Marriage extension...Immigration Home Visit

Hi

I have applied for extension of "o" based on marriage.

I have been advised we will be getting a visit from Immigration where we will need 2 neighbours to say they know me.

Is there anything else I will likely need or have to do?

thanks

Don

They will ask you some questions, and ask the neighbours some questions, 

they will take photo's of you and your partner outside your residence showing the property number.

They will also take a multitude of photo's of you together inside the property.

They will take copies of your neighbours ID cards and they will have to sign the copies.

The whole thing might take 30 minutes to an hour.

If all is well they will leave.

All you have to do is then return to the IO office on your "under consideration" date [which they stamped in your passport] and get your passport stamped for the extension approval..

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, hotchilli said:

They will ask you some questions, and ask the neighbours some questions, 

they will take photo's of you and your partner outside your residence showing the property number.

They will also take a multitude of photo's of you together inside the property.

They will take copies of your neighbours ID cards and they will have to sign the copies.

The whole thing might take 30 minutes to an hour.

If all is well they will leave.

All you have to do is then return to the IO office on your "under consideration" date [which they stamped in your passport] and get your passport stamped for the extension approval..

Interesting.  Our "home visit" many moons ago consisted of a short talk between the wife and immigration officials at a locked gate.  The whole thing lasted a few minutes.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, connda said:

Interesting.  Our "home visit" many moons ago consisted of a short talk between the wife and immigration officials at a locked gate.  The whole thing lasted a few minutes.

The requirements do seem to be regional.

8 hours ago, Andycoops said:

As is well documented each IO does it's own thing when it comes to most procedures.

And that can vary in the same office.

I have had 5 home visits now and no two have been the same. Last one was in Nov and just one guy turned up, instead of the usual three. He had brought a tripod and just took a few photos that included himself and left.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
6 hours ago, pandaburiram said:

Went today for the marriage extension in Buriram. No receipt for the 1,900 baht application fee. Also were told the immigration "visit" will cost another 2,000 baht. Anyone else having to pay for this "visit"???

Was this at the Chang Stadium office or the one at the Town Hall?

8 hours ago, dingdongrb said:

I did 7 years of marriage extensions all out of the Chiang Mai IO and not once did they visit the house. Things probably have changed as that was 2009 thru 2015.

I got my first home visit after about 13 years. Buriram IO. Have now been married 17 years.