What the Tyre Nichols videos show.

Social Media

20 hours ago, ozimoron said:

The greatest moron that ever graced politics. He doesn't care when its blacks killing blacks.

Rep. Jim Jordan (R-OH) suggested that he would not take any action after the death of Tyre Nichols because he said that there is no "law that can stop that evil."

https://www.rawstory.com/jim-jordan-tyre-nichols

“I’m for the best training possible, but what I’m not for is what we saw there. I don’t know that any, any training, no ban — there was no chokeholds used there — what they did there was just just continue to beat Mr. Nichols,” Jordan said on Sunday. “So I don’t know that’s the answer, but we again will look at what we think makes sense to help, to make sure they have the proper training, but no amount of training is going to change what we saw in that video.”

https://consent.yahoo.com/v2/collectConsent?sessionId=3_cc-session_e15c0f41-7988-4e1a-9050-20aeafee7779

Video (cue to ~1:42:00)

Keep in mind the Raw Story video showed only a portion that perhaps is censored to push their narrative. We all know that Raw Story has been characterized as spreaders of "mild pseudoscience misinformation".

https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/raw-story/

Raw Story _misinformation.jpg

Edited by dotcalm

18 hours ago, ADog said:

Odd that they done it whilst knowingly recording themselves giving him the beating of his life.

Its as if they've done it before and got away with it, as the victim didn't die.

Western world has imploded and its getting worse.

Who will wonder with so much violence and hatred in society around and internationally as well.

20 hours ago, ozimoron said:

The greatest moron that ever graced politics. He doesn't care when its blacks killing blacks.

Why would you say that, is it because you don't like Jim Jordan, are you trying to inject your political rant for your own interests?

Can you show some proof of what Jordan cares or doesn't care about?

Year after year cops are prosecuted, protested against. They are asked to face grave danger daily. 

A total of 331 cops were shot across the country in 2022, a 6% increase from 2020, according to a new accounting from the National Fraternal Order of Police. Of officers who were shot in the line of duty, 62 were killed, up 32% from 2020, the police group said.

https://nypost.com/2023/01/14/how-many-police-officers-were-shot-nationwide-in-2022/#:~:text=A total of 331 cops were shot across,up 32% from 2020%2C the police group said.

The pay is probably one of the biggest draws to being a cop.

I can't stand behind what these 5 cops did, pretty brutal. A bit of understanding has to be allowed for the men in blue. And these guys were part of a force who daily saw the worst of the worst criminals.

Better training..........How do you prepare for every time you knock on a door you may be killed on the spot.

Edited by Rimmer
Black formatting has been removed
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, EVENKEEL said:

Year after year cops are prosecuted, protested against. They are asked to face grave danger daily. 

A total of 331 cops were shot across the country in 2022, a 6% increase from 2020, according to a new accounting from the National Fraternal Order of Police. Of officers who were shot in the line of duty, 62 were killed, up 32% from 2020, the police group said.

https://nypost.com/2023/01/14/how-many-police-officers-were-shot-nationwide-in-2022/#:~:text=A total of 331 cops were shot across,up 32% from 2020%2C the police group said.

I can't stand behind what these 5 cops did, pretty brutal. A bit of understanding has to be allowed for the men in blue. And these guys were part of a force who daily saw the worst of the worst criminals.

Better training..........How do you prepare for every time you knock on a door you may be killed on the spot.

I generally agree with you and also I do support law enforcement. However...

The attitude of "every time you knock on a door you may be killed on the spot" is the basis of the problem . There should be NO training for that attitude whatsoever.   Treating the general public like the enemy, not like your employer, is the anathema of good policing. Besides, overall, police don't even rank in the top ten most dangerous jobs in the US.  Truck drivers die more, as do loggers, roofers, even farmers.

https://usafacts.org/articles/how-many-police-officers-die-in-the-line-of-duty/

And a big problem is that the "men in blue" are no longer in blue.  They are in black, or in cammo.  Neither of which are very conducive to being a peace officer.   

And yes, better and longer training is absolutely needed.  In Memphis, standards have been lowered and lowered until thugs like these guys made it onto the Force.  Better pay, better training, better screening of applicants, learning de-escalation tactics, all can make a difference. 

• Like 1

Five , count them, big beefy cops can't subdue one skinny guy without beating him to death?

Appears to me he is laying on ground being held down by several of them then for some reason is pepper sprayed in face at which point the guy figures i better get the hell out of here before these guys kill me and manages to escape the grasp of 5 cops?.....geez can't they throw a big net over him or duct tape his arms and legs together...it's not like he has a gun or knife pointed at the cops.

Whether macho, hate, or incompetence when five big guys can't subdue a guy like this somebody needs to take a long hard look at what the heck is the problem here?

People, yes many of them Blacks have been saying for decades this kind of stuff goes on all the time....now that we have cameras it would appear they are correct.  If these cops did this knowing full well it was all on video try and imagine what they might have done down some dark country road with no cameras.

The net is widening. 2 more police officers suspended. Along with 3 fire dept staff.

At least one of the other officers was white:

White Cop Who Wanted Colleagues to ‘Stomp’ Tyre Nichols Is Suspended

A white Memphis cop involved in the fatal arrest of Tyre Nichols, who was allegedly caught on body-cam saying he hoped other officers would “stomp his ass,” has been relieved of duty, authorities said Monday.

Memphis police told the Associated Press that Preston Hemphill, 26, was “relieved of duty” shortly after the Jan. 7 traffic stop, but his name wasn’t made public until Monday.

In a statement, Nichols family attorney Ben Crump said it was Hemphill who violently pulled Nichols from his car while striking him with a taser during an initial traffic stop—something clearly captured by body-cam footage released by authorities on Friday night.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/memphis-police-officer-preston-hemphill-disciplined-over-tyre-nichols-death

5 hours ago, EVENKEEL said:

Take away the guns. Learn from policing in every other  developed nation where this danger is minimal in comparison.

• Like 1