Donald Trump bids 'good riddance' to 'failed woke extremist' Nicola Sturgeon after resignation

Social Media

5 hours ago, Whirby said:

That pretty much sums up every aspect of the man's entire being. How he keeps getting lawyers to take on his cases is baffling. By being involved in his shenanigans, they all end up having to get their own lawyers, if not getting sanction, disbarred, or imprisoned. Explains his string of legal losses over the past couple years though. I don't think many legit legal firms or top lawyers want anything to do with him at this point. 

Hmmm. If he can't get legal representation should a court case proceed? Every accused has a right to representation in court, don't they?

• Sad 1

43 minutes ago, RayC said:

Unfortunately, the full article is behind a paywall but the headline couldn't be clearer. Article from 'The Economist' in 2018:

https://www.economist.com/britain/2018/04/05/the-promised-post-brexit-trade-deal-with-america-may-never-materialise

Actually, if you register with the Economist, you can read 3 free articles per month. And if you delete Economist cookies from your browser each time you reach the 3 article limit, then you can read as many articles as you like. You just have to log in again.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Hmmm. If he can't get legal representation should a court case proceed? Every accused has a right to representation in court, don't they?

Yes, a public defender will be appointed in a criminal trial. If it's a civil trial it will proceed with or without a lawyer.

• Like 1

On 2/16/2023 at 6:13 PM, candide said:

Woke is a convenient word for rightwingers to express their prejudices without explicitly targeting people. They don't dare to say I hate gays, blacks, muslims, etc, so they just say "I hate woke".

If you read your own comment again, you may realize how ridiculously impossible it is

• Love It 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

17 minutes ago, nauseus said:

If you read your own comment again, you may realize how ridiculously impossible it is

I agree with him. It's Orwellian double speak. They use epithets instead of explaining their case. How about you try explaining yours? It's far from ridiculous. The culture wars are all about not having a political agenda they can espouse in public.

• Like 2

On 2/17/2023 at 7:27 PM, RayC said:

So this week's fall guy for the failure of Brexit is Biden.

Well I suppose that it makes a change from it all being down to the nasty EU.

What a wonderful diversionary jump from Nicola Sturgeon resigning, to Trump sneaking onto the topic somehow, and now to President Biden and the failure of Brexit, (his part in the downfall of Brexit).

The topic of the thread has nothing to do with either President Biden, or Brexit, or even Kim Jong Un by the way.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, ozimoron said:

I agree with him. It's Orwellian double speak. They use epithets instead of explaining their case. How about you try explaining yours? It's far from ridiculous. The culture wars are all about not having a political agenda they can espouse in public.

Double speak? you seem to be an expert. Where and who are all these far righters spouting "I hate woke"? 

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, billd766 said:

What a wonderful diversionary jump from Nicola Sturgeon resigning, to Trump sneaking onto the topic somehow, and now to President Biden and the failure of Brexit, (his part in the downfall of Brexit).

The topic of the thread has nothing to do with either President Biden, or Brexit, or even Kim Jong Un by the way.

I can only reiterate my reply to Mac (see previous page).

If you had bothered to read the whole thread you would found that JohnyF introduced Trump and Brexit into the conversation (1st page@10:04).

Maybe your comment would be better directed to him rather than me, or does the fact that he's a fellow Brexiter rule that out?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 2/18/2023 at 2:00 PM, heybruce said:

Published after Trump had been in office 15 months.  It ends giving a few reasons why a trade deal with Trump was unlikely:

"Finally Britain must navigate what one official calls Mr Trump’s idées fixes, such as his obsession with balanced trade (a problem given Britain’s sizeable current-account surplus with America) or his desire to equalise tariffs imposed on German cars entering America, and vice versa. Insiders predict that Britain will be pressed to scrap all import tariffs for American-made cars, even if Britain is still imposing them on cars from the EU. As it happens, the largest single shipper of American-made cars to Britain, accounting for 20,000 sales last year, is a BMW plant in Spartanburg, South Carolina."

Of course we now know that no trade deal happened under Trump.  I don' thing there was much of a push for one.

Well as the UK was still restricted by EU rules until end Jan 2020 there wasn't a lot of time to negotiate much, was there? And we know Biden loves the UK, right?

25 minutes ago, RayC said:

If you had bothered to read the whole thread you would found that JohnyF introduced Trump and Brexit into the conversation (1st page@10:04).

Maybe your comment would be better directed to him rather than me, or does the fact that he's a fellow Brexiter rule that out?

Trump is the first name in the topic line. Why mention introductions?

• Like 1

On 2/16/2023 at 8:12 AM, thaibeachlovers said:

While I agree with him about no loss with her going, I was wondering why he had a beef with her till I was reminded of his golf courses in Scotland.

His mother is Scottish, maybe she didn't \ doesn't like SNP or Sturgeon, cranky wasn't popular with all Scots

• Like 2

2 hours ago, nauseus said:

Double speak? you seem to be an expert. Where and who are all these far righters spouting "I hate woke"? 

Not literally expressed with this sentence, but hate is there (ok, among politicians, it may also be motivated by opportunism). Just look at some posts in the Florida book ban thread.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, RayC said:

It was directed at you as it was your post I specifically answered.

I have no idea if @JohhnyF is/was a Brexiteer of not.

If I was responding to his post, I would have directed my post to him.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, billd766 said:

It was directed at you as it was your post I specifically answered.

I have no idea if @JohhnyF is/was a Brexiteer of not.

If I was responding to his post, I would have directed my post to him.

22 minutes ago, billd766 said:

And my post was in direct response to JohnyF.

If you want to accuse anyone of diversion and introducing off-topic subjects it might be best to direct your comment to the right person.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

17 hours ago, RayC said:

Trump is in the thread title. The thread is literally about Trump. So you are accusing me of introducing Trump into a thread about Trump? ???? 

As for Brexit, I mentioned Trump (the topic of the thread) being open to a trade deal with Britain. Never mentioned Brexit.????

• Thumbs Up 1

9 hours ago, JonnyF said:

Trump is in the thread title. The thread is literally about Trump. So you are accusing me of introducing Trump into a thread about Trump? ???? 

As for Brexit, I mentioned Trump (the topic of the thread) being open to a trade deal with Britain. Never mentioned Brexit.????

You're right. But why have a dig at me? I've not accused you of anything - apart from being completely wrong about Trump being on the cusp of giving the UK a FTA. 

You too ought to direct your comment to the right quarters.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/17/2023 at 7:14 PM, thaibeachlovers said:

Oh he can still get lawyers. They're just not the ones who deal with high profile white collar crimes. For instance those two women he trots out there with his most ridiculous cases. One was an environmental lawyer and the other was resolving parking tickets. Not exactly the cream of the crop.