Family of five - including three month old infant - found shot and stabbed to death in Thailand

webfact

image.jpeg

Thai Rath reported on what they said was a savage killing of an entire family in Tak province in the north west of Thailand.

Wang Chao police chief Pol Col Wasan Sirikankamon had been contacted by the phu yai ban of Ban Srireerak after the discovery of five decomposing bodies on farmland by the Nakheeree stream ten kilometers from the village.

Dead at the scene from shooting and stabbing were a Hmong husband and wife and three children who had the surname of the father.

They were named as Chaow Manpattanakan, 46, Jia Saengsawang, 34, two boys called Phiphiboon, 10, and Ekkaphon, 7, and a three month old infant girl named as Waranya.

One 9mm shell casing was found at the scene. Black bags used for the gathering of ginger were also found.

More details about what happened are expected to emerge today.

asean_now_BB.jpg

-- © Copyright  ASEAN NOW 2023-02-09

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

The most versatile and flexible rental investment and holiday home solution in Thailand - click for more information.

Get your business in front of millions of customers who read ASEAN NOW with an interest in Thailand every month - email [email protected] for more information

" ... Dead at the scene from shooting and stabbing were a Hmong husband and wife and three children who had the surname of the father. ... ".

The emphasis is mine, but I don't quite know what to think of this.  I know Hmong can be hard-headed and a bit "out-there", but what is the deal with slaughtering a whole family!?

Edited by Damrongsak
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Simply horrific.

What on earth can possibly be going through someone's mind, even in an extreme rage or the worst kind of desperation, to rationalise killing a 3 month old baby. 

The article says more details coming today and there's no mention of any suspects or ongoing investigation. With the mention of only one bullet being fired, it might sadly be a murder-suicide case. 

Hmong family of five killed on a farm in Tak

image.png

A family of five Hmong people, including three children, were found dead on a farm in Wang Chao district of Thailand’s western border province of Tak on Wednesday.

Police who rushed to the scene in Village 11 in Chiang Thong sub-district, after being alerted by the victims’ relatives, said that the five bodies appeared to have bullet and knife wounds, adding that the victims are believed to be members of the same family, including the parents and their three children, aged three months, seven and ten.

The motive for the massacre is currently unknown, say the police.

Full story: https://www.thaipbsworld.com/hmong-family-of-five-killed-on-a-farm-in-tak/

Logo-top-.png

-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2023-02-09

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

The most versatile and flexible rental investment and holiday home solution in Thailand - click for more information.

It could be anything.  Domestic issue, money owed, murder suicide.  
One part of the story says one shell casing was found.  Another part said the family was shot and stabbed.  So the it’s unclear at this point. 

It could be from many reasons of disputes to unpaid loans to just farmer sick of people stealing his ginger or whatever. But still no reason to kill children, unless they were 1st whilst parents didn't speak or pay.  Who knows really. Rest in peace to this family. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, realfunster said:

What on earth can possibly be going through someone's mind, even in an extreme rage or the worst kind of desperation, to rationalise killing a 3 month old baby.

Inheritance planning? That's the only thing I can think of apart from someone who was seriously paranoid on the Yabba/Ice.

Wiping out families for inheritance gains is as old as the hills.

Edited by ukrules
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, webfact said:

Dead at the scene from shooting and stabbing were a Hmong husband and wife and three children who had the surname of the father.

They were named as Chaow Manpattanakan, 46, Jia Saengsawang, 34, two boys called Phiphiboon, 10, and Ekkaphon, 7, and a three month old infant girl named as Waranya.

Simply unimaginable someone can do this and walk away without any remorse.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Taboo2 said:

May they rest in peace.

This planet does not surprise me now.  After 60 + years on Earth, I am seriously wondering what the F I got into?

If only I was given an opportunity to read the brochure about earth before being born.

Yes Taboo ... I'm in the same age range and a lot of life lived in my time so far and I too am unable to make direct comment on such an unspeakable atrocity ... such is the level of horror, sick-to-my gut, pain, and sadness I feel at reading this news report.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Taboo2 said:

May they rest in peace.

This planet does not surprise me now.  After 60 + years on Earth, I am seriously wondering what the F I got into?

If only I was given an opportunity to read the brochure about earth before being born.

It sure is a changed place since I popped out of the Womb.

And mostly, not for the better.

43 minutes ago, Cake Monster said:
3 hours ago, Taboo2 said:

May they rest in peace.

Expand  

It sure is a changed place since I popped out of the Womb.

And mostly, not for the better.

Think you’ll find atrocities of such nature (and worse) have been going on since human evolution- the animal kingdom too is pretty raw in tooth and claw - . Global communications mean that you get to hear more of it and much sooner to. 
Nostalgia ain’t what it used to be,eh ..?

11 hours ago, Damrongsak said:

" ... Dead at the scene from shooting and stabbing were a Hmong husband and wife and three children who had the surname of the father. ... ".

The emphasis is mine, but I don't quite know what to think of this.  I know Hmong can be hard-headed and a bit "out-there", but what is the deal with slaughtering a whole family!?

revenge is a dish best served cold

10 hours ago, Taboo2 said:

May they rest in peace.

And many claim we are an advanced civilization. Ha! There are likely millions of advanced civilizations out there in this vast universe, and I would guess we are one of the most primitive.