Prince Harry tells Anderson Cooper why he’s not stepping out of the limelight

Scott

1 minute ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

What "incidents are you  referring to ?

I wasn't. I was referring to accusations of racism made by H & M. Any rational person can conclude that they implied that "incidents of racism" had occurred. There would be no basis for their accusation had they not occurred. As I said, it's not for me to challenge the veracity of H & M comments. I posted only that they had made those comments as part of the reason they had estranged themselves (at least in part) from the royal family. That they made those accusations must be beyond question at this point.

• Like 1

Just now, jayboy said:

I don't know what you mean by 'reading concisely'.

Who knows exactly what's behind Harry's and Meghan's unhappiness? Accusations in general have been made.What I'm looking for is a specific example and if I understand you correctly there may well not be one.That's all I'm suggesting - no example available.

Sometimes plain ignorance of royal protocol is involved.In the Oprah interview they (H and M) appeared to complain that their children had been denied titles, with the implication of racial discrimination.This was simply untrue and since the accession of Charles both Archie and Lilibet can claim titles.Quite why H and M are so concerned at this piece of royal nomenclature is hard to understand given their dislike of the institution is quite hard to comprehend.

You can look for whatever you like. That wasn't my contention.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Thailand said:

Apparently the book is already being offered at one third of the retail price even before release.

Maybe free with a dozen eggs come release date?

Quite and their Netflix series has 'bombed' in the USA?

https://www.express.co.uk/news/royal/1716244/royal-family-live-prince-harry-meghan-markle-netflix-project-rating-flops-latest

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

You can look for whatever you like. That wasn't my contention.

My objective was simply to demonstrate there is scanty evidence to suggest racism towards Meghan at least on the part of the Royal Family.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, jayboy said:

My objective was simply to demonstrate there is scanty evidence to suggest racism towards Meghan at least on the part of the Royal Family.

All well and good but the point is that they made the accusation. My initial response was a post from another member claiming that they had other motives not including racism. I'm not going to be drawn into an argument about whether or not such incidents occurred. My sole point was to establish that  they did, in fact, cite racism as a motive for leaving.

Go ahead and prove they are liars yourself if you wish. I have proved my point that  they made the accusation. That's all I set out to do.

1 minute ago, ozimoron said:

Go ahead and prove they are liars yourself if you wish. I have proved my point that  they made the accusation. That's all I set out to do.

They made lots of accusations.I'm not suggesting they are liars.People often attribute motives to other people when feelings have been hurt or where there are multiple sensitivities.I'm not trying to establish whether the racist charges are true or not.I'm just trying to find an example of one.To date nothing credible.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, jayboy said:

They made lots of accusations.I'm not suggesting they are liars.People often attribute motives to other people when feelings have been hurt or where there are multiple sensitivities.I'm not trying to establish whether the racist charges are true or not.I'm just trying to find an example of one.To date nothing credible.

Then I don't know why you involved me.

2 minutes ago, jayboy said:

It's a discussion forum in which stuff is debated. It's not a personal sparring place. I'm quite interested in how racism is deployed in modern times as shorthand word for all kinds of complex issues, and Meghxit is a classic instance.Yet not one credible example of royal family racism has been produced.

Shall we leave it there?

Definitely. I tried that long ago but you kept misconstruing my claim.

Edited by ozimoron

1 minute ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

It maybe an idea to label it as being unproven accusations of racism , rather than simply stating its racism , as you give legitimacy to the allegations 

I used the word "accusations" extensively, like in every post. "Unproven accusations" is a tautology.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Well , in this post you didnt :

"That is apart from the racism displayed against Megan herself."

You didn't link to my post. You clipped my post.

I believe that was in reference to members here demonstrating racism toward Markle, nothing to do with her accusations.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

You didn't link to my post. You clipped my post.

I believe that was in reference to members here demonstrating racism toward Markle, nothing to do with her accusations.

OK, which members here have been racist towards Megan and what did they say ?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Any sympathy I might have once had for this couple has evaporated. 

He should have just shown some British stiff upper lip and played to role he was born into. Whatever problems he had before he made them worse. They made their bed now lie in it and stop being so tedious.

Maybe the same advice could be applied to his elder brother and his father?

• Haha 2

16 hours ago, bendejo said:

Right now, if Charles and William were both gone, who would ascend the throne?

Harry is fifth in line now. All of William's children precede him. If they'd be minors a regent would be appointed.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

18 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

I wonder if there will ever be a moment in his life when he wakes up and curses the day when he met Meghan.

Why did I marry that bitch?

Happens to many of us guys that married the wrong woman. Just a matter of time.

Also, he knows if he backs out now he'll look a fool in the eyes of the entire world.

As for why he wants to stay whining in public about his family- could be the money runs out if he stops talking about it.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

12 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Prince Harry details physical attack by brother William in new book

The confrontation escalated, Harry writes, until William “grabbed me by the collar, ripping my necklace, and … knocked me to the floor”.

The extraordinary scene, which Harry says resulted in visible injury to his back, is one of many in Spare, which will be published worldwide next week and is likely to spark a serious furore for the British royal family.

Wow, William just went up in my estimation.

I always liked him to be honest. Seems like he has something about him. Beautiful wife/kids as well. The country is in safe hands.

It's a shame Harry had to go crying to the public about it (again!) though. Still, I guess he has no other way to pay for all those planet saving private jets, SUV's and 16 bedroom mansions.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1