Greta Thunberg detained at German coal protest

Scott

7 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

The 1 Million prize money was awarded to her  on the understanding that it would be used to help further her cause ,  she wasn't expected to personally keep the money .

The prize money is given to a person to help them continue with the cause that they were nominated for  .

She had to (sign) agree to donate the prize money before she was able to receive it 

She did not have to sign and agree to "donate" that money, you've just added that to something that's not there.

image.png.c904d79120d7e9060c9bd307b6fb54e9.png

https://gulbenkian.pt/en/the-foundation/gulbenkian-prize-for-humanity/

11 minutes ago, transam said:

"Refugee and human rights advocates", well, well, well, so GT was brought up in an activist "climate", that shines a bit of light on things....:whistling:

Go ahead, provide your speculation on that new light? Keep in mind whats in the link................

2 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

She did not have to sign and agree to "donate" that money, you've just added that to something that's not there.

No I didn't heres the bit that you deleted or failed to add

Are there requirements on how the award money should be spent?

The prize should be used in a way that maximizes the valuable contribution of the winning person/organisation.

Must the winner sign an agreement laying out the terms of the prize?

Yes, the winner will be asked to sign an agreement laying out the terms of the prize.

https://gulbenkian.pt/en/the-foundation/gulbenkian-prize-for-humanity/frequently-asked-questions/

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Fruit Trader said:

Or children used to perform public relation stunts.

I see Thunberg as nothing more than a contrived fraud being fed lines by her activist handlers. One only needs to look at what happens when she faces media questions without a script.

Not all bad for Greta though, after her recent spat with Andrew Tate its clear she has a talent for dick jokes.

No longer a child and approaching 20, I really do hope Greta's online safe space army are strong enough to hold off the sh*t storm brewing in media wings.

What media questions would those be? That one video where a reporter basically asks her how to better promote public awareness of climate change? What has that got to do with the science of climate change and climate change's consequences for humanity?  You've got nothing.

Just now, Mac Mickmanus said:

No I didn't heres the bit that you deleted or failed to add

Are there requirements on how the award money should be spent?

The prize should be used in a way that maximizes the valuable contribution of the winning person/organisation.

Must the winner sign an agreement laying out the terms of the prize?

Yes, the winner will be asked to sign an agreement laying out the terms of the prize.

https://gulbenkian.pt/en/the-foundation/gulbenkian-prize-for-humanity/frequently-asked-questions/

Where does it say it must be donated as you claimed. It does not.

1 minute ago, Bkk Brian said:

Go ahead, provide your speculation on that new light? Keep in mind whats in the link................

Links to what, me hiding behind the Thunberg sofa listening in, blimey, even you must know that kids brought up in an "environment" can be affected by it.

How many times have we read a defender in court stating a kid's home background as evidence to their defence... 

Where does it say it must be donated as you claimed. It does not.

"The prize should be used in a way that maximizes the valuable contribution of the winning person/organisation."

The prize money isn't expected to be kept for personal use 

7 minutes ago, placeholder said:

What media questions would those be? That one video where a reporter basically asks her how to better promote public awareness of climate change? What has that got to do with the science of climate change and climate change's consequences for humanity?  You've got nothing.

Nor has GT, a puppet.....

4 minutes ago, transam said:

Links to what, me hiding behind the Thunberg sofa listening in, blimey, even you must know that kids brought up in an "environment" can be affected by it.

How many times have we read a defender in court stating a kid's home background as evidence to their defence... 

Or you don't bother to read the link and carry on with unsubstiated claims. Up to you

Edited by Bkk Brian

3 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

"The prize should be used in a way that maximizes the valuable contribution of the winning person/organisation."

Since what part of "The prize should be used in a way that maximizes the valuable contribution of the winning person/organisation."

Equates to your claim that:

She had to (sign) agree to donate the prize money before she was able to receive it 

Would you like me to run through some of the many opportunities she could have taken to use the money and keep it under her control that would benefit her cause?

You know, the same way previous winners have done.

Or you don't bother to read the link and carry on with unsubstiated claims. Up to you

So you don't like my thoughts, sorry, but I am not one of the "aaaah" brigade.

As you know so much, tell me what GT did with the big payout. Did dad buy a new care to ferry her around, stuff like that.

How does GT pay her bill's, is it all handout's...?

Tell all...

• Like 2

Just now, transam said:

As you know so much, tell me what GT did with the big payout. Did dad buy a new care to ferry her around, stuff like that.

Tell all...

What big pay out? If you want to know how she pays bills its already in this OP, if you're so interested in that part of her personal life.

6 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Would you like me to run through some of the many opportunities she could have taken to use the money and keep it under her control that would benefit her cause?

You know, the same way previous winners have done.

She was the first winner of that prize , there were no previous winners

7 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

What big pay out? If you want to know how she pays bills its already in this OP, if you're so interested in that part of her personal life.

Her big payout that she signed for, you forgot already....

She was the first winner of that prize , there were no previous winners

Yep, the other ones they do are for science that have the same conditions as this New one for Humanity. 

There are two other recipients for the Humanity Prize, they also did not donate it. So still waiting for the proof of same claim of yours..................

21 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

If 

11 minutes ago, transam said:

Tell all...

If you're really interested in where the money goes, I suggest you avail yourself of something called google and do a search with it. I did and it took all of a minute to find this:

https://thegretathunbergfoundation.org/where-the-money-goes/

Just now, placeholder said:

If 

If you're really interested in where the money goes, I suggest you avail yourself of something called google and do a search with it. I did and it took all of a minute to find this:

https://thegretathunbergfoundation.org/where-the-money-goes/

I am not interested, I am posting asking questions, it's a chat forum....:cowboy:

37 minutes ago, placeholder said:

Yes, all those lying blinkered climatologists. What you're denying is basically an established fact since the mid 19th century when the eminent Irish physicist, John Tindall, discovered what is popularly known as the greenhouse effect. It only became controversial when its application threatened certain economic interests

Exxon Knew about Climate Change almost 40 years ago
A new investigation shows the oil company understood the science before it became a public issue and spent millions to promote misinformation

https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/exxon-knew-about-climate-change-almost-40-years-ago/

Not as long ago as that, there is still no proof fossil fuels cause global warming

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-2569215/Humans-not-blame-global-warming-says-Greenpeace-founder-Patrick-Moore.html

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Yep, the other ones they do are for science that have the same conditions as this New one for Humanity. 

There are two other recipients for the Humanity Prize, they also did not donate it. 

The other winners used the money for further their cause , they didn't keep the money for themselves , the subsequent winners used the money for projects in Africa .

Point is  the money isn't supposed to be kept for the winner to spend on what they want , its meant to be used to further their cause 

The other winners used the money for further their cause , they didn't keep the money for themselves , the subsequent winners used the money for projects in Africa .

Point is  the money isn't supposed to be kept for the winner to spend on what they want , its meant to be used to further their cause 

Yes correct they did not donate it, could Greta have done that? Her cause in setting up a foundation to promote climate change? Oh she did...........

6 minutes ago, proton said:

This is your idea of evidence? A non-scientist's assertion. Moreover, he's a proven liar:

Patrick Moore Did Not Found Greenpeace
Patrick Moore frequently portrays himself as a founder or co-founder of Greenpeace, and many news outlets have repeated this characterization. Although Mr. Moore played a significant role in Greenpeace Canada for several years, he did not found Greenpeace. ... A copy of his application letter and Greenpeace's response are available here (PDF).

http://web.archive.org/web/20110827151509/http://www.greenpeace.org/usa/en/campaigns/nuclear/patric-moore-background-inform/

• Like 1