Greta Thunberg detained at German coal protest

Scott

6 hours ago, Hanaguma said:

I don't understand what that means. Encourage people to drive less BUT spend more money to maintain roads? Seems at cross purposes to me.   If you want to discourage driving, let the roads break up and become bumpy.

only if you provide a practical alternative.....  

6 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Not quite correct, when the likes of Greta mentions China she gets fat shamed by them. 

Greta Thunberg reacts to 'fatshaming' by Chinese state media

The article called her an "environmental princess" after she said China needed to take responsibility for its emissions.

https://news.sky.com/story/greta-thunberg-reacts-to-fatshaming-by-chinese-state-media-12313438

Actually eating more than your body needs is not good for the climate. She should eat less if she is serious about climate change. 

image.png.49ae8e81562c139568933cc92042ca48.png

• Haha 1

Just now, ozimoron said:

Too much carbon emissions to travel there all the way from Europe.

Nice dodge, but I think she can afford a canoe. Besides, the Chinese are now globe-trotting with their new found wealth causing massive pollution.

Naaah, she will stick to easy targets with no fear of being locked up....

12 minutes ago, nickmondo said:

She definately Ate all the Pies..........right little chubber now.

I don't know where to start with this disgusting post. You're attacking a young disabled woman. Do you have even the faintest clue about her disability? It's clear that you don't but that didn't stop you. I won't stoop so low as you educate you but I suggest you educate yourself before launching your next misogynist attack.

Edited by ozimoron
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Hanaguma said:

Oh well, that's OK then.   They paid a sin tax into some faux scheme to justify their emissions. Sounds a lot like the "indulgences" the Catholic Church used to sell. But for the rest of us peasants who can't afford to buy off our consciences, we walk and eat bugs.

I'm sure you're going to share with us the details of this fraudulent scheme that you claim these people paid into. Or are you again making fake allegations for which you can provide no acceptable links to back them up?

19 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Are you also now accusing her of eating too much....................wow. Bookmarked

She does look overweight, yes.

What's wrong with making such a simple observation and noting the impact on climate change? I'm not making fun of her about it, just making an observation. 

27 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

I don't know where to start with this disgusting post. You're attacking a young disabled woman. Do you have even the faintest clue about her disability? It's clear that you don't but that didn't stop you. I won't stoop so low as you educate you but I suggest you educate yourself before launching your next misogynist attack.

Its a few in here who fits braindead definition, so bear with their disability and their struggles. 

should not be difficult to understand our footprint on this planet is larger than life can cope with. So no wonder we never have met any aliens, because, if they are alike us, they will self destruct at some point in their evolution before they get to far from their planet. 

We are talking about leadership and the right priorities, but nope, nobody is willing to step outside their comfort sonecto understand simple logic and simple Physics

Edited by Hummin
  • Thanks 1

Greta Thunberg: Why are young climate activists facing so much hate?

Ms Thunberg is not the only eco-activist under fire, though, four young climate campaigners told the BBC of the abuse they have been subjected to, one was compared to Nazi propaganda chief Joseph Goebbels while another said she had been racially abused.

These environmentalists have asked difficult questions of politicians, and been ruthlessly derided for doing so. With hostility heightening, why are young climate activists facing so much hate?

There were sustained attacks by Germany's far-right Alternative für Deutschland (AfD) party ahead of the EU elections in May. Posts about Ms Thunberg and climate change spiked on the party's Facebook page

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-49291464

• Thumbs Up 1

4 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

You can’t deal with her arguments so you attack her body shape.

You’ve got nothing.

Excessive food consumption has an impact on climate change. If she's not serious about it, why should anyone else be?

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

Tell us what her disability is....?

1 minute ago, JonnyF said:

She does look overweight, yes.

What's wrong with making such a simple observation and noting the impact on climate change? I'm not making fun of her about it, just making an observation. 

You did not make a simple observation. You attacked with unsubstantiated claims and further went on to add she could be taken seriously only if she ate less fat. Pathetic. Do you know here body type? Whens the last time you saw her oh yea in Germany with a winter cost on. I really wouldn't go there unless you want to match China state media and its fake fat shaming.

25 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

Actually eating more than your body needs is not good for the climate. She should eat less if she is serious about climate change. 

image.png.49ae8e81562c139568933cc92042ca48.png

• Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

You did not make a simple observation. You attacked with unsubstantiated claims and further went on to add she could be taken seriously only if she ate less fat.

Not true. You made that up. You really shouldn't do that.

Just now, JonnyF said:

Not true. You made that up. You really shouldn't do that.

Rubbish. Completely bias attack with ignorance of Greta and her personal lifestyle choices:

Greta has been a vegan for many years. Vegans have the smallest carbon footprint, generating a 41.7 percent smaller volume of greenhouse gases than meat-eaters do.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, placeholder said:

I'm sure you're going to share with us the details of this fraudulent scheme that you claim these people paid into. Or are you again making fake allegations for which you can provide no acceptable links to back them up?

Would Greenpeace be an acceptable source for you?

Carbon offsetting is truly a scammer’s dream scheme. 

It’s a bookkeeping trick intended to obscure climate wrecking-emissions. It’s tree planting window dressing aimed at distracting from ecosystem destruction.

https://www.greenpeace.org/international/story/50689/carbon-offsets-net-zero-greenwashing-scam/

Or this Australian professor who researched the government's offsetting schemes?

Prof Andrew Macintosh, the former head of the government’s Emissions Reduction Assurance Committee, said the growing carbon market overseen by the government and the Clean Energy Regulator was “largely a sham” as most of the carbon credits approved did not represent real or new cuts in greenhouse gas emissions.

https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2022/mar/23/australias-carbon-credit-scheme-largely-a-sham-says-whistleblower-who-tried-to-rein-it-in

Edited by Hanaguma