Will Thailand’s new residency visa achieve results?

webfact

On 1/14/2023 at 11:20 AM, ThailandRyan said:

Then she has more money than common sense it would appear, or she just doesn't care.

That would be the case of both.  She owns multiple properties in the US and has made it clear that she has no time for Government servants.  She expects everything done right now.  Money is no object.  Stupid woman considering she had all the info (PDF) plus the fact that she had the offer of a Thai who was familiar with the workings of Immigration (both BOI and CW) to accompany her to the BOI.

• Thumbs Up 1

I think its a good thing, I don't need it personally but was chatting to someone yesterday who said it was easy to do. I don't have the 40k of income nor a wish to stay in Thailand in the longer term but if I did I would def use this visa.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

A rethink requires humility, vision, creativity, and the ability to admit the current program has not had the kind of success they had hoped for. None of that is possible from the goon squad. 

You may be right. A (genuinely) good accountant should be able to point out the benefits of a rethink though - and how much "more" profitable it could be to them. If done in such a way that makes them think it was their idea it might work. Someone also needs to ask them seriously whether they want people to take them up on the offer or not. Show them how sometimes less can be more. 

• Like 1