Can someone identify these Eye Drops

MJCM

The Eye Clinic I visit removes all stickers etc etc of the Eye drops before giving them.

They also charge around 200 THB for this bottle which I guess is just standard Eye Drops

So can someone identify these Eye Drops.

TiA

Ps: The Bottle itself is white, and the Cap is yellow(ish)

eye.thumb.jpg.8c567d2659ec960ff7d320457523006c.jpg

2 minutes ago, gargamon said:

You need to go to a different eye clinic. Who knows what snake oil is in the bottle they gave you. Maybe something that they concocted themselves. 

Doubt it, I see they take it out of the Carton, and when you get it's sealed but the assistant removes all identifying marks from it.

Problem is the other Eye Clinic I go to is 160km's away

Edited by MJCM

Eye drops are for what?  Once that is known Google should be able to find name brands.  Lazada or Shopee do sell.  If for dry eyes Bausch&Lamb ReNu is available from Lazada and should be a dependable brand (although probably not the cheapest).

https://www.lazada.co.th/products/1-1-renu-bauschlomb-renu-i3171251648-s11873093866.html

2 minutes ago, lopburi3 said:

Eye drops are for what?  Once that is known Google should be able to find name brands.  Lazada or Shopee do sell.  If for dry eyes Bausch&Lamb ReNu is available from Lazada and should be a dependable brand (although probably not the cheapest).

https://www.lazada.co.th/products/1-1-renu-bauschlomb-renu-i3171251648-s11873093866.html

Supposedly you have to use the specific type of eye drop that the optham...um eye doctor prescribes for you but I've never really delved into the whys and wherefores of that assertion. I just use the Systane Ultra (UD) that my clinic gave me (subsequent re-ups via Lazada natch)

2 minutes ago, lopburi3 said:

I have irritations in my eye I am seeing this eye doc and also the Eye doc in Bangkok Hospital. They both give me Eye Drops.

The Clinic gives me this and Bangkok Hospital gives me VigaDexa.

Bangkok Hospital says that I can use the Eye Drops from the Clinic all the time, but VigaDexa (as it is much stronger) only a couple of days and then I have to stop and that is what I am doing. So that is also why I say it's a generic Eye Drop.

I am going to Rutnin in the next weeks or so (together with my visit to Bumrungrad) to see what they think. Or maybe go to Bumrungrad for the Eye doc as well because it seems that the Eye Doc from Rutnin also works in Bumrungrad.

1 minute ago, Lemsta69 said:

Supposedly you have to use the specific type of eye drop that the optham...um eye doctor prescribes for you

He is NOT a optham.... He is a real eye doc and also works in the Government Hospital and as you know most of those Docs have their own clinic.

Just now, DrDave said:

I'd be concerned if they removed the expiration date.

Also, I think @Lemsta69 was referring to and opthomologist (real doctor) as opposed to an optometrist.

You are right that they do. There are totally NO identifying marks on it, just the sticker from the Clinic and directions of Use.

My bad, I thought he meant one of those Shops in the Supermarkets. (Not that known with Medical Terms ???? ) @Lemsta69 Sorry

• Like 1

Just now, MJCM said:

He is NOT a optham.... He is a real eye doc and also works in the Government Hospital and as you know most of those Docs have their own clinic.

Oh I thought an opthalmologist was a real eye doctor. I've been seeing one at Rutnin Eye Hospital and she fixed the partial retinal detachment in my right eye a few months back.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Celsius said:

Thx but I am keeping to what the Doc ordered and not going to try some other brands because it could maybe worsen it for me.

We just recently drove up to the Clinic and got 2 Bottles, so I am good for a while.

1 minute ago, Lemsta69 said:

Oh I thought an opthalmologist was a real eye doctor. I've been seeing one at Rutnin Eye Hospital and she fixed the partial retinal detachment in my right eye a few months back.

I already said Sorry what more do you want ????

4 minutes ago, DrDave said:

I'd be concerned if they removed the expiration date.

Also, I think @Lemsta69 was referring to and opthamologist (real doctor) as opposed to an optometrist.

Ha ha yeah I was I just forgot how to spell it ????

I just pulled my records from Rutnin, it's "opthalmologist". Good luck saying that after a few big Changs.

• Haha 1

Just now, Lemsta69 said:

Oops, didn't see your comment as I was in the middle of swiping my reply. Fat fingers on small phone keyboard is not a good combination.

And me not knowing medical terms and posting in the Health forum is also not a good combination :thumbsup:

Google Eye drops, then click on images. You might find it there. 

To be honest, if I were you, I would change clinic. I see you might already be going there, but I can highly recommend Rutnin Eye Hospital. As it says on the tin, they only do eyes. Where better to go?

Will probably be cheaper than Bumrungrad too.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, phetphet said:

Google Eye drops, then click on images. You might find it there.

You can also search Google for an image that appears the same - but without label and being shot at an angle did not see anything in quick check.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, lopburi3 said:

You can also search Google for an image that appears the same - but without label and being shot at an angle did not see anything in quick check.

I already went to Mr google Before I came here, because I knew someone will suggest that for sure.

Have only searched Thailand Images but going to broaden my search

47 minutes ago, phetphet said:

Will probably be cheaper than Bumrungrad too

Thx but don't care. I have a good insurance and they will pay out. I pay it myself and then claim it and they pay out in 2-3 days. Hospital admittance they pay the hospital direct.

Ps: Not a Thai Insurance but from abroad

1 hour ago, MJCM said:

Bangkok Hospital says that I can use the Eye Drops from the Clinic all the time, but VigaDexa (as it is much stronger) only a couple of days and then I have to stop and that is what I am doing. So that is also why I say it's a generic Eye Drop.

The one from the clinic will be a solution, effectively an eywash. The VigaDexa is an antibiotic eye drop hence the restricted use. The other type is a steroidial antibiotic eye drop which has even more restricted use.

I had to go through the spectrum following surgery.

• Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, IvorBiggun2 said:

Have you tried a vet? Animal doctors use the same ear and eye drops as humans. Hence why your supplier removed all stickers indicating animal use.

That is one thing that I haven't thought off. Visit a vet.

My guess that is not the reason why they removed the stickers, my guess it's a good little earner for them to have people come back to the Clinic to get the Bottles instead of going to a pharmacy and get it there at much Lower Prices.

37 minutes ago, phetphet said:

Nearest I could come up with was CD-Oph Eye drops Sterile.

WOW that definitely looks like it!

Edit: Guess it's not an OTC one but could be wrong.

Edited by MJCM