Thailand entry requirements cause anger and complaints !

Social Media

1 minute ago, Banana7 said:

Lots of people who don't qualify for the new entry requirements have already paid for their trip to Thailand and haven't arrived yet. So now they will have to cancel.

Latest amendment - if you can't prove vaccinated, test on arrival.

As usual no further details re if test positive etc.

• Like 1

I bet this will hurt nothing.  There is no date requirement on the vaccines.  Over 85% of Chinese have been vaccinated with Sinovac or similar China vaccines.  Most of these were probably well over a year ago maybe 2 years,  but they can still come here no problem.  

The airlines are responsible for all this prior to boarding there apparently will not be Thai authorities at the airport here checking anything.

The whole scenario sounds very loose to me, I doubt very few will cancel at all.

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, Salerno said:

Latest amendment - if you can't prove vaccinated, test on arrival.

As usual no further details re if test positive etc.

I haven't seen the amendment. So will airlines allow non vaccinated passengers to travel?

2 minutes ago, mikeymike100 said:

I haven't seen the amendment. So will airlines allow non vaccinated passengers to travel?

Yes according to the latest point 5 of the restrictions:

5. The airlines must check the documents as required. If passenger fails to produce document proving these requirements are met, the passenger is subjected to be tested at the port of arrival.

Richard Barrow is pretty good at updating these types of things, might be worth checking now and then if more than just curious, chances are he'll be one of the first fairly reliable sources to publish:

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Salerno said:

Yes according to the latest point 5 of the restrictions:

5. The airlines must check the documents as required. If passenger fails to produce document proving these requirements are met, the passenger is subjected to be tested at the port of arrival.

Richard Barrow is pretty good at updating these types of things, might be worth checking now and then if more than just curious, chances are he'll be one of the first fairly reliable sources to publish:

Thanks for that. So this must mean on arriving in Thailand the authorities will be checking documentation, for vacccinations?

Just now, mikeymike100 said:

So this must mean on arriving in Thailand the authorities will be checking documentation, for vacccinations?

Another thing they haven't clarified 555

Airline to check at departure airport but no mention of how/if they will forward details of passengers without vax/proof of recovery certs.

Allegedly it will be random testing according to one of the agents on here:

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Salerno said:

Pretty sure that's what will happen and then quietly dropped altogether. The Thai version of the instructions seems much more like "may be tested" than "will be tested".  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Salerno said:

Another thing they haven't clarified 555

Airline to check at departure airport but no mention of how/if they will forward details of passengers without vax/proof of recovery certs.

I just saw that. Its getting weirder by the minute/hour? I can't imagine what the airlines think of this ever changing clown show?

• Like 1

Just now, mikeymike100 said:

I just saw that. Its getting weirder by the minute/hour? I can't imagine what the airlines think of this ever changing clown show?

Stumbled over an old article, yesterday I think it was, about British Airways delaying restarting flights to Bangkok until March this year and rerouting to Singapore instead. They where due to restart last October. Bet they're having a little chuckle to themselves with this fiasco going on.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, whiteman said:

What happens if one or 2 passengers are positive on arrival do they quarantine all passengers on the same flight??

Right, there is no mention of what happens? Its hard to comprehend that the Thai authorities have cobbled all this mess together, just to make sure they don't annoy China?

Thailand must think its worth it, I bet the airlines don't?????

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, whiteman said:

What happens if one or 2 passengers are positive on arrival do they quarantine all passengers on the same flight??

There's been no mention of quarantine and no specifics of what, if anything, will happen to someone with a positive test.