Proof of Covid vaccines will be required again for ALL arrivals to Thailand

snoop1130

On 1/6/2023 at 1:57 AM, ozimoron said:

China's issue is that they have a low rate of vaccination, hence the hospitals are full right now and the virus is exploding.

I guess oyu're still alive because you're vaccinated?

China has 1.304 billion people vaccinated from a population of 1.448 billion. That's 90%

https://ycharts.com/indicators/china_coronavirus_full_vaccination_rate

• Like 1

On 1/6/2023 at 6:11 PM, ozimoron said:

Who told you they were supposed to give immunity? Educate yourself before spreading misinformation.

One of the new regulations is if you have had Covid in the last 6 months you dont need to be double vaccinated, just a letter from your doctor confirming it so they are obviously confirming that infection gives you a 6 month immunity!

FYI tests have shown that some people have antibodies up to 18 months!

• Thanks 2

12 minutes ago, Sametboy2019 said:

One of the new regulations is if you have had Covid in the last 6 months you dont need to be double vaccinated, just a letter from your doctor confirming it so they are obviously confirming that infection gives you a 6 month immunity!

Antibodies are not just for immunity. You need to provide a link. My understanding is that doctors don't know how long the antibodies last. I would question the 18 month limit. Don't make such factual claims unless you are prepared to provide a link to support your claim.

A typical angry comment on the TAT’s Hong Kong page: 泰國官方可否賠償因為政策突變而構成嘅機票、酒店以及因此而浪費之金錢及時間之損失 (Can the Thai government compensate for the loss of air tickets, hotels, and the money and time wasted due to policy changes?)

https://twitter.com/RichardBarrow/status/1611903206766018563

• Haha 2

On 1/6/2023 at 4:13 PM, ozimoron said:

They have banned them from China. Thailand simply didn't want to be seen by China as targeting that country. The new variants are exploding in other countries as well so Thailand is getting ahead of the curve on both fronts. It's quite a rational response.

Other countries are requiring negative Covid tests for people coming from China.  I've not heard of any other country which requires only proof of vaccination. Thailand is out on a limb here.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, brewsterbudgen said:

Other countries are requiring negative Covid tests for people coming from China.  I've not heard of any other country which requires only proof of vaccination. Thailand is out on a limb here.

I agree with you. I never suggested that proof of vaccination was enough but it's better than the "nothing" which many anti vaxxers advocate. I think both vaccinations and a negative test is prudent.

• Haha 1

On 1/6/2023 at 4:21 PM, George Aylesham said:

Visitors applying for a Schengen visa must have medical insurance - why  not Thailand? At least it would reduce the endless requests for crowdfunding to pay the hospital fees for the uninsured.

Nothing wrong with medical insurance. What I object too is giving money to a useless Thai insurance on top of my more than adequate worldwide coverage.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

On 1/5/2023 at 10:33 PM, rabang said:

Restrictions do not attract people, even if they can comply with them. I will stay away for now. Thank you Thailand for making my decision easier as I won't play with your silly rules.

They dont care now they know the Chinese will compensate. 

• Like 2

On 1/5/2023 at 8:47 PM, matchar said:

The key word is SHOULD. People should not listen to government suggestions but decide for themselves.

Wearing a mask is not compulsory.

People waffle on about personal responsibility but somehow think that responsibility to others is not important.

• Thanks 1

Do they accept 

On 1/5/2023 at 10:12 PM, Etaoin Shrdlu said:

Sure hope so. Can't postpone the trip.

I have both the Mor Phrom app on my phone showing three vaccinations plus the yellow booklet issued by the MoH here showing same.

Will they accept a print out from the Mor Phrom app?

How do you get the yellow booklet?

55 minutes ago, 2009 said:

Do they accept 

Will they accept a print out from the Mor Phrom app?

How do you get the yellow booklet?

I think a printout from the Mor Phrom app will be ok. I also think they will probably be ok with a look at vaccination certificate on the app itself.

I obtained the DDC MoH yellow Covid-19 booklet at MedPark Hospital when I received my booster back in March last year.  Here's a link from Bumrungrad on how to obtain the certificate:  https://www.bumrungrad.com/PDF-en/info_visit_00312_en

• Thumbs Up 1

I thought it was said that the airlines will check for vaccination certificates at check in, did that change?

Just read it a again in the BP which quotes CAAT and says the airlines are responsible for ensuring passengers have been vaccinated, from 1 am Monday...no jab, no travel.

Edited by nigelforbes
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, nigelforbes said:

I thought it was said that the airlines will check for vaccination certificates at check in, did that change?

Just read it a again in the BP which quotes CAAT and says the airlines are responsible for ensuring passengers have been vaccinated, from 1 am Monday...no jab, no travel.

Certain airlines are not checking.  It's all in the latest tweets above.

• Like 1

https://twitter.com/RichardBarrow/status/1611950330740371457

Letter from the Phuket Tourist Association highlighting complaints from tour agents from around the world about new entry rules: [1] There should have been advance notice because most customers are already travelling and may not have brought a vaccination certificate..

[2] There is concern that customers who are not vaccinated will not be able to travel and the travel agency must refund. [3] There is no official announcement from the Thai government. Travel agencies tried to find information from the official website but couldn’t find anything
[3] There is no official announcement from the Thai government. Travel agencies tried to find information from the official website but couldn’t find anything

[4] Travel agencies are unable to notify customers in time for vaccination certificate checks. It was announced on Saturday and takes effect on Monday.

[5] The Thai government's new measures do not allow tourists to request a refund from the airline if they are denied travel. This has caused problems for travel agencies and their customers.

[6] The tour operators want to obtain the official documents and regulations from the government rather than from reading about it in the media, which can often be confusing and misleading.

Edited by anchadian
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

5 hours ago, Sametboy2019 said:

Or someone sees a covid infection in the previous 6 months as equivalent to a double vaccination whenever before. Nothing gives you immunity... you don't know that yet? 

4 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

Or someone sees a covid infection in the previous 6 months as equivalent to a double vaccination whenever before. Nothing gives you immunity... you don't know that yet? 

Vaccines give better and longer protection from serious illness than infections from covid infection.

link posted previously.