Internet banking change.

12 hours ago, sikishrory said:

I think scb will do the same soon. I logged into their crappy excuse for a website the other night and noticed it now suggests using the app

Actually, I asked that very question in SCB ( Pattaya Klang) branch jusv2 days ago.

A manager told me that they are keeping both the website and App. Of course she may not have been informed herself ????

On 2/11/2023 at 12:52 AM, sikishrory said:

I think scb will do the same soon. I logged into their crappy excuse for a website the other night and noticed it now suggests using the app

Actually, I don't think there web site is that crappy and the support is great they answered a question from me via "contact" in 10 minutes

• 4 weeks later...

I don't know if it has anything to do with the ending of NetBank Services, but the queues at the Krung Thai bank in Bang Dung are enormous. Went there in the week and at 7-45 in the morning there must have been 200 people. When I passed at 8-30 the crowd had grown to over 300 I reckon.

906337707_aaaaaaqueue.png.cc4a249bafba8946b53da11ba2032aa3.png

A lot of the 'early-birds' had been given a chair directly in front of the bank. Those turning up after 7am had to stand.

aaaqueuq.png.49a3c186bda45398d15cbf7e46561931.png

Edited by owl sees all
  • Confused 1

4 minutes ago, owl sees all said:

I don't know if it has anything to do with the ending of NetBank Services, but the queues at the Krung Thai bank in Bang Dung are enormous. Went there in the week and at 7-45 in the morning there must have been 200 people. When I passed at 8-30 the crowd had grown to over 300 I reckon.

A lot of the 'early-birds' had been given a chair directly in front of the bank. Those turning up after 7am had to stand.

Same outside kt branch in tepprasit on Tuesday. But all clear Wednesday. Maybe something to do with the holiday, and it being first of month.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, owl sees all said:

Probably has something to do with monthly welfare/old age benefits.   I see similar lines at other KrungThai Bank branches during the first week of each month.   As KrungThai  Bank is government owned it is the bank used when applying for/receiving govt benefit payments.  

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Pib said:

Probably has something to do with monthly welfare/old age benefits.   I see similar lines at other KrungThai Bank branches during the first week of each month.   As KrungThai  Bank is government owned it is the bank used when applying for/receiving govt benefit payments.  

I usually only see queues like this at the 'farmers bank'.

The volume of people at the KrungThai bank were much more than I've seen before. So many people that the traffic had to take extra care. I heard a couple of 'toots' while I was snapping.

aaaaaq.png.d93946ccc1e8b5a2f5e86b710db0609d.png

There is a little bank tucked away down a side street in Ban Dung. I'm gonna visit and ask if they do internet banking; but not the dreaded 'APP' thing. Proper internet banking like they once did at KTB.

I's situated in the only one-way street in the town that I know of.

• 3 months later...
On 1/27/2023 at 8:05 AM, tubber said:

Has any non-Thai managed to register on the app recently, in the last few weeks, and actually get it to work? I have tried and failed miserably along with bank staff.

I'm visiting Thailand for a month; I do not have a mobile number. After three visits to my Bangkok Bank branch (in Korat), and a side-step to procure an AIS sim-card, I was able to get the bank's assistance in setting up mBanking on my iPhone. Sigh.

What I really wanted was iBanking, which I hope to use when I return to the USA. I was able to set up an account, but it was implied by the bank that I had to first set up mBanking. Whatever. TIT.

P.S. I could have set up 10 online bank accounts in the USA within the time I wasted going to and from BB.

Edited by Gumballl

34 minutes ago, Gumballl said:

What I really wanted was iBanking, which I hope to use when I return to the USA. I was able to set up an account, but it was implied by the bank that I had to first set up mBanking. Whatever. TIT.

Probably a miscommunication.   For many years I just used Bangkok Bank ibanking.....then around 2 years ago I decided to also start using their mobile mbanking.   Downloaded the app, entered my ibanking User ID and password and I was into mbanking.    Now I rarely use their ibanking....instead, use their mbanking over 95% of the time....but I live in Thailand and don't have to worry about whether mbanking will work outside of Thailand without a Thai SIM. 

As long as you have a User ID and password which I expect you had to have to begin using mbanking that same User ID and password "should" work for ibanking unless Bangkok Bank can now set their system to grant only mbanking but not allow ibanking (or vice versa).

23 hours ago, Pib said:

<snip>

As long as you have a User ID and password which I expect you had to have to begin using mbanking that same User ID and password "should" work for ibanking unless Bangkok Bank can now set their system to grant only mbanking but not allow ibanking (or vice versa).

Sadly, that's what SCB is doing - closing their "SCB Easy" online portal and forcing customers on to m-banking App. I  wouldn't be surprised if Bangkok Bank IS doing the same.

14 minutes ago, VBF said:

Sadly, that's what SCB is doing - closing their "SCB Easy" online portal and forcing customers on to m-banking App. I  wouldn't be surprised if Bangkok Bank IS doing the same.

This means that no more access via laptop and only mobile phone? I have an SCB account but never received this info, to my knowledge. Also very possible they sent it to me but I didn't read it. I'm very surprised at this move by banks as navigating important stuff from a phone is just plain silly. We do it out of necessity when out and about but it's hardly a replacement for a home computer/laptop. Yet another reason to dislike banks.

• Thumbs Up 2

5 minutes ago, bamboozled said:

This means that no more access via laptop and only mobile phone? I have an SCB account but never received this info, to my knowledge. Also very possible they sent it to me but I didn't read it. I'm very surprised at this move by banks as navigating important stuff from a phone is just plain silly. We do it out of necessity when out and about but it's hardly a replacement for a home computer/laptop. Yet another reason to dislike banks.

Take a look here - I was caught by surprise!

• Like 1

I dumped KrungThai  because they went all mobile. Got hooked up with Kazikorn internet banking; with a struggle.

This is not good news about SCB. How long before Kazikorn follow.

All getting ready for the cashless era.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, VBF said:

Take a look here - I was caught by surprise!

Thanks! Yes, I just logged onto the website and saw the announcement. I find it a bit baffling, frankly. Hopefully, I just need to get used to doing it on the phone and no big deal. I'm more comfortable on the laptop doing all this stuff, however. I'm sure it's about saving money and not security.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 2 months later...

Well, looks like KTB have moved the goalposts again. For transfers of 50,000B or more you now need facial recognition. Same for a daily limit of over 200,000B. Has anyone tried this or had any success? I'll go to the bank and try whenever it stops raining.

3 hours ago, tubber said:

Well, looks like KTB have moved the goalposts again. For transfers of 50,000B or more you now need facial recognition. Same for a daily limit of over 200,000B. Has anyone tried this or had any success? I'll go to the bank and try whenever it stops raining.

Tried over and over. They say not ready yet.