Will i be refused entry.

I am travelling to thailand in a week for not quite two months, now after buying the ticket and gathering all the guff needed for the two month visa i have discovered the consul in my city has closed, now to late to send documents to thai embassy for said visa. my only solution is to come in on visa exempt and extend in thailand .my worry is that the immigration officer will see the return date on my air ticket is longer than the now forty five days, any thoughts or what are the chances. thanks for any reply.

• Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

which consulate closed?

I've not heard of anyone being denied boarding (its usually airline that checks), so it "should" be ok, of course a visa would stop you worrying, just get your story straight, maybe book a flight out of Thailand, cancelable flight

Brisbane Australia 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Shop mak said:

Scare mongering, thousands use rent a ticket daily, without problem. Comes with reservation code.

Alternative buy a real ticket online from a low cost carrier to Malaysia, a refundable ticket that one cancel after exit IO.

No problem.

That's because they are real tickets but are eventually cancelled. A clear case of deception. As opposed to sites which offer fake tickets which cannot be confirmed.

Plan those next travels prudently and with honesty in mind. If budget is an issue, perhaps it's time to fatten up that savings account first.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

The check for an onward flight is routinely done by the airline at check in, almost never at immigration. If you have a round trip ticket (regardless of the return date) the question is rarely asked. People who say they are never asked are usually flying on round trip tickets so the check in agent can see you have a departure flight and wouldn't bother to ask.

On a one way ticket into Thailand the question about onward travel is typical. In 9 out of 10 of my one way flights into Thailand in the past 12 months, I was questioned (Scoot was the carrier not asking). I point out my re-entry permit and it's fine, but first they asked about my flight leaving Thailand. Booking a flight or purchasing a ticket on a site like https://onwardticket.com/ is less stressful than dealing with the issue at the check in counter. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

I had the same worry 2 months ago and Air France told me that in case there would be a problem when checking in or on arrival, I would only have to call them and they would instantly change the date of my return ticket. Once in Thailand I would only have to change it back to the original date.

I needed not  doing it. Both at checking in and on arrival, they didn't say anything.

I didn't even have to show my return ticket at immigration when I arrived. It never happened in 10 years and around 20 entries.

1 hour ago, Thomas KH said:

Booking this fake ticket thing online is fraught with risk. Airline software systems are now interconnected with the travel industry's big 3: Amadeus, Galileo and Sabre. A ticket has a confirmation code on it. Querying it will reveal the PNR and booking status- even if a different carrier issued the ticket. And depending on the mood of the check in agent, it's either a simple sorry i can't find your PNR on the system or a walkie talkie call to someone who might end up putting you in hot water.

Onward booking and the like come with a valid pnr… they are cancelled later. Op will likely not get asked in any case since they have a return ticket. Those that get asked at check in are typically one-wayers. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Thomas KH said:

Booking this fake ticket thing online is fraught with risk. Airline software systems are now interconnected with the travel industry's big 3: Amadeus, Galileo and Sabre. A ticket has a confirmation code on it. Querying it will reveal the PNR and booking status- even if a different carrier issued the ticket. And depending on the mood of the check in agent, it's either a simple sorry i can't find your PNR on the system or a walkie talkie call to someone who might end up putting you in hot water.

You obviously don't know how they work as Amadeus, Galileo etc will all show a valid booking.  Refunding a proportion of tickets is built into an airline's operating costs and these agency tickets have been in use for years so no surprises to anyone.

• Like 1

No is good to discuss & hear opinions, Im considering my options at moment; in UK planning to fly back to Phuket next mth sometime, now I have to be back in UK around July/August for a few weeks so Im thinking return tckt frm UK - issue is the length of stay.

I want to do my Retirement visa on age this time around, I was debating same sort of things discussed above. Thinking just take chance about length of trip and if told need a ticket out of LOS would buy a Burner tckt on the day if challenged and needed too.

In all years travelled to & fro to on return tckts Iv only been asked one time about stay exceeding at the time the 30 day visa waiver allowance, explained can obtain extension and that was ok for them. This time offically only way is to do a Visa run, Im thinking just take the chance Im not pulled checking in as consensus on a return tckt they prob not that bothered at check in

11 hours ago, Thomas KH said:

it's either a simple sorry i can't find your PNR on the system or a walkie talkie call to someone who might end up putting you in hot water.

Never ever going to happen.

If Thai immigration was going to do that lines would stretch to Timbuktu. 

Edited by MrJ2U
  • Like 1