Video: Bus driver "has seizure", drives onto sidewalk, hits tree - condo security guard taken to hospital

webfact

5-29-1024x576.jpg

Picture: 77kaoded

77kaoded reported on an accident outside a condo in the area of the Erawan BTS station in Muang district of Samut Prakan, central Thailand.

At 4pm Muang district police and rescue services went to the scene in Pak Nam sub-district.

A bus had hit a small power pole and a large tree that was under the vehicle.

8-15-1024x576.jpg

Also under there was 62 year old Prasert, one of the condo's security men who had been on duty outside. 

He was taken to Samut Prakan Hospital.

Driver Suranet, 44, had a cut lip but no recollection of what had happened.

On the video he said that it was not a microsleep (lap nai), notes ASEAN NOW.

He was also taken to hospital.

Khongsakun, 50, said he was the driver of another bus in a convoy of three. They were going home after delivering children who had been on a school trip.

He said they had all been in radio contact when Suranet pulled over to the left.

1-34-1024x576.jpg

Driving the last in the convoy, he radioed his friend to ask whether he wanted him to overtake before he saw his colleague crash.

They all rushed to the scene and found Suranet foaming at the mouth and confused. 

He had no idea if Suranet had an existing medical condition but asserted that he had slept from 8pm to 5am the previous night before the trip.

Police believe that the driver had a seizure of some kind perhaps from an existing condition.

They plan to view CCTV and interview everyone to help with their investigation. 

asean_now_BB.jpg

-- © Copyright  ASEAN NOW 2023-01-23

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Monthly car subscription with first-class insurance, 24x7 assistance and more in one price - click here to find out more!

Get your business in front of millions of customers who read ASEAN NOW with an interest in Thailand every month - email [email protected] for more information

image.jpeg

1 hour ago, SOTIRIOS said:

...Bus Driver Thinking To Himself...

...'I Am Prone To Seizures'....

...'I Better Keep That To Myself'...

...'Otherwise They Won't Hire Me'...

...'What Could Possibly Go Wrong'... (?)

Sotirios to Thaivisa...

..."here's some more unfounded and unjustified speculation".

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Only if you allow there to be no meter in the taxi you get in.

You must mean that you do not go with taxi that do not use the meter. Otherwise, you can always try to make a taxi driver in Soi Nana to turn on the meter. Be my guest ????

• Thumbs Up 1

BUSDREAM on bus is quite ... I don't know what word to use in that situation, or maybe I better keep it to myself.

But seriously... it is "good" that this has happened after children were offloaded and that this was a convoy so his colleagues rushed in to help. Would have ended as a lot more tragic story if he had seizure an hour or so earlier, when kids were still there, and possibly driving faster than this...

14 hours ago, Gottfrid said:
17 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Only if you allow there to be no meter in the taxi you get in.

You must mean that you do not go with taxi that do not use the meter. Otherwise, you can always try to make a taxi driver in Soi Nana to turn on the meter. Be my guest

That s exactly what I mean and I'm not daft enough to (a) go to Soi Nana (Soi 3) or even Soi 4, nor (b) try to get a taxi from Soi 3 or 4.

1 hour ago, Liverpool Lou said:

That s exactly what I mean and I'm not daft enough to (a) go to Soi Nana (Soi 3) or even Soi 4, nor (b) try to get a taxi from Soi 3 or 4.

Sad to hear. It´s a great experience. The best of all, is that it can be different experiences every time with different flavors.