Ex-press secretary: Trump wanted to fire usher for helping Bidens move in

Scott

Former President Trump wanted to fire the former White House chief usher for helping the Bidens move into the executive mansion, former White House press secretary Stephanie Grisham told the select committee investigating the Jan. 6 Capitol riot.

Why it matters: Grisham's account indicates that Trump's desire to delay or prevent the transition of power after the 2020 election affected traditionally nonpolitical White House positions.

https://www.axios.com/2022/12/29/trump-fire-usher-bidens-white-house-ex-press-secretary

Axios logo

From the linked article.

Former President Trump wanted to fire the former White House chief usher for helping the Bidens move into the executive mansion, former White House press secretary Stephanie Grisham told the select committee investigating the Jan. 6 Capitol riot.

I don't see any corroborating evidence for that, so is it just her word ( for what that is worth )?

• Haha 2

12 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

From the linked article.

I don't see any corroborating evidence for that, so is it just her word ( for what that is worth )?

He was fired just before the Trumps left the White House.

• Ultimately, Harleth was fired on Inauguration Day even before the Bidens officially moved into the White House, according to the New York Times.

This is news...sorta like all those breathlessly reported media accounts of Trump trying to take the wheel of The Beast on 1/6 and drive to the Capitol and lead the "riots" for which the special comittee found no evidentiary support ???? 

Edited by Pattaya Spotter
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, candide said:

The funny steering wheel story has not been confirmed. However, the most important, that Trump was angry and wanted to be driven to the Capitol has been corroborated by other witnesses and evidence.

Testimony and communications from Secret Service agents and former White House officials shared Thursday showed former President Trump was intent on traveling to the Capitol on Jan. 6, 2021. 

https://thehill.com/homenews/house/3687026-testimony-underscores-trumps-desire-to-go-to-capitol-on-jan-6/

https://news.yahoo.com/witness-says-trump-irate-secret-010406520.html

He promised the angry mob that he would do so and then left them blowing in the wind. A promise not fulfilled.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ozimoron said:

Are you suggesting that Hutchinson should not have testified to the best of her knowledge and belief as she was required to do under oath?

No doubt he would have fired her for doing her duty, which would be a pathetically churlish thing to do.  Why, it would be almost as bad as firing someone for doing their job by helping your opponent and successor move into the White House, and who would be so insecure and nasty enough to do that?  Oh, wait a minute....

• Thumbs Up 2

On 12/31/2022 at 6:17 PM, candide said:

Which media lies?

Testimonies under oath.

In summary, you have nothing.

So you're one if those guys who believe the testilying...the James twins Clapper and Comey love guys like you.

Edited by Pattaya Spotter
  • Haha 1

On 12/31/2022 at 4:03 PM, stevenl said:

Are you still doubting his intentions with many of his former staff coming with examples of his behaviour?

I don't know what his intentions were/ are, and neither do you, unless claiming to be psychic- are you?

I merely asked if there is any corroborating evidence. If you don't know, why are you asking about something I can't possible know. Are you baiting?

On 12/31/2022 at 8:30 AM, thaibeachlovers said:

From the linked article.

Just because you don't see doesn't mean that it didn't happen.

I am quite sure that if the Jan 6 Select committee were told about it, then someone would have investigated it. If the report was false then she would have been charged with an offence.

7 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

I don't know what his intentions were/ are, and neither do you, unless claiming to be psychic- are you?

I merely asked if there is any corroborating evidence. If you don't know, why are you asking about something I can't possible know. Are you baiting?

Plenty of testimony to show his intentions.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 1/3/2023 at 12:13 AM, stevenl said:

Plenty of testimony to show his intentions.

Testimony by people that dislike Trump is not necessarily factual. Unless he is actually on record as saying something it's only an opinion as to what his "intentions" were. For all we know he could have been havin' a laff.

BTW far as I know, intentions alone are not a crime. One has to do something to be guilty.