What Movies or TV shows are you watching (2023)

CharlieH

19 hours ago, Henk Langeweg said:

Just finished the final season of Billions. Great dialog, loved it.

Yes! Billions seemed to fall from grace .. This season I was eagerly awaiting the weekly episode, the plot may have been a bit far fetched by the return of ax and all the scheming was awesome. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, recom273 said:

Yes! Billions seemed to fall from grace .. This season I was eagerly awaiting the weekly episode, the plot may have been a bit far fetched by the return of ax and all the scheming was awesome. 

Season 6 was a waste of time, but season 7 made all it all ok again

Edited by Henk Langeweg
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Rimmer said:

We watched the first episode of Bass Reeves last night, I think its going to be a pretty good series, thought I detected the hand of Taylor Sheriden in it and confirmed it this morning whilst reading this

For anyone wanting to find out more about this remarkable man there is a wikki page about him HERE

How can I watch this, as I cannot see it on my usual download places......thanks.

• Like 1

The Grave

Lime 

This was heart breaking.

“When there was no shelling, we dug and buried. When there was shelling, we got out.” Vitaly Borovyi is a gravedigger in the city of Izium in north-eastern Ukraine. Following six months of Russian occupation, he recorded and buried nearly 450 murdered Ukrainians in a mass grave in a forest just outside the city.

This devastating feature documentary from Allie Wharf tells the city’s story of life and death in the war, how those in the graves are being properly buried and how investigators and intelligence agents are hunting the Russians they believe were responsible.

• Like 1

This was good for me, might only appeal to Brits. Torrent available usual places

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt14124080/

Ageing Michael Caine and Glenda Jackson based on a true story of Bernard Jordan escapes from his care home to attend the 70th Anniversary of the D-Day Landings in France.

Strangly, not watched yet but  same subject in another new movie

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt12404266/?ref_=nv_sr_srsg_0_tt_4_nm_0_q_last%20rifeman       staring Pierce  Brosnan

A WWII veteran escapes his care home in Northern Ireland and embarks on an arduous but inspirational journey to France to attend the 75th anniversary of the D-Day landings, finding the courage to face the ghosts of his past.

• Thumbs Up 2

21 hours ago, xylophone said:

How can I watch this, as I cannot see it on my usual download places......thanks.

I like it as well. Action, ethics, romance, a little bit of everything. I had trouble getting it from EZTV and TGX, but it was a quick download on 1337x

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 11/8/2023 at 3:31 PM, Rimmer said:

We watched the first episode of Bass Reeves last night, I think its going to be a pretty good series, thought I detected the hand of Taylor Sheriden in it and confirmed it this morning whilst reading this

For anyone wanting to find out more about this remarkable man there is a wikki page about him HERE

I watched the first episode of Bass last night and I really enjoyed it.

Thanks for recommendation, I saw it had dropped earlier but didn't realise it was from the Taylor Sheridan stable.

Very good post and I would suggest a model for others with all the additional information.

I thought Bass's bio was particularly a nice touch, no doubt an effective panacea for the unnecessary comment that sometime detracts from the camaraderie and goodwill usually found on this site.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, Seppius said:

"Opp" has dropped looking forward to watching tonight

Thanks for that, there be seems to be two versions around.

One has some hard-coded advertising for a website which moves to different positions around the screen and is a bit distracting, the other has slight audio sync issues.

I might wait for a better copy.......

Edited by LosLobo
  • Like 1

Saw "The Marvels" this morning. I was not expecting much but was still disappointed. 

I thought the story was lame, the acting was pedestrian, the music meh and the dialog painful.

One would expect that effects would be the one thing that would be great, but no.

Action-packed snooze-a-thon. 

• Thanks 1

All the Light we cannot See ( 2023 mini series )

Starring Mark Ruffalo and Hugh Laurie:

de

” Marie-Laure lives in Paris near the Museum of Natural History, where her father works. When she is twelve, the Nazis occupy Paris and father and daughter flee to the walled citadel of Saint-Malo, where Marie-Laure's reclusive great uncle lives in a tall house by the sea. With them they carry what might be the museum's most valuable and dangerous jewel. In a mining town in Germany, Werner Pfennig, an orphan, grows up with his younger sister, enchanted by a crude radio they find that brings them news and stories from places they have never seen or imagined. Werner becomes an expert at building and fixing these crucial new instruments and is enlisted to use his talent to track down the resistance. Deftly interweaving the lives of Marie-Laure and Werner, Doerr illuminates the ways, against all odds, people try to be good to one another. “ imdb 

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt15320362/?ref_=ext_shr_lnk

Available on Netflix or stream on fmovies .

• Like 1

8 hours ago, LosLobo said:

Thanks for that, there be seems to be two versions around.

One has some hard-coded advertising for a website which moves to different positions around the screen and is a bit distracting, the other has slight audio sync issues.

I might wait for a better copy.......

The 32 GB (thanks 3bb 1GB) is perfect. 1337x

• Thumbs Up 1

I finished the first season of Bupkis the other night and for me it was worth the download even though I would not give it the 7.3 rating that it has on IMDB.

I seemed to have missed it when it came out and don't think I have seen anyone talk about it on here. If you are not a Pete Davidson fan or didn't like his movie The King of Staten Island this may not be for you but I enjoyed Joe Pesci as his grandfather.

On 11/2/2023 at 9:21 AM, Dcheech said:

Found at the TPB

BBC Our World Lady of the Hills: The Thai Wife Killing
Thai woman was found by walkers in a remote part of the Yorkshire Dales in England.  Nothing you do not already know, but of interest. The ex husband is indeed a classic.

Was the ex husband ever jailed for this?

1 hour ago, stupidfarang said:

How safe is this torrent? Can you stream online or do you have to download the movie? I watch movives on yesmovies or Bmovies which is okay, no downloading but a lot of buffering

I think many on here use 1337x     .to, don't use in the West without VPN

• Thanks 1

I'm a huge fan of Nathan Fielder but his new show The Curse is at another level of sophistication and reactions to it will be very divisive. If you don't know him, I would suggest going back and watching his previous stuff as well. If you hate The Curse (as I think many will) you may love his previous work.

Anyway, the first episode of The Curse is out.

Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 1