Greta Thunberg detained at German coal protest

Scott

50 minutes ago, Bluespunk said:

I call it that because that is what it was. 

Yes, in your opinion. Mine differ from yours, as in many cases. You are entitled to your opinion, as I am entitled to mine. Just leave it there.

• Thumbs Up 1

4 minutes ago, Gottfrid said:

Yes, in your opinion. Mine differ from yours, as in many cases. You are entitled to your opinion, as I am entitled to mine. Just leave it there.

Not opinion. It is a fact she exercising the democratic right to peaceful protest. 

Edited by Bluespunk
  • Thumbs Up 1

6 minutes ago, Gottfrid said:

Yes, the only difference is that you are talking about a grown up intelligent and educated man. I am talking about a youngster that would to anything just for another 15 minutes of fame.

So now you're a mind reader, are you? You know for a fact what motivates Thunberg?  It's typical of people who don't have facts to back them up that they resort to unbacked attacks on someone's character instead..

Edited by placeholder
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Teen Greta. That is what she is, for another year or two.

Will she get so much publicity after she is twenty?

In My Opinion she is just another rich family teen.

Some posters seem to think she is something special.

Well good for you, I think she is good at speaking in

public, and is taking advantage of it.

5 minutes ago, Stargeezr said:

Teen Greta. That is what she is, for another year or two.

Will she get so much publicity after she is twenty?

In My Opinion she is just another rich family teen.

Some posters seem to think she is something special.

Well good for you, I think she is good at speaking in

public, and is taking advantage of it.

I I thought she was 20

19 minutes ago, placeholder said:

So now you're a mind reader, are you? You know for a fact what motivates Thunberg?  It's typical of people who don't have facts to back them up that they resort to unbacked attacks on someone's character instead..

No, but it´s my opinion. Which I have full right to have.

• Thumbs Up 1

22 minutes ago, Bluespunk said:

Not opinion. It is a fact she exercising the democratic right to peaceful protest. 

Ok, so then you are saying that she was detained and removed unlawfully? Can you please show me where you can back up that.

For your information, there is different rules and laws concerning democracy depending on which country you are in. I think they acted according to the law, which is why she is a trouble maker.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, Gottfrid said:

No, but it´s my opinion. Which I have full right to have.

Is that all you've got? That it's your right? What's that got to do with the validity of what you say? It's also a member's right also to claim that the moon is made of green chase. Do you think that claiming it's one's right to say such things constitutes any kind of defense.

And of course, it's the right of any member of aseannow.com to point out how baseless your comments are. That should go without saying. As should your irrelevant defense of your comment.

4 minutes ago, Gottfrid said:

For your information, there is different rules and laws concerning democracy depending on which country you are in. I think they acted according to the law, which is why she is a trouble maker.

It's also your right to engage in self-contradictory thinking as evidenced by your comment about Martin Luther King. Let me remind you what you said, since you seem to have forgotten how you described that renowned trouble maker.

image.png.94751bf36b3133e098aba3ba14dbb434.png

2 minutes ago, Gottfrid said:

Ok, so then you are saying that she was detained and removed unlawfully? Can you please show me where you can back up that.

Official explanation of the brief detention.

“Greta Thunberg was part of a group of activists who rushed towards the ledge. However, she was then stopped and carried by us with this group out of the immediate danger area to establish their identity,” a spokesperson for Aachen police told Reuters, adding one activist had jumped into the mine.

https://en.as.com/latest_news/why-did-climate-activist-greta-thunberg-get-arrested-in-germany-n/

• Like 1

Another person who doesn't understand the difference between weather and climate. 

Global heat records are outpacing cold records by 10-1, data shows

https://www.kktv.com/2022/07/18/global-heat-records-are-outpacing-cold-records-by-10-1-data-shows/

The Last 8 Years Have Been The Hottest Ever Recorded on Earth

https://www.sciencealert.com/the-last-8-years-have-been-the-hottest-ever-recorded-on-earth

image.png

1 hour ago, Gottfrid said:

Where did I say she was removed unlawfully?

Can you please back that erroneous statement up?

Edited by Bluespunk

4 minutes ago, transam said:

For being a nuisance...:wacko:

She is highlighting a global issue, something climate change deniers do find to be a nuisance. The truth often is for such. 

She was exercising her right to protest and the poster I quoted stated she should be locked up and the key be thrown away for doing so. 

Edited by Bluespunk
“change” added to make meaning clear and prevent troll from trolling
  • Like 1

I think we all know the global issue, all the world's governments know the global issue, which includes even deniers.

GT thinks she is going to change everything by protesting outside a coal yard, it does nothing but pull resource from other duties, in other words, pests.

The UK is plagued with these pests for different causes that achieve nothing.... 

yes, those exercising their democratic right to protest and exposing issues climate deniers would rather aren’t are pesky aren’t they. 

9 minutes ago, James105 said:

I'm surprised she is in Germany as China has now opened up it's borders and it would be an excellent time to take her climate protests over there.   China has 1118 coal power plants.   Germany has 3.   

Has she been to China yet?  Perhaps one of the consequences of not finishing her education is that she is unaware of countries in the east hence she is still protesting in countries that have already signed up to the green agenda.  

She finished her education, all she did was take a gap year, check your research.

• Like 2

Just now, transam said:

GT makes no difference at all to the climate issue, except bring the fruitcakes out of the woodwork for something to protest about, usually the dole queue brigade and the severally woked......... :1zgarz5:

Nonetheless she has every right to peaceful protest and bring attention to actions that will add to the climate change crisis. 

lol-woke 

3 minutes ago, Bluespunk said:

Nonetheless she has every right to peaceful protest and bring attention to actions that will add to the climate change crisis. 

lol-woke 

Being a pest is doing nothing for the world's populace that already know.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, transam said:

Why hasn't she done her thing in the world's REAL polluting countries, like India and China, why only the soft targets, tell all, you do seem to know everything about GT......????

I use Google, its not particularly complicated, you are quite capable of telling all yourself..........................

Edited by Bkk Brian
spelling
  • Like 1

Why hasn't she done her thing in the world's REAL polluting countries, like India and China, why only the soft targets, tell all, you do seem to know everything about GT......????

I don’t know much about her nor have I claimed to do so. 

All I have done is point out she is exercising her democratic right to peaceful protest as were all those involved in this peaceful protest. 

Edited by Bluespunk
Typo
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Bkk Brian said:

I use Google, its not particularity complicated, you are quite capable of telling all yourself..........................

So you have no opinion on why she hasn't done her thing in India or China, you know, the countries that are causing the major part of purported problems......?  :cowboy:

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, transam said:

So you have no opinion on why she hasn't done her thing in India or China, you know, the countries that are causing the major part of purported problems......?  :cowboy:

I don’t care why she has not. Nothing to do with my posts. 

By the way why do you keep missing out the country between China and India in terms of polluting countries? Does it not fit your narrative?