Reporting a guest ??

Going by the book, every guest of foreign nationality in your home should be reported to immigration. However, I would agree with @DrJack54. As it is only two weeks and she would normally not have anything to do with immigration, there will be very small, to no risk, in skipping it.

• Like 1

It would all depend on what address she puts on her arrival card. If she puts your address then do a TM30 to cover your backside. I've got a friend that runs a guest house/B&B, which is part of his private residence, and he had some friends visit from Canada. They put his address on their arrival cards and Immigration paid them a visit. No TM30 was submitted by my friend as he didn't believe it was necessary. Unfortunately he was fined for failure to notify re foreigners staying at his place. This occurred about 2 months ago.

Edited by TigerandDog
additional information
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

8 minutes ago, TigerandDog said:

It would all depend on what address she puts on her arrival card. If she puts your address then do a TM30 to cover your backside. I've got a friend that runs a guest house/B&B, which is part of his private residence, and he had some friends visit from Canada. They put his address on their arrival cards and Immigration paid them a visit. No TM30 was submitted by my friend as he didn't believe it was necessary. Unfortunately he was fined for failure to notify re foreigners staying at his place. This occurred about 2 months ago.

A running a guesthouse is a business.  Furthermore, there is no need to fill in the arrival card anymore.  Theoretically, by law, the house owner must report the guest staying at his house.  But there is always some leeway, especially when you don't need to deal with immigration office later.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, TigerandDog said:

It would all depend on what address she puts on her arrival card. If she puts your address then do a TM30 to cover your backside

Currently arrival card at airports is suspended.

As for your friends experience of being fined after a visit was paid to the address written on arrival card, I find that amazing.

Never heard of that ever. 

For most tourists that address means maybe first nights stay or just a nonsense address such as Nana Hotel soi 4

• Thumbs Up 1

15 minutes ago, TigerandDog said:

Oooops, does that mean I should apologise to the hotel I put on the TM6 for years even though I wasn't staying there ????‍♂️

• Haha 2

For what it's worth, I was over in Trat yesterday doing my marriage extension, ????????

and asked there, yes my wife must report her But, what I was unaware of, that it can be done at the sub-immigration office on Koh Chang easy, had it been in Trat I wouldn't go, 

20 hours ago, Kopitiam said:

A running a guesthouse is a business.  Furthermore, there is no need to fill in the arrival card anymore.  Theoretically, by law, the house owner must report the guest staying at his house.  But there is always some leeway, especially when you don't need to deal with immigration office later.

two months ago there was no arrival cards issued unless you did a land border crossing, been that way for quite awhile now, I came in September and not required then

It is the obligation of the house owner to report a foreigner  in there house within 24 hours . That is a TM30 

Failure to do so can invite a 2000 baht fine 

Go and read the rules Dr Jack 

Edited by itsari
  • Haha 1