Proof of Covid vaccines will be required again for ALL arrivals to Thailand

snoop1130

Thai Business Operators Submit Complaints Against New Tourist Covid-19 Vaccine Entry Requirements

Tourism business operators and associations are directly petitioning the #Thailand Prime Minister and Health Minister to change or repeal new vaccine documentation requirements for all tourists, claiming it will heavily hurt tourism.

https://thepattayanews.com/2023/01/08/thai-business-operators-submit-complaints-against-new-tourist-covid-19-vaccine-entry-requirements/

• Like 1

Still no news from deputy government spokesperson @ttraisuree

why she deleted this tweet about the new entry rules for flights landing in #Thailand tomorrow morning. Has the order been revoked? Is it being amended? There’s still no word from the TAT about what is going on.

https://twitter.com/RichardBarrow/status/1612011340608176129

BREAKING: Transport Minister Saksayam on Sun amended Civil Aviation Authority regulation requiring foreigners entering #Thailand who will return to a country with COVID screening to possess #COVID19 insurance for their stay plus 7 days with coverage worth 10,000 US dollars. #KE

https://twitter.com/KhaosodEnglish/status/1612033467415687169

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, anchadian said:

BREAKING: Transport Minister Saksayam on Sun amended Civil Aviation Authority regulation requiring foreigners entering #Thailand who will return to a country with COVID screening to possess #COVID19 insurance for their stay plus 7 days with coverage worth 10,000 US dollars. #KE

https://twitter.com/KhaosodEnglish/status/1612033467415687169

Only for those whose next destination requires a negative Covid test, right? Not really "breaking"!

Edited by brewsterbudgen
  • Love It 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

14 hours ago, VBF said:

In the UK it was 2 initial doses, then 2 boosters, given by the age of the patient (oldest first). My most recent one (Moderna) was 26 September 2022 - all 4 are shown on my NHS Covid Pass.

If you've had 2 boosters on top of the initial 2 doses then that would be considered 4 doses. As it stands, the information provided, simply states 2 doses for the majority of vaccines, not 4 doses. That's not to say things might change in the next few hours, though.

Also, the requirement is for a certificate, not an NHS Covid Pass. Basically, you can still have an original certificate of your vaccinations without the need of an NHS Covid Pass.

Further update: I've just logged into my NHS app and asked for a new Covid Pass and was given one based solely on my first 2 jabs. It now expires on 7 July 2023. So you can still get an NHS Covid Pass if you've only had 2 jabs.

Edited by Senior Player
  • Like 1

URGENT UPDATE: Unvaccinated tourists can now fly to #Thailand without being refused boarding due to a last minute update to the latest Notice to Airmen (Notam).

See Point 5 in THREAD for full details.

https://twitter.com/RichardBarrow/status/1612043311380062218

But, they will have to test on arrival.

https://twitter.com/ThaiNewsReports/status/1612048638930477056

Edited by anchadian
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

President of Thai Tourism Marketing Association Opposed to New Vaccine Requirements for Tourists, Meetings Scheduled with PM

Thai Tourism Associations and groups are planning to meet with the #Thai Prime Minister Tuesday and Wednesday of this week to urge him to repeal new vaccine entry requirements for tourists.

https://thepattayanews.com/2023/01/08/president-of-thai-tourism-marketing-association-opposed-to-new-vaccine-requirements-for-tourists-meetings-scheduled-with-pm/

On 1/7/2023 at 8:13 AM, Bkk Brian said:

Yes I have read it  on the gov web site and also cross referenced it. The facts I stated are  correct and are shocking. More yellow card have been raised than all other medications added together. Swine flu vaccine was pulled with a fraction of yellow cards. There is also the fact that it is estimated that only 10% of injuries are ever reported. I can also go on about the recorded excess deaths we are  seeing in the uk, eu and usa obviously it's not related to the vax!!! There are 2 countries which are lucky not to be showing any excess deaths Canada and New Zealand!!!! These are facts not fiction.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

41 minutes ago, BritScot said:

Yes I have read it  on the gov web site and also cross referenced it. The facts I stated are  correct and are shocking. More yellow card have been raised than all other medications added together. Swine flu vaccine was pulled with a fraction of yellow cards. There is also the fact that it is estimated that only 10% of injuries are ever reported. I can also go on about the recorded excess deaths we are  seeing in the uk, eu and usa obviously it's not related to the vax!!! There are 2 countries which are lucky not to be showing any excess deaths Canada and New Zealand!!!! These are facts not fiction.

Why do you think swine flu vaccines produced less yellow card reports?

32 minutes ago, BritScot said:

Because it did and it was pulled!!!!

6 million were given out and then it was stopped because of occasionally causing sleep disorder . Consequently less yellow cards reported. More than 52 million in the UK have received covid vaccine. Yellow cards have not produced concerns that it needs to be stopped.

Looks like its working as it should:

"For all COVID-19 vaccines, the overwhelming majority of reports relate to injection-site reactions (sore arm for example) and generalised symptoms such as ‘flu-like’ illness, headache, chills, fatigue (tiredness), nausea (feeling sick), fever, dizziness, weakness, aching muscles, and rapid heartbeat. Generally, these happen shortly after the vaccination and are not associated with more serious or lasting illness.

These types of reactions reflect the normal immune response triggered by the body to the vaccines."

Edited by Bkk Brian
  • Like 1

On 1/7/2023 at 6:02 PM, ukrules said:

You're missing the  point - people aren't going to know about this requirement until they are turned away from the check in desk - just watch what happens on Monday.

Maybe I'm wrong but I expect chaos.

Well there we are, total chaos at airports around the world, passengers who had never heard of this rule being denied boarding at multiple airports and they have now rescinded the regulation.

That didn't take long, did it?

• Thumbs Up 1

On 1/7/2023 at 10:24 PM, MicroB said:

OK, if they had restrictions they had a time limit since the vaccine was administered, but as they don't have restrictions it's a moot point for now.

NB.  I didn't look at all your links, but the EU wide and Israel ones indicated this pattern.