Math teacher who slapped student transferred pending investigation - video clip angers parents

webfact

1 hour ago, actonion said:

Winding the clock back to  the early 1960's  with todays  rules and regulations  in  the classroom i could have made a fortune, taking teachers to court for a slap round the ear hole,    its a pity the parents don't do more of it...

Agree , in about 1960 on my first day ay a private school I was given the cane for not eating my school dinner , gristle and fat. I am still fussy if given a meat pie.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, webfact said:

In their earlier report Daily News said they had spoken to a senior figure who said that the teacher gets on well with the students.

As evident in the video.. pull the other one it's got bells on.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

4 minutes ago, Confuscious said:

Strange ......

My view on the Teachers in Thailand is quite the opposite of yours.
And I can state my point of view with the teachers at the school of my daughter.
An English Program school.

The teacher, no difference between Thai or foreigner teachers, spend their days in school with giving the students a printer page to color, or a printed page with worthless questions taken out of the Internet.

After the tremestrial test, or the semi-year test, most students had a very low result and the teacher advised the parents to left their kids take "special classes" with her/him for a good price per hour.

Maybe time to find a new school? 

15 minutes ago, DJ54 said:

Speaking of schools …what is it with all the holidays? Of for Christmas, off for New Year, off this week 1 week for Teachers day…. Probably off for Chines New Year…

Just what I have been saying, but we know the government do not want an educated population. 

• Like 1

Im all against physical punishment, not only for students but for all people. But tbh, this isn't really that bad of a punishment. I've seen students get punished way worse, some couldnt even write for a few days. Sometimes I could hear them getting the cane from our office! Is it a good idea to do what she did? The answer is no. But I don't think she deserves to be sacked just for that!