Busted! Thai immigration arrest Chinese "tourists" who opened restaurant in Bangkok without work permits

webfact

1 hour ago, ikke1959 said:

no work permits/?? How come.. Thai people can cook too so no work permit given as it is a job Thai people can do...I never will understand the logic in this country... everything goes against everything...

It happens to be true. Doesn’t matter that work permits might not be given, they haven’t got them. It is a quick and easy deportation reason.

• Thumbs Up 1

40 minutes ago, ikke1959 said:

no work permits/?? How come.. Thai people can cook too so no work permit given as it is a job Thai people can do...I never will understand the logic in this country... everything goes against everything...

"I never will understand the logic in this country"....... that's because there is no logic. How can a person understand something that doesn't exist.

• Like 1
  • Love It 1

This issue is not exclusively to Thailand.  Many countries you have to have some type of work permit to be employed as a foreigner.  Unfortunately some people break the rules. I wonder how many western expats actually work illegally in Thailand or other countries. 
People seem to have an issue when there is some sort of crackdown.  Like they moved here with the mentality there are no rules. And they can get away with things. 

• Like 1

OK, work permit is work permit but the sheer appearance of the kitchen is clearly proof enough, that Thailand could use thousands of such Chinese cooks. I've never ever seen any kitchen in this country anywhere close to being clean as the pictoral proof above, that Chinese also have clean persons. 

Thai kitchens, run by Thais, usually are dungeons of dirt, sticky oil and food waste lying everywhere; the jackpot is a cat roaming the kitchen for rats or mice. 

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, ikke1959 said:

Which is why we live here!!!         Everything against everything…….  This is the way.

4 hours ago, ikke1959 said:

We are guests in their country and therefore must abide by their rules. Nothing to understand as that is the way

6 hours ago, webfact said:

Rapheephat mentioned RTP chief Pol Gen Damrongsak Kittipraphat's desire to prevent damage to Thailand caused by people working illegally and not paying tax. 

Is it not paying tax, or taking job's only Thai people can do?

1 hour ago, Sydebolle said:

OK, work permit is work permit but the sheer appearance of the kitchen is clearly proof enough, that Thailand could use thousands of such Chinese cooks. I've never ever seen any kitchen in this country anywhere close to being clean as the pictoral proof above, that Chinese also have clean persons. 

Thai kitchens, run by Thais, usually are dungeons of dirt, sticky oil and food waste lying everywhere; the jackpot is a cat roaming the kitchen for rats or mice. 

On the other hand, would you rather have the cat or the rats?  ????

• Haha 1

Seems over the past several weeks there have been nunmerous Chinese criminals identified.

A little concerning as they really have not started to come in significant numbers, which should occur next month.  Should be interesting to see how many more of this element lands here and what crimes they may be involved in.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Searat7 said:

I was riding through South Pattaya on Second Road the other night and I counted 9 Indian restaurants within a fairly small area. Surely these places are not run and staffed by Thai people.

My experience of eating there (I became a huge fan of Thalis, for 120 THB basmati rice, (fluffy and could be eaten on its own, for the flavour alone), poppadom, chapattis, dal, a curry, raita, chutney) and got to know 1 or 2 proprietors. I think both had Thai wives and had been there for many years. They were extremely gentle, kind people, easy to talk to and very friendly. I guess there's a way of doing these things that the Chinese haven't quite worked out yet.

• Like 2

It's not just about the tax or protected professions.

What's the redress if someone dies of salmonella they've been fed in places where people are working illegally? Especially when the illegals apparently   o w n  the damn place.

No insurance, no accessible funds to compensate with, and a dead breadwinner with the family homeless. Illegal working is plague that only benefits the criminals who traffic these people. And that seems to include some people in uniform funnily enough.