This year I am turning 50

Celsius

Life become easier even my body says its getting harder!

My best years ever after 50, even I have done it all, and I mean everything. Nothing left on my have to do before I die list, and what a relief! 

Edited by Hummin

7 minutes ago, decline said:

I'm the exact opposite

isn't that also known as pedophilia?

7 minutes ago, decline said:
  8 hours ago, Celsius said:

Actually, I was attracted to 40 year old women since I was 13

Edited by n00dle

2 hours ago, GinBoy2 said:

Enjoy you 50's in Thailand, but get to your 60's then the dynamic can change and repatriation can kinda figure in your decision making process

Yeah, having been here since 22, I am starting to think I won't be living here at 60.

Nothing wrong with a few months holiday here though

1 hour ago, 2009 said:

Yeah, having been here since 22, I am starting to think I won't be living here at 60.

Nothing wrong with a few months holiday here though

I also have been here since 22 yrs old, currently in my 40’s... and am of a very similar mindset.

I’d be nice to have a house here and the UK... Summers in the UK, winters in Thailand. 

One of the concerns I have is medical care - If I want decent medical care in Thailand its going to become very costly... the balance of course is that medical care in the UK is becoming rather awful... they’re good a keeping you alive, but not so good at getting you that knee or hip operations quickly (the bloke across the road from my folks has needed a knee op for over 2 years - he’s unable to leave the house alone...  Thats just a road to the end... he’d otherwise be walking his dog, meeting others in the community, driving to his clubs etc.

I’d say good medical care take a strong priority in many choices... but as does standard of living...

Is the standard of living better in Thailand ??...   it can be cheaper, but I’m not sure about a better standard unless we are still paying western prices.

16 hours ago, Celsius said:

Are there any actual advantages to turning 50. I kno in Thailand that automatically turns me into a handsome man, but is there anything else I should look forward to?

Isn't that enough? You won't even be looked at by 20 year old girls in your country, unless it's with disdain.

I'd love to be turning 50. Enjoy it while it lasts, and it will end too soon.

3 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

Is the standard of living better in Thailand ??...   it can be cheaper, but I’m not sure about a better standard unless we are still paying western prices.

Rats to standard of living. Just living there is better, even with a lesser "standard".

Can stick western "standard of living" where the sun don't shine when it comes with too many petty regulations, astronomical cost of anywhere to live in/ cost of living, rotten bureaucracy, violence, out of control youth crime etc etc etc.

6 hours ago, Walker88 said:

'Do not go gentle into that good night

Rage, rage against the dying of the light'

Life in a western country is so all about greed and money now that being poor really sucks.

I'm hardly going to rage against it, but rather welcome it as a good friend to usher me over to a better existence.

Of course, one has to believe in that "better existence" for that to work, and I pity those that think they enter oblivion at the end.

Quit lying to this guy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  hahhahahahhahahhhahahaha

50 means, IF you are in amazing shape, you have 10 more productive years of your life.  maximum.  all exercise at 50 is half what it was at 20, but at 60 it will really approach zero levels.  This means you will look old to everyone.  lol.

50's is where you get depressed, mid-life crisis, mortality, forget stuff, walk into stuff.....doomed.

50's is where people think you are 50.  sure, one might think 30 and one might think 40, but 99% know near 50.

50's is where you are the oldest person in the room.

50's is where you might need pills from the hospital or you die.

50's is the last remining time to do anything..............................and odds are low you will if you haven't already.  

enjoy!!!!    lol.   

• Haha 1

22 hours ago, Celsius said:

I have nightmares about this. The age I used to laugh at everyone and think how smelly they are. Karma.

Are there any actual advantages to turning 50. I kno in Thailand that automatically turns me into a handsome man, but is there anything else I should look forward to?

Congratulations. 

Please don't start acting like an old man.  Just because you are 50 doesn't mean you have to forgo fashion, wearing shorts and sandals might be comfortable but have some self respect please and don't dress like that.

Try to keep your abdomen flat, there is not excuse for giving up on looking good and letting yourself get fat.

Please, pluck your eyebrows, ears and nose.  There is no excuse for wild unkempt eyebrow hairs etc   
Also remember that waxing is your friend and unslightly body hair is gross.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Freddy42OZ said:

wearing shorts and sandals might be comfortable but have some self respect

When I turned 10 I wondered why people tell others how to dress.   Nobody should have the right to tell others how to dress.  Nobody.  Free world.  I've seen billionaires wear shorts, do they have no self respect????  I've seen pedophiles wear pants.   

It's these posts that make me go out and buy 10000000000000000000 pairs of sandals.   hahahhhahhahahaah

14 minutes ago, Freddy42OZ said:

Congratulations. 

Please don't start acting like an old man.  Just because you are 50 doesn't mean you have to forgo fashion, wearing shorts and sandals might be comfortable but have some self respect please and don't dress like that.

Try to keep your abdomen flat, there is not excuse for giving up on looking good and letting yourself get fat.

Please, pluck your eyebrows, ears and nose.  There is no excuse for wild unkempt eyebrow hairs etc   
Also remember that waxing is your friend and unslightly body hair is gross.

You play the other team?

13 hours ago, Walker88 said:

If you are disciplined, 50 is nothing. I've seen men---precious few, admittedly---in their 50s and 60s who look like early 40s. They haven't given in to gravity and beer, but instead still hit the gym, limit vices (the bad vices, not the fun ones so readily available to 'han sum' men), and seem as if they still have plenty of time to enjoy existence before climbing into the box.

Exercise has multiple benefits, not the least of which is looking good. Resistance training makes the body produce more testosterone and HGH, which not only slows aging, but also keeps the carnal fires burning. It promotes calcium absorption in bones to keep them strong. If you're in shape, and not carrying around an extra 25 kgs on the belly like a seeming majority of expats in Thailand, you'll put less strain on your back and on joints, so fewer aches and pains.

Nobody beats Father Time, but with effort and discipline one can postpone the inevitable. And since you won't undergo menopause, you can/will be as frisky as you were at age 18, and just as fertile (should the need arise).

Ideally you want to maximize your healthspan, then just fall off a cliff at the end of your life, rather than endure a relentless and protracted period of decline over many years.

Also, take some solace in knowing you were born the right gender.

'Do not go gentle into that good night

Rage, rage against the dying of the light'

Thomas only made it to 39 ironically.