Retirement Visa

On 1/14/2023 at 9:39 AM, Tuvoc said:

Here we go from my email correspondence back then:

The cost for a Retirement Visa for 15 Months is at THB 38,000 and Retirement Visa for 12 Months the price is at THB 26,000.

WOW. Use agent and costs me just under 8000 each year for extension renewal. Maybe those prices for original

On 1/13/2023 at 10:44 AM, Eddie45 said:

Thanks for the info. I read that the first time you get a retirement visa  (extension to non O based on retirement) its for 15 months and also read on the forum that when you renew your retirement visa its always around your birthday. Is the first retirement for 15 months, the renewal upto your birthday on the following years and every renewal after that from your birthday to birthday.

The visa extension period has nothing to do with your birthday. Probably it is swapped with the validity of a driving lisence

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Dazinoz said:

WOW. Use agent and costs me just under 8000 each year for extension renewal. Maybe those prices for original

8000 is a great price. The agents I know in Pattaya are 12.5k and 12.9k and the 12 month extension is issued by the local office Can I ask where you get 8k it seems very cheap.

28 minutes ago, jimn said:

8000 is a great price. The agents I know in Pattaya are 12.5k and 12.9k and the 12 month extension is issued by the local office Can I ask where you get 8k it seems very cheap.

Chiang Mai and its been less than 8000 last few years.

• Haha 1

47 minutes ago, Dazinoz said:

May I ask what you do get for that 8000 THB?

Do they also do the Bank Letters at the Bank or do you have to do that yourself?

Edit: I am paying 2100 THB (1900 THB IO and 200 THB bank) and last extension took me from 10:00 (leaving home) to just before 13:00 (leaving IO) (including doing some shopping and eating lunch) (IO took 20-25 minutes only)

I am just curious what paying 5900 THB extra will get me.

Edited by MJCM
Typos

10 minutes ago, MJCM said:

Presumably no need to meet financial requirements however that will be more than 5900 extra.

BTW your bank letter should be 100baht.

Which bank charges 200b 

15 minutes ago, MJCM said:

May I ask what you do get for that 8000 THB?

Do they also do the Bank Letters at the Bank or do you have to do that yourself?

Edit: I am paying 2100 THB (1900 THB IO and 200 THB bank) and last extension took me from 10:00 (leaving home) to just before 13:00 (leaving IO) (including doing some shopping and eating lunch) (IO took 20-25 minutes only)

They do it all Up to you if you want to do it yourself and up to me how I spend my money. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Dazinoz said:

May I ask what is funny Dr Javk54?

There are various services provided by agents throughout Thailand.

That ranges from "hand holding" which is basically organizing documents etc.

The client actually meets the financial requirements.

Right through to agent service where client has no funds in Thai bank etc.

The cheapest extensions without providing financials would be ~12-13k and that would be in Pattaya.

In Bangkok closer to 15k+.

Then someone using CM chimes in with 8k.

Funny. 

1 minute ago, DrJack54 said:

There are various services provided by agents throughout Thailand.

That ranges from "hand holding" which is basically organizing documents etc.

The client actually meets the financial requirements.

Right through to agent service where client has no funds in Thai bank etc.

The cheapest extensions without providing financials would be ~12-13k and that would be in Pattaya.

In Bangkok closer to 15k+.

Then someone using CM chimes in with 8k.

Funny. 

Really can’t see how is funny but thee are all types in here. 

I do everything legal and meet all requirements so cheaper than other ways. 

1 minute ago, Dazinoz said:

I do everything legal and meet all requirements so cheaper than other ways.

Vague answer.

Do you follow the financial requirements?

Meaning 800k in Thai bank account in your name only 2 months prior to application for extension then maintained for 3 months after then not lower than 400k and back up to 800k prior to next application.

Simple question. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DrJack54 said:

Presumably no need to meet financial requirements however that will be more than 5900 extra.

BTW your bank letter should be 100baht.

Which bank charges 200b 

2 Letters

1- 3 or 6 month statement

2- The Usual Bank Letter

Edited by MJCM
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Dazinoz said:

They do it all Up to you if you want to do it yourself and up to me how I spend my money. 

Of course up 2 you how you spend your money, but I am just curious.

As you say, they do it all does it also mean you don't have to go to the Bank to get the Bank Letters and they do that for you and you just around at home waiting?

3 minutes ago, MJCM said:

As you say, they do it all does it also mean you don't have to go to the Bank to get the Bank Letters and they do that for you and you just around at home waiting?

Completely unclear however it will not include covering the financials. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Dazinoz said:

I assume you are providing the 800k and the agent is just doing the work for you instead of you having to deal with the immigration hastle. I am speaking about the agent providing the 800k and getting the extension for me. I cant see anyway an agent would do this for 8k.

31 minutes ago, jimn said:

I assume you are providing the 800k and the agent is just doing the work for you instead of you having to deal with the immigration hastle. I am speaking about the agent providing the 800k and getting the extension for me. I cant see anyway an agent would do this for 8k.

I use the 65k method so everything 100% kosher so that’s why price is much lower. 

Can I please check that you can convert from a 1 year non O education visa directly to a 12 month extension based on retirement if financial and age requirements are in place?

I would like to continue with the language classes but had some problems re-entering at immigration before being let through after questioning and prefer not to have this worry next time I enter? If possible and I’m continuing the classes would I need some letter from the school?

16 hours ago, Dazinoz said:

I use the 65k method so everything 100% kosher so that’s why price is much lower. 

Thats imaterial. You are using an agent to do your extension because although you have the qualfying funds (65k month), you choose for the agent to do the legwork for you. Thats why its only 8k. I am speaking about not having the funds and the agent providing the 800k into the bank to satisfy immigration. In Pattaya thats 12,500 to 12,900

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Phulublub said:

Really?  Inetrested in this...can you provide a link.  Only Visa I see is Elite which is THB 1million for ten year.

https://www.thailandelite.net/thailand-elite-membership-comparison-table/

Where is this THB 50K Visa?

PH

Link for ongoing topic.

https://aseannow.com/topic/1265383-ltr-visa-is-now-available-for-long-term-residency/

• Like 1

On 1/21/2023 at 6:32 PM, Phulublub said:

Where is this THB 50K Visa?

Sponsored by Thailand Board of Investment (BOI) located  at 18th floor, Chamchuri Square Building (MRT Sam Yan Station).

https://www.thaievisa.go.th/ltr-visa

https://www.thaiembassy.com/thailand-visa/thailand-long-term-resident-ltr-visa

Several Thai law firms can assist with the application - just Google them.

I did my own from Thailand applying as Pensioner, switching from non O-A.

LTRbrochure_EN.pdf

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Findthai said:

What is the usual bank letter? I never ordered this document. 3 months statement is not enought for IO? (I am preparing documents for a non-o 50 year visa)

A letter from your bank certifying how much is in your account on the day.

Pretty routine.

• Like 2

On 1/21/2023 at 4:47 PM, jimn said:

Thats imaterial. You are using an agent to do your extension because although you have the qualfying funds (65k month), you choose for the agent to do the legwork for you. Thats why its only 8k. I am speaking about not having the funds and the agent providing the 800k into the bank to satisfy immigration. In Pattaya thats 12,500 to 12,900

Copy shop quoted me 33k right next to immigration. Are prices increasing at all from the 1x pricing? Most things going up.

BTW did my TM 30 yesterday at Jomtien. Thought I could use the app as when I tried all seem to go through successfully but luckily I checked with them. Can't use the app. Luckily had all the paperwork prepped too. Lady suggested maybe the website works?? It's hard to get through life without these happy confusions.

Edited by TimeMachine