Ignore the Naysayers ! Live the dream in Thailand

Social Media

17 minutes ago, KannikaP said:

You do not need ANYTHING deposited in a bank here if you transfer 65k per month from abroad, and you can spend every last satang of it.

Or if your IO allows it, transfer say 50k per month and have just 200k in the bank using the Combination Method

Or just pay an agent wink wink nod nod.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, persimmon said:

Anywhere gets boring if you stay there long enough . Thailand was cheap a few years ago when £ 1 bought 70 + Bt. Not now though .

5-6 months here and the rest back in the UK suits me .

I`d hate to burn all my bridges and be stuck here for the rest of my life . I was lucky ( or unlucky ???? ) enough to chance upon a meeting of expats up here near Udon . It was not a happy occasion . They looked old , tired and generally p*ssed off with life . The Gfs looked even less happy .

Spot on

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

6 hours ago, persimmon said:

Anywhere gets boring if you stay there long enough . Thailand was cheap a few years ago when £ 1 bought 70 + Bt. Not now though .

5-6 months here and the rest back in the UK suits me .

I`d hate to burn all my bridges and be stuck here for the rest of my life . I was lucky ( or unlucky ???? ) enough to chance upon a meeting of expats up here near Udon . It was not a happy occasion . They looked old , tired and generally p*ssed off with life . The Gfs looked even less happy .

Personally I'm easily amused so not bored.

• Like 1
  • Love It 1

I live the dream no matter where I'm at.  Think I got to my 'final' Shangri-La.  Unless I hit the lottery ... then I'll move forward again to a better Shangri-La.

No gas bill, no car payment, and rain water is free ... ????

• Like 1
  • Love It 1

6 hours ago, KhunLA said:

I live the dream no matter where I'm at.  Think I got to my 'final' Shangri-La.  Unless I hit the lottery ... then I'll move forward again to a better Shangri-La.

No gas bill, no car payment, and rain water is free ... ????

There's a better Shangri La than Thailand? Do tell.

6 hours ago, KhunLA said:

On Topic .... Thailand is what you bring with you, or leave behind.  It's simply a location, you make a dream or a nightmare.

Hardly.

If you are an old fella ( 50+ ) try getting a lovely 20 year old girlfriend in a woke western country, unless Mick Jagger or similar.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

There's a better Shangri La than Thailand? Do tell.

Hit the PowerBall lottery, for 50-100-500 million USD ...

... I'm thinking, buy my own private island, where I would actually swim in the surf ????

• Like 1

14 hours ago, KhunLA said:

If I had 2 mill USD, liquid, a very small lottery wins, then Thailand would be in rear view mirror, and never looking back.  Not sure where I'd go, but it wouldn't here.  After 20+ yrs, nothing of interest to keep me here.

Love my life here, but I wouldn't pass up a financial upgrade, along with a location upgrade.  Nomadic till I found a spot, or not.

Might just stay nomadic ... $2 mill - 10 yr - $500+ a day.  That works, so no need to settle in, or settle for, any place.

I've lived in many countries, but none had the "appeal" of Thailand. The only equivalent I've heard of is the Philippines, but apparently very violent, so wouldn't want to live there if Thailand available. Heard bad things about Cambodian beaches so that's out.

Western countries- never even an option.

It's Thailand by default.

• Like 1

On 1/12/2023 at 4:11 PM, Shop mak said:

If or when life get to boring here in Thailand, I take a few months in Cambodia or Phillipines.

That always set my head straight, and I return to Thailand, with a fresh pair of rose tinted glasses. And love every day for yet another year.

Highly recommended.

I got a 7-year-itch living in Thailand. Pulled up stakes, moved to Mexico. I couldn't get my burgeoning bottom back to LOS fast enough!

• Like 1