immersion", which was a little different and pretty good. 

"Saw X", which was pretty much what you would expect.

"Quicksand", which was ridiculous.

"The Exorcist: Believer", which was disappointing. 

Fo anyone that does not know, both SF and Major have promotions whereby you can watch all the movies you like for a monthly flat rate. 

• Thumbs Up 1

18 minutes ago, Yellowtail said:

I liked "Talk to Me" but wish I could see it with subtitles, I had a lot of difficulty understanding much of what was said. 

Also recently saw:

"Immersion", which was a little different and pretty good. 

"Saw X", which was pretty much what you would expect.

"Quicksand", which was ridiculous.

"The Exorcist: Believer", which was disappointing. 

Fo anyone that does not know, both SF and Major have promotions whereby you can watch all the movies you like for a monthly flat rate. 

Yes you missed a bit, as a lot of the 'family' tension, revolved around sister not wanting brother to participate.  And the father's last scene (attempting to help daughter on floor) would have had a bit more content to it.

You would think you wouldn't need subtitles for horror or action movie, this one may have been the exception.

3 hours ago, Yellowtail said:

There's a 'Talk 2 Me' (2022 ?) in the works, and hopefully will pick up right where 1 left off.  No real info on IMDB about it.  Same directors & writers (-1), but no cast or other info.

• Thumbs Up 1