Romance Scammers Dupe Thai Victims Out Of 190 Million Baht in January, Police Statistics Show

webfact

1 hour ago, Emeraldisle said:

If it sounds too good to be true then it is.

What about all the Thai bar girl and boy bar scammers

Only the fools get scammed out of money.... be it via a bar girl/boy or online.

If people can't smell a scam when asked to part with large amounts of money then they must be very gullible.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, hotchilli said:

If people can't smell a scam when asked to part with large amounts of money then they must be very gullible.

I think greed plays a part too..... it has happened to me, perhaps I am a fool.  Very sophisticated internet scams about....

• Like 2

6 hours ago, still kicking said:

So a woman is old at over 40? This happens all over the world. Even girls in their 20 this get a grip. 

In my experience in Thailand women feel old when they are 30.

And in a way I agree with them. I, and many others, would never start a relationship with a woman over 30. 

• Sad 2

Great photo, not even a token white guy in the lineup. I guess loneliness is a powerful feeling, but you would have thought that this scam has been so beaten to death that these women would click. Suppose not... but a crime for really low individuals to commit..

55 minutes ago, kingstonkid said:

The other side of this that is not reported is the number of Thai ladies that do the same thing to foreign men.

Good point and agree..But this is another history wich can be writen in a book ????

3 hours ago, jacko45k said:

I think greed plays a part too..... it has happened to me, perhaps I am a fool.  Very sophisticated internet scams about....

Under certain circumstances it can happen to anyone imo, especially at low or vulnerable points in life. Of course it's obvious to everyone else, which makes it appear stupid.

• Like 1

Block off Soi's 2 thru 7 on Sukumvit, with the Army,  raid every guesthouse, apartment residence and arrest every foreigner living there.  Make them show proper identification, passport visa, work permit, unable to do that, confiscate every cell phone and computer for forensics.  The only way to slow this down - notice I did not say eliminate - is to put on the steel gloves and come out swinging anyone found not guilty??  Apology from Police and let 'em go, otherwise, the rest go into the clink............Just Saying

5 hours ago, hotchilli said:

Scams now are very sophisticated even with convincing websites to back them up. There is a post office scam I've had a few times which links to a very convincing "Post Office" site. Strange thing is it's always when we expect a delivery.  Romance scams are low tec but people are lonely. A friend had a thai girl want him to invest in but coin with her, if he didn't then he didn't love her...he obviously didn't love her...lol

• Like 1