Harry has turned against military, says ex-commander

Scott

Prince Harry

A retired commanding officer has accused Prince Harry of "turning against" his military family after "having trashed his birth family".

In his memoir, the Duke of Sussex describes killing 25 Taliban fighters in Afghanistan as "chess pieces taken off the board".

Ex-colonel Tim Collins said that was "not how you behave in the army".

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-64185176

BBC.jpg

6 hours ago, Credo said:

His insight and honesty is refreshing.  He has served his country and his Queen.  An admirable person.  

LOL. How does trashing his family serve the Queen ( the royal family )?

He did serve in the military and had the respect of most for it. His wedding had people queuing for days to cheer the carriage. Yet all that good will gone in a couple of years. This poster has no doubts as to who was responsible, and it's not Charles or William, or their wives.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

7 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

He did serve in the military and had the respect of most for it. His wedding had people queuing for days to cheer the carriage. Yet all that good will gone in a couple of years. This poster has no doubts as to who was responsible, and it's not Charles or William, or their wives.

He served THE QUEEN.  He respected her, and he has not spoken poorly about her.  She is the Head of State, his military service was in her name.  

He had no use or purpose in the Royal Family.  He had no ability to go anywhere.  He has no real role.  He will never be king and as long as he stayed in the firm, he would be locked into the role he had.  He never chose the role, it was by virtue of birth.  Like many of the 'spares', like Andrew and Margaret, they did not fare well.   

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, Credo said:

He served THE QUEEN.  He respected her, and he has not spoken poorly about her.  She is the Head of State, his military service was in her name.  

He had no use or purpose in the Royal Family.  He had no ability to go anywhere.  He has no real role.  He will never be king and as long as he stayed in the firm, he would be locked into the role he had.  He never chose the role, it was by virtue of birth.  Like many of the 'spares', like Andrew and Margaret, they did not fare well.   

So, hasn't he become a hero for his service to his country (and for the killing of some Talies)? 

17 hours ago, Credo said:

His insight and honesty is refreshing.  He has served his country and his Queen.  An admirable person.  

That would make me an admirable person as well.

I served QE II in the RAF for 25 years in the RAF from 1960 to 1984.

To me he comes across as a whiney spoilt brat who is big enough and old enough to make his own mistakes without blaming anybody else.

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-64197679

He claims to have only cried once after his mothers death. Why did he not cry in the privacy of his own home when he was on his own?

Is he the only person in the world to have lost his mother?

He supposedly had a fight with his brother and his necklace got broken.

What brothers don't fight each other sometimes?

What I have noticed is that all these claims etc are the ones that he makes. None of the other members of the Royal Family respond to it.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Credo said:

How about his grandfather George Vl, who was also a spare, yet became King George Vl in 1936 when his brother Edward Vlll abdicated?

Or even his Aunt Anne and Uncle Edward who were also Spares. I don't remember either of them whining about that.

Yet Anne and Edward carried on and did their duties without complaint.

He supposedly wants reconciliation with his father and brother and if he does this is probably the worst way to go about it.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, billd766 said:

How about his grandfather George Vl, who was also a spare, yet became King George Vl in 1936 when his brother Edward Vlll abdicated?

Or even his Aunt Anne and Uncle Edward who were also Spares. I don't remember either of them whining about that.

Yet Anne and Edward carried on and did their duties without complaint.

He supposedly wants reconciliation with his father and brother and if he does this is probably the worst way to go about it.

Well, first, thank you for your service to your Queen and country.  Second, I do agree that he comes across as a bit whiny, but a lot of that is because it's hard to relate to anyone from a life of such extreme privilege being upset by anything.   

I suspect it's not really fair to equate the loss of his mother to anyone else's loss of a parent.  At the time, he was of a pretty tender age, and it always seemed from what I saw in photos and on video clips that he had a very special relationship with his mother.  Diana had only two children, an heir and a spare.  He really had only a brother to compare himself to, whereas the queen's children had others to figure out their role in the family and in the Firm.  

William, being the heir, was treated differently.  His path was clear to him.  I suspect the family went to great extents to see that he stayed on the straight and narrow and gave him all the encouragement he needed to fulfill his role.  Harry really had no role.  He was the understudy for the great performance.  He appears to be sensitive and his feelings have mostly manifested in behavior that is more negative -- his military service was certainly more intense than most royals.  He was in the trenches, so to speak, he seemed to relate well to ordinary soldiers.  When left to his own endeavors, he was a bit of a party animal.  William, on the other hand, was much more restrained.  He even married 'right'.   

Make no mistake.  I admire the royal family.  I think William is an upstanding guy and will one day make a superb king.  It's a family drama playing out in public view.  

I think it's hard to always know you will b 2nd fiddle to your brother.  I know families where this sort of thing has happened, and it doesn't usually go well.  I think the loss of his mother and watching everyone flock to support his brother was more painful for him than many expect.  

I wish him and his family the very best, and I hope one day they will be on cordial terms.   I also believe that the passing of the Queen has made that more difficult.  The family matriarch held that family together.  

