Documents required to extend Thai retirement visa (non 'o')

Just about to renew my retirement visa for the 5th-6th (?) time and checking about documents requ'd for this.  (Googled it and get a bunch of visa agents).  Here is a list of what I think I need.  (The local immigration officers know me and are friendly here, btw)

Passport

Request to renew statement (official document form)

Yellow book

Pink card

Bank books with current balance dated on the day

Bank letter, same date, verifying balance over 800,000 THB (the figures noted must match bank book EXACTLY) 

photos

Wife's ID?

Wife's house book?

My wife will not be going with me and don't think it necessary, is this correct?

We have lived in the same house that I built for the past 5 years and I almost always see the same officer. 

Thanks very much in advance.

Happy New Year. 

house front_reduced.jpg

They wont even start to do one at my office until they see a TM30, on paper, showing them it on the phone from their own data base does not count. Never been asked for house book or wife's ID, its a retirement extension not marriage, not pink card or yellow book either.

Edited by proton

7 minutes ago, proton said:

Never been asked for house book or wife's ID, its a retirement extension not marriage, not pink card or yellow book either.

You need some sort of proof of address though - usually it would be a rental contract.  The wife's housebook, ID card and marriage certificate seem to satisfy them of that. That is what I provided last year anyway for my retirement extension. My wife did not accompany me.

Edited by Tuvoc
  • Like 1

Thanks DrJack, I am in Buriram.  Also forgot, I have a usufruct on the land (that I bought and put i wife's name) and a TM6 and a TM30 stapled in my passport along with my last 90 day.  Due on the 01 01 2023 but he said come in any day this week, no problem, so I go tomorrow.  Hopefully miss the Monday crowds at the immigration office and  bank too.  Yellow book shows my address btw.  Thanks again.

1 hour ago, Tuvoc said:

You need some sort of proof of address though - usually it would be a rental contract.  The wife's housebook, ID card and marriage certificate seem to satisfy them of that. That is what I provided last year anyway for my retirement extension. My wife did not accompany me.

Done extensions for 17 years at various offices, can't recall ever being asked for proof of address, sometimes they want to see last 90 day report

• Love It 1

35 minutes ago, notrub said:

and a TM6 and a TM30 stapled in my passport along with my last 90 day

That should be plenty for proof of address.

Seems now CW is asking to see last 90 day report and you have that and also note a TM30 in pp.

That should cover it. 

Just the usual photocopies from your pp eg identity age last extension stamp and last entry stamp.

I always provide my original non O stamp or if you have a renewal pp the info for that visa is in first page in current pp.

Obviously all the banking side of things.

Seems that you are providing photocopies of bankbook pages for last 12 months and not bank statements.

Not sure what Buriram insist upon.

Seems many offices are now insisting on 12 months of bank statements. 

Edited by DrJack54
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, notrub said:

Thanks DrJack, I am in Buriram.  Also forgot, I have a usufruct on the land (that I bought and put i wife's name) and a TM6 and a TM30 stapled in my passport along with my last 90 day.  Due on the 01 01 2023 but he said come in any day this week, no problem, so I go tomorrow.  Hopefully miss the Monday crowds at the immigration office and  bank too.  Yellow book shows my address btw.  Thanks again.

Monday they are closed for new year bank holiday.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 3 months later...

Hi, 

"For 800K funds in bank

Bank book - updated.

B&W Photocopy of bank book ownership data page and page(s) showing funds – as updated.

Letter from bank confirming ownership of account and funds dated same day as bank book update."

Does this 8000k fund need to be in the bank for a certain amount of time prior to applying for the extension? 

The answer is probably somewhere else but, for retirement extension, does one need 800,000 baht in the bank for two or three months before application? 

Thanks

John

22 hours ago, funkykyle said:

Does this 8000k fund need to be in the bank for a certain amount of time prior to applying for the extension?

800k for Two months prior to application then maintain at that level for 3 months after application.

Can be not less than 400k at other times.