Proof of Covid vaccines will be required again for ALL arrivals to Thailand

snoop1130

50 minutes ago, mikebell said:

Where in Pattaya; looking for Pfizer.

Sorry can't help you. Asked Buriram Ram yesterday and got: "No have, finiss, ask Government hospital". So I'll pop in at Medpark, in a couple of weeks, unless they have it at Burumgrad, but that's very doubtful.

3 hours ago, nigelforbes said:

If of course the  test is positive, they must be treated hence the need for insurance to ensure their treatment is paid for.

Just where will people getting a positive test result be treated? Do they go to a hospital, even if showing no symptoms? Does "insurance" pay for that? Do they return to the hotel they just left? For Chinese tour groups that might mean bunking up double with the tour group following them who just checked in. Is there a tent city for those testing positive? Is that a "treatment?" At least the Chinese will be used to that. Or does everyone just squat at the airport until they test negative?

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

5 minutes ago, Lemonltr said:

4 pages of replies so far exclusively about vaccination which is either free or cheap.

Requirement number 2 of covid insurance is much more onerous and expensive especially for the over 75s.

Cmon guys just get your injections so we can have our freedoms back.  It isn't that hard.  What are you scared of a little jab for?  It isn't going to kill you!!

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, John Drake said:

Just where will people getting a positive test result be treated? Do they go to a hospital, even if showing no symptoms? Does "insurance" pay for that? Do they return to the hotel they just left? For Chinese tour groups that might mean bunking up double with the tour group following them who just checked in. Is there a tent city for those testing positive? Is that a "treatment?" At least the Chinese will be used to that. Or does everyone just squat at the airport until they test negative?

I give up, which is it!

31 minutes ago, Boomer6969 said:

Sorry can't help you. Asked Buriram Ram yesterday and got: "No have, finiss, ask Government hospital". So I'll pop in at Medpark, in a couple of weeks, unless they have it at Burumgrad, but that's very doubtful.

Err...Pattaya?

2 hours ago, brewsterbudgen said:

A long thread for something that has still not been confirmed! 

Yes, my thoughts exactly. It's almost as if the writers have a good idea of what buttons to press to get a reaction (and web-traffic) from the expat community... ????

I think I will wait for a bit more substance than a half-arsed report from the world-renowned publication that is "PhuketGO"... :coffee1:

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, Sametboy2019 said:

So randomly just change the rules. There will be unvaxed people who have booked flights to Thailand only now to find out that they need to vaccinations with no chance to get them if they are coming in the next few weeks!

That right there is the problem and I suspect it will affect a lot of people

Because this is something the traveller faces due to no action on their part I wonder if they can demand refunds or make insurance claims.

I'm beginning to understand why British Airways made their decision to change Bangkok to Singapore on their schedules.

Edited by ukrules
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Lemonltr said:

4 pages of replies so far exclusively about vaccination which is either free or cheap.

You miss the point. This is sprung on people days before they fly. Either they have no time to get a vaccine, which some say takes up to 14 days to take effect anyway, or they don't want to be vaccinated for whatever reason and thought they were free to travel to Thailand. Which they were, until now and this latest reversal of policy.

2 minutes ago, Bangkok Barry said:

You miss the point. This is sprung on people days before they fly. Either they have no time to get a vaccine, which some say takes up to 14 days to take effect anyway, or they don't want to be vaccinated for whatever reason and thought they were free to travel to Thailand. Which they were, until now and this latest reversal of policy.

Time waits for no pandemic.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, nigelforbes said:

Presumably the vaccinations must have been within the previous X months?

The health insurance rule is risky, that may deter some tourists and will impact older expats. 

Enforcement of facemasks in public places sounds almost unenforceable.

Visitors applying for a Schengen visa must have medical insurance - why  not Thailand? At least it would reduce the endless requests for crowdfunding to pay the hospital fees for the uninsured.

1 minute ago, George Aylesham said:

Visitors applying for a Schengen visa must have medical insurance - why  not Thailand? At least it would reduce the endless requests for crowdfunding to pay the hospital fees for the uninsured.

Why not indeed. I was not advocating they shouldn't, merely making early observations on the announcement. Personally, I think everyone should have five shots, should have a mask stapled to their face and should carry USD 1 mill. health insurance....job done

18 hours ago, Etaoin Shrdlu said:

Same.

I'm off on Monday for a week in the US. My last vaccination was in March last year.

Apparently not available in Thailand, you might consider after arriving in the US get a vaccination for XBB.1.5 Omicron subvariant that seems to be sweeping the US. Worse effects than Covid-19 and easier to infect.

13 hours ago, habuspasha said:

I don't understand why so many posters are trying to get by with the least protection.  I had my 5th Moderna in September before my Oct visit and am planning on getting a 6th before my next visit at end of this month.  Shots are said to be full strenth effective for 2-5 months.  Why not take advantage of what is available?  I'm 81, but I would do it if I were 20 years younger.

I'm 71, had my 2 jabs and a booster , that's more than enough for me 

iv had covid 3 times now, all of which were like a mild flu only

if they are supposed to give you immunity, why the need to keep getting them ?

11 hours ago, nigelforbes said:

So very excitable, calm down!

I think the approach is quite clever. The requirement for Chinese tourists to have medical insurance is based solely on the entry requirements of China to show a negative test result. If of course the  test is positive, they must be treated hence the need for insurance to ensure their treatment is paid for. These are not Thai regulations, they are the result of Chinese regulations.

And the requirement for everyone to have been vaccinated is a common sense ruling that applies to many countries, move on, there's nothing to see here.

so am i missing something here

if i have had my jabs and boosters, i can, and have caught the covid since

i caught it before the jabs, and twice more since the jabs, all without ill effects

even if i have had my jabs, i can still catch and pass on this covid to other jabbed, and non jabbed people ?

5 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

Who told you they were supposed to give immunity? Educate yourself before spreading misinformation.

ok

maybe the wrong word

so what are they supposed to do and how long is it supposed to do it ?