On 1/7/2023 at 8:25 PM, Credo said:

On 1/8/2023 at 2:52 AM, thaibeachlovers said:

I was presuming that @Credowas, umh, extracting the urine?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, JonnyF said:

Tim Collins is right.

But he has not only turned against the military. He has turned against his own family and his nation. His wife has managed to isolate him out in California and now he is fully under the control of the narcissist.

Unfortunately, he lacks the intelligence required to see this.

IMO he sees it, but doesn't know how to get out of it without losing one side or the other. Crawl back to the royals and lose his child, or lose his royal family. Not a choice I'd like to make.

On 1/8/2023 at 2:52 AM, thaibeachlovers said:

How does trashing Harry and Meghan serve the monarchy. Who started this?

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, billd766 said:

Harry is now becoming a laughing stock and the butt of many jokes worldwide.

I don't think that he has realised, or thought through the possible causes of his actions.

I doubt that any of those things factored into his calculations. I think he's just motivated to tell the truth about his life. Nothing else makes sense.

• Like 1

Prince Harry defended his decision to publish a memoir that lays bare rifts inside Britain’s royal family, saying it’s an attempt to “own my story” after 38 years of “spin and distortion” by others.

https://apnews.com/article/entertainment-united-kingdom-prince-harry-books-and-literature-nonfiction-7082bf624e4b43826d0cc39ce69f961f

3 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

I doubt that any of those things factored into his calculations. I think he's just motivated to tell the truth about his life. Nothing else makes sense.

Agreed, it seems to have been all in or nothing. Have to say I don't agree it was right to reveal how many Taliban he killed and some other details but he has. Shame really. I guess with his father giving interviews admitting having an affair followed by Diana giving her bombshell interviews this would also have been a trigger for him to do the same but go all in.

Prince Harry's 'self-destructive' behaviour could be sign of PTSD - and he should be protected, says Army veteran

Prince Harry's "self-destructive" behaviour could be influenced by post-traumatic stress disorder, according to a retired colonel who has also suffered with the condition.

Philip Ingram said he recognises many of his former traits in the duke's demeanour and that he physically "shivered" when he saw some of his recent interviews.

"I'm seeing a troubled individual and an individual that needs help, not someone who should be continuously criticised in the way he is being."

https://news.sky.com/story/prince-harrys-self-destructive-behaviour-could-be-sign-of-ptsd-and-he-should-be-protected-says-army-veteran-12781533

• Like 2

Prince Harry also wrote in his new autobiography about how his service in the British military saved his life, telling Cooper in the sitdown interview that he was able to find normalcy during his tenure. 

“Got me out of the spotlight from the– from the U.K. press. I was able to focus on a purpose larger than myself, to be wearing the same uniform as everybody else, to feel normal for the first time in my life,” Harry told Cooper, noting what he considered to be major accomplishments such as training to become an Apache helicopter pilot. 

https://thehill.com/blogs/in-the-know/3804895-five-things-to-know-from-prince-harrys-new-book/

6 hours ago, Bkk Brian said:

Agreed, it seems to have been all in or nothing. Have to say I don't agree it was right to reveal how many Taliban he killed and some other details but he has. Shame really. I guess with his father giving interviews admitting having an affair followed by Diana giving her bombshell interviews this would also have been a trigger for him to do the same but go all in.

Prince Harry's 'self-destructive' behaviour could be sign of PTSD - and he should be protected, says Army veteran

Prince Harry's "self-destructive" behaviour could be influenced by post-traumatic stress disorder, according to a retired colonel who has also suffered with the condition.

Philip Ingram said he recognises many of his former traits in the duke's demeanour and that he physically "shivered" when he saw some of his recent interviews.

"I'm seeing a troubled individual and an individual that needs help, not someone who should be continuously criticised in the way he is being."

https://news.sky.com/story/prince-harrys-self-destructive-behaviour-could-be-sign-of-ptsd-and-he-should-be-protected-says-army-veteran-12781533

But if he needs or wants help, then he is the one who has to seek it out.

My advice would be to tread very carefully and find a very trusted person to act as an intermediary. Also, never reveal to anybody what he is doing, even to Meghan, as I suspect that she would sell it and him to the press without a second thought.

Perhaps his family could hep, but he would have some fences to mend first.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, ozimoron said:

His truth.

Not THE truth.

Big difference.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, billd766 said:

But if he needs or wants help, then he is the one who has to seek it out.

My advice would be to tread very carefully and find a very trusted person to act as an intermediary. Also, never reveal to anybody what he is doing, even to Meghan, as I suspect that she would sell it and him to the press without a second thought.

Perhaps his family could hep, but he would have some fences to mend first.

Speaking of selling stories to the press as you were:

Prince Harry has accused the royal family of being complicit in his wife Meghan’s anguish, claiming his stepmother Camilla, the queen consort, had leaked private conversations to the media in order to burnish her own reputation.

In interviews broadcast Sunday, Harry accused members of the royal family of getting “into bed with the devil” to gain favorable tabloid coverage, singling out Camilla’s efforts to rehabilitate her image with the British people after her longtime affair with his father, now King Charles III.

https://apnews.com/article/prince-harry-book-meghan-royals-4141be64bcd1521d1d5cf0f9b65e20b5

• Haha 1