Proof of Covid vaccines will be required again for ALL arrivals to Thailand

snoop1130

2 hours ago, snoop1130 said:
  • All visitors must have received at least TWO doses of Covid-19 vaccine before their arrival
  • All visitors should take out health insurance coverage, which includes Covid-19, before their departure for Thailand
  • All visitors should wear face masks while travelling on public transport in Thailand and in public places and take rapid antigen tests if they develop Covid-like symptoms.
  • Visitors should postpone their visits to Thailand if they develop a respiratory disease.

Must - sounds like a regulation.

Should - sounds like a recommendation.

It would be interesting to know whether the original Thai language version makes the same distinction.

21 minutes ago, vangrop said:

I was a provax n° one. Untill recently less than 2 months after a fourth dosis I got the disease. IMO they are ineffectieve. They were quickly put together by big Pharma serving them as cashcows. I'm sorry I am not sponsoring any longer big Pharma for their placebo's. This said their requirement is absolutely useless.

You do know how vaccines work ? Anyway , there is no telling in a specific case that the vaccine is working and how good it is working. Also , with all the variants around , that is another factor. You can imagine to have been a lot worse without the vaccine, but would you imagine to have less sick without the vaccination . I had covid also , 1.5-2 days of very mild illness , wouldn't even have known it without self test (actually was thinking of a rough hangover for most of the 1st day). When i was in Thailand , i am pretty sure the GF adn some other family members did get it , untested , but i had 0.0 , not even tired .

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, HerbyJFlash said:

Yep the new strains called the “kraken” but the new strain of flu is still just called the flu. 

Been away from this forum for a few years and surprised by how many people still falling for this BS.

Aint China been locked down and vaccinated for three years - shouldn't that mean covid has been beaten… oh wait .

China's issue is that they have a low rate of vaccination, hence the hospitals are full right now and the virus is exploding.

I guess oyu're still alive because you're vaccinated?

Edited by ozimoron

2 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

Nah, in 2020 nobody was vaccinated, now we mostly all are. Except in China.

I'm not talking about vaccinations; I was referring to all these restrictions in place again before going to LOS. 

1 step forward, 2 steps back kind of thing. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BayArea said:

I'm not talking about vaccinations; I was referring to all these restrictions in place again before going to LOS. 

1 step forward, 2 steps back kind of thing. 

I don't know of any restrictions other than getting a vaccination or two. Please enlighten me as to what "all these restrictions" means.

• Like 2

Just now, BayArea said:

restrictions were the wrong usage. Requirements would have been a better choice 

Well, I still think the answer is that there is one requirement, get a vaccine and prove it.

Actually I'm confused as to which of two reports is correct. I don't know if they are requiring a vaccine or not.

• Like 2

Numerous off-topic posts and replies have been remove, some for posting false or misleading information others for trolling. 

This is the final warning.  Continue to post unsubstantiated claims without a link to a credible source and you will face a suspension.  

The topic is about proof of vaccination for all arriving in Thailand. 

• Thumbs Up 1

14 minutes ago, London Lowf said:

I was in Thailand from October last year until a couple of weeks ago - no Covid restrictions but I carried two paper copies of my vaccination certificate anyway - things can change fast!

They certainly do and it can change for any country.  I guess the point here is they are obviously doing it for China LOL.  

Why did the goal posts change?  Oh yeah, it's Thailand.  And they've done it repeatedly over and over again.  If anyone is surprised that's on them.  ;D 

Sucks for people who have already booked travel.  

• Like 1

My friend told me about this new rule possibly coming into effect a week ago as he's travelling out to Thailand this week. I'm still unclear on the 2 jab rule. I've had 2 vaccinations but haven't updated my NHS wallet on my iPhone in over a year because I haven't needed to. Does a simple previous digital record of the 2 jabs still count? Not sure what they're asking for here.