Trump’s tax returns raise questions over his business operations, loans he gave his children and more

Scott

image.png

Six years of Donald Trump’s federal tax returns released on Friday show the former president paid very little in federal income taxes the first and last year of his presidency, claiming huge losses that helped limit his tax bill, among other revelations.

The returns, long shrouded in secrecy, were released to the public on Friday by the House Ways and Means Committee, the culmination of a battle over their disclosure that went to the Supreme Court. They confirm a report issued from the Joint Committee on Taxation that Trump claimed large losses before and throughout his presidency that he carried forward to reduce or practically eliminate his tax burden.

https://www.cnn.com/2022/12/30/politics/donald-trump-tax-returns-released/index.html

CNN-logo-July-4-2020-e1593906141959-300x

1 hour ago, Phoenix Rising said:

"What strikes me immediately is that in 2015, '16 and '17, Donald Trump had foreign accounts in the U.K., Ireland, China and also it looks like St. Thomas. And then in 2018 only U.K. and then in 2020 only U.K. and that is what I'm looking at."

https://www.rawstory.com/trump-taxes-2659046074/

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, riclag said:

For the record ,the left has been out to get’em. Now they have what they think is a treasure trove of political fodder! Imop

In the grand scheme of things he’s my countries only hope in 2024,

of draining and exposing the “ Washington  Swamp” , the political cesspool of media ,merchants, politicians and bureaucrats , who suck off the Government system.imop

Useful advices here!

How to Drain a Swamp

First, dig a trench.

https://slate.com/technology/2016/10/how-to-drain-a-swamp.html

• Like 1

I looked over his taxes and the man did not pay any Federal income tax in 2020. I myself need to have his accountants as I paid over 56k USD to the feds and another 16k to the great State of California.  I think maybe I need to find better tax write-offs. Owning my own business and 3 rentals was not enough....sigh.

Edited by ThailandRyan

10 hours ago, riclag said:

For the record ,the left has been out to get’em. Now they have what they think is a treasure trove of political fodder! Imop

In the grand scheme of things he’s my countries only hope in 2024,

of draining and exposing the “ Washington  Swamp” , the political cesspool of media ,merchants, politicians and bureaucrats , who suck off the Government system.imop

His taxes are mildly titillating, but not particularly revealing.  I don't think there is a 'gotcha' moment anywhere in them, and it will take a long time and some very expert professionals to unpack them.  If there are irregularities, the IRS will want their money plus interest and penalties.  They aren't likely to pursue fraud unless they find something big and intentional.   

No, the 'gotcha' moment lies with the stolen documents at his residence.     

• Like 1

The New York Times reported in 2020 on the bank account in China, and that it was linked to a business push there from Trump International Hotels Management. At the same time that Trump was running for reelection, he accused Democratic opponent Joe Biden of being China's so-called puppet.

Biden, however, has not received income from or done business with China, per his own disclosures and returns.

https://www.newsweek.com/full-list-trumps-foreign-bank-accounts-1770459

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, placeholder said:

Not only that. The FBI had plans to move out of their current building and into a new facility in Virginia. It just so happened that the building was very close to where Trump's hotel was located. A perfect spot for a competing hotel. Trump put the kibosh in the FBI's move.

Trump Closely Involved In Killing FBI’s Move Out Of Washington, Emails Show

President Donald Trump personally intervened to stop the FBI from moving its headquarters in Washington to the Maryland or Virginia suburbs, emails made public Thursday reveal. The decision that the bureau will not move will help the president’s bottom line by reducing competition for his flagship hotel property located in the Old Post Office building across the street from the current FBI building.

The emails between officials at the General Services Administration, which oversees government-owned properties, and the FBI show that the decision to stop the long-running plan to move FBI headquarters to the suburbs and sell the sprawling, brutalist J. Edgar Hoover Building to developers for a mixed-use development came directly from the president.

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/trump-hotel-fbi-headquarters-pennsylvania-ave_n_5bc8a70de4b0a8f17eea199c

If this isn't self dealing, nothing is. The FBI wanted out